Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 233900 times)

Ramps

Re: the footy show
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2009, 10:42:55 PM »
As I said in the other thread its unprofessional for mine that Hinkley and Rawlings havent yet done stage 2 interviews as yet. To slow gents, we want the best guy for the job and the interviews should have been completed. They supposedly started 2nd round interviews on Monday, in theory 1 a day should have seen 2nd round interviews finish tonight. Richmond can and should do better.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2009, 10:54:57 PM »
I wonder if the order of interviews is in order of preference.

Ramps you wouldn't think Hinkley or Jade will do a 3-hour interview tomorrow the day before a game so theirs will be early next week.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2009, 11:03:05 PM »

Ramps you wouldn't think Hinkley or Jade will do a 3-hour interview tomorrow the day before a game so theirs will be early next week.

If what Hutchison said tonight is true then I dont think its right. Two candidates will have 1 week extra preparation time over the two other candidates. Up till now Ive been supportive, but the process has to be fair for all 4 candidates. If I was going for a job and had to prepare a presentation, and I had 1 week less than a couple of other candidates then Id be pretty peeved. It doesnt seem right.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2009, 11:20:22 PM »

If what Hutchison said tonight is true then I dont think its right. Two candidates will have 1 week extra preparation time over the two other candidates. Up till now Ive been supportive, but the process has to be fair for all 4 candidates. If I was going for a job and had to prepare a presentation, and I had 1 week less than a couple of other candidates then Id be pretty peeved. It doesnt seem right.
I'd doubt they'd hold more than one interview on the same day. Can you imagine them sitting through 6 hours let alone 12 hours in a day  :P. I know from attending conferences in my time that you don't want to be one of the last ones to give a talk as by then the audience is thinking of quitting time. I would say each interview would be on a difference day (or night). So it's just the luck of the draw. Who knows first impressions may blow away the competition Ramps.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #304 on: August 13, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

I'd doubt they'd hold more than one interview on the same day. Can you imagine them sitting through 6 hours let alone 12 hours in a day  :P. I know from attending conferences in my time that you don't want to be one of the last ones to give a talk as by then the audience is thinking of quitting time. I would say each interview would be on a difference day (or night). So it's just the luck of the draw. Who knows first impressions may blow away the competition Ramps.

This aint a conference where theres heaps of speakers and it becomes a 12 hour day. This is having an interview at say 1pm and finishing at 4pm and then going again at 7pm and finishing at 10pm. Richardson and Hardwick having much less time puts them at disadvantage IMHO.

PS - I heard on SEN last night that Allan Richardson has coached Premierships at Suburban Level. Together with having coached his own team in the VFL and developed a big reputation in development means that for me he is now on the same level as Hardwick and possibly in front of Hardwick. The question on Richardson for me is about his ability to impose himself on the player group and the club and fix the problems - Is he tough enough and does he have enough bad stuff in him to provide the necessary discipline which Hardwick seems to have a reputation for. Thats a pretty important question.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #305 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »

Ramps calm down mate. They're not made to do endurance tests so more time between interviews aint exactly a factor.

2nd round interviews involve detailed case studies which they cant prepare for (unless someone leaks them the agenda).

The delay between the candidates is just due to scheduling.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2009, 12:04:41 AM »

Doesn't that depend on when they had their respective first interviews? If they were done in the same order then they'd have had similar time to prepare. I don't think the first round was done inside a week.

I don't think I'd want a coach that needed that much extra time to prepare anyway. All prospective coaches should already have a pretty fair idea of what their list management, match day strategies, etc, etc are well before they were even in the first interview.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: August 14, 2009, 07:07:13 AM »
Would also think that Geelong playing in Sydney this week may have delayed Hinkley's interview

Also keep in mind that each candidate have current coaching committments, so you would think Thursdays & Fridays (and possible Wednesdays being most clubs main sessions) would mean no interviews on those days. Which leaves Monday and Tuesdays

You certainly don't want to back to back 3 hour interviews for this - seperate days for each

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: August 14, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »

PS - I heard on SEN last night that Allan Richardson has coached Premierships at Suburban Level.

Don't you read my posts Ramps?   :'(

In reality none of the candidates have had any personal coaching success, they may have been part of the experience and assisted in elements of the process but ultimately they all are assistants.

Stripes

Not true Stripes.  Richardson coached East Burwood to 2 EDFL flags in '99/'00.

Ramps

« Reply #309 on: August 14, 2009, 12:46:43 PM »

PS - I heard on SEN last night that Allan Richardson has coached Premierships at Suburban Level.

Don't you read my posts Ramps?   :'(

In reality none of the candidates have had any personal coaching success, they may have been part of the experience and assisted in elements of the process but ultimately they all are assistants.

Stripes

Not true Stripes.  Richardson coached East Burwood to 2 EDFL flags in '99/'00.

I try to read everybodys lol obviously Ive missed yours somewhere along the line  :cheers

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »

PS - I heard on SEN last night that Allan Richardson has coached Premierships at Suburban Level. Together with having coached his own team in the VFL and developed a big reputation in development means that for me he is now on the same level as Hardwick and possibly in front of Hardwick.

Ramps imagine if he hadn't failed a fitness test before the 1990 GF he'd be miles ahead of Hardwick  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: August 14, 2009, 01:31:27 PM »

I try to read everybodys lol obviously Ive missed yours somewhere along the line  :cheers

Yeah sure, that's what they all say.   ;)   :thumbsup 

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »

Ramps imagine if he hadn't failed a fitness test before the 1990 GF he'd be miles ahead of Hardwick  ;D

Excellent observation Jake.  With premiership playing and coaching credentials on his CV he would be odds-on favourite.  And he would have played in '90 if fit - he was well inside their best 22 (or was it still 20 then?).

Ox

« Reply #313 on: August 14, 2009, 01:56:34 PM »
this is not a show.
It's a ,melting pot for societys' morons.
Incredibly,the hosts are bigger bogans than the audience.

LMAO@ THE WHOLE JOINT LAUGHING AT the correct pronounciation of Papier Mache,out of ignorance :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
this is not a show.
It's a ,melting pot for societys' morons.
Incredibly,the hosts are bigger bogans than the audience.

LMAO@ THE WHOLE JOINT LAUGHING AT the correct pronounciation of Papier Mache,out of ignorance :lol

:sleep