Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 233881 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: the footy show
« Reply #435 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »
Didn't their former CEO claim top 4 was the aim by 2010 back in 2008  :wallywink.

Are they going to pay Knighter out his remaining 2.5 years?

Fair chance of it.
I think the Bombers are still entirely deluded about how good they are. The Williams recruitment was indicative of it.
Yes they made the 8 last year but it may as well have been 9th. They are miles away.
Reminds me of us a few years back.
So true.

On the NRL theme there's talk on foxsports of the Bombers chasing Inglis. I would've thought they needed quality midfielders who can kick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #436 on: April 30, 2010, 10:56:54 AM »

Fair chance of it.
I think the Bombers are still entirely deluded about how good they are. The Williams recruitment was indicative of it.
Yes they made the 8 last year but it may as well have been 9th. They are miles away.
Reminds me of us a few years back.

Hopefully the Williams recruitment is the equivalent of our Paul Hudson recruitment.

9 years of hell now for the Bumbers!!  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
The Bombers demise has been a while coming, Knighter is about to carry the can.

Wouldn't of been to long ago someone was singing a different tune 'Insert poster name here'
That is now inconspicuosly quiet   ;) :banghead - lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »
Defensive KPI'S are what Knighter is being measured on. In 2008 he pitched to the board that he has a defensive structure in place and it will take the longest time to implement. Board is getting very restless especially as the Bombers in all the time Knighter has been coach have leaked plenty of goals in run ons. All this came to a head originally after dreamtime at the G in 2008. Obviously with their results this year defensive KPI's are nowhere near what Knighter pitched to the board two years ago let alone where the board want them to be.  Chocco has already been contacted with regards to taking over full time in 2011. Unsure if Knighter goes during the season who takes over. Board don't want him and want to run with a Chocco and Hird coaching ticket from next year.

Have heard he may be gone after dreamtime if the Bombers drop the game to us.

Here is the same thing, from fog dog on BB.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55889&view=findpost&p=1731974
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
Defensive KPI'S are what Knighter is being measured on. In 2008 he pitched to the board that he has a defensive structure in place and it will take the longest time to implement. Board is getting very restless especially as the Bombers in all the time Knighter has been coach have leaked plenty of goals in run ons. All this came to a head originally after dreamtime at the G in 2008. Obviously with their results this year defensive KPI's are nowhere near what Knighter pitched to the board two years ago let alone where the board want them to be.  Chocco has already been contacted with regards to taking over full time in 2011. Unsure if Knighter goes during the season who takes over. Board don't want him and want to run with a Chocco and Hird coaching ticket from next year.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55889&view=findpost&p=1731974

Veruca Salt FC fans not happy lolz.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2010, 11:28:56 PM »

Wouldn't of been to long ago someone was singing a different tune 'Insert poster name here'

wonder who?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #441 on: May 01, 2010, 12:35:44 AM »
Hi to Jackstar  ;D

What stage are the poor deluded souls over there up to now Tucky?  :lol

Knights may get the flick if the Bombers continue to struggle but Mark Williams won't leave Port where his father coached. If he was going to quit Port it would've been last year with all the off-field crap going on at Alberton.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #442 on: May 01, 2010, 02:52:53 AM »
Knights may get the flick if the Bombers continue to struggle but Mark Williams won't leave Port where his father coached. If he was going to quit Port it would've been last year with all the off-field crap going on at Alberton.
Not sure about that, Williams can't be feeling too comfortable at Port right now. Apparently he wasn't happy at all with the appointment of Laidley. I know they're doing ok this year, but he's always wanted to coach a big Victorian club and now may be the best time to do it.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
Not sure about that, Williams can't be feeling too comfortable at Port right now. Apparently he wasn't happy at all with the appointment of Laidley. I know they're doing ok this year, but he's always wanted to coach a big Victorian club and now may be the best time to do it.
I agree Infamy, imagine working alongside a bloke who has aspirations to be a senior coach again! Especially when you have just taken a big pay cut! Toes would be getting stepped on all over the place i'd imagine!Its like politics, you often don't often see the former leader taking up the 2nd in charge role, they are usually sent t o the back bench!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #444 on: May 01, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »
Hi to Jackstar  ;D

They are alternating between Stage 4 Anger Stage 5 Optimism and Stage 6 What the fk Anger 2. :lol :rollin   :lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #445 on: May 01, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
add new stage of confusion after he just led them to whup Hawthorn tonight lol  :whistle
Lots of people name their swords......

jackstar is back again

« Reply #446 on: May 01, 2010, 10:35:16 PM »
Hi to Jackstar  ;D

Yes Hello MT.
Knighst wont get the flick

jackstar is back again

« Reply #447 on: May 01, 2010, 10:37:28 PM »

Good coach is Matty Knights.
problem with most posters on here is you read the rubbish in the papers :banghead
Credit where its due with Knighter, at least he doesnt put 18 players behind the ball, you teach them NOTHING.
I wish the tiges played with a bit of "'flair"

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #448 on: May 01, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »

Good coach is Matty Knights.
problem with most posters on here is you read the rubbish in the papers :banghead
Credit where its due with Knighter, at least he doesnt put 18 players behind the ball, you teach them NOTHING.
I wish the tiges played with a bit of "'flair"

knights is a dead man walking

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #449 on: May 01, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »
If we played with "flair", you'd complain about us leaking goals.