Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 236445 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: the footy show
« Reply #450 on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:11 PM »
The Bombers demise has been a while coming, Knighter is about to carry the can.

Wouldn't of been to long ago someone was singing a different tune 'Insert poster name here'
That is now inconspicuosly quiet   ;) :banghead - lol

Good coach is Matty Knights.
problem with most posters on here is you read the rubbish in the papers :banghead
Credit where its due with Knighter, at least he doesnt put 18 players behind the ball, you teach them NOTHING.
I wish the tiges played with a bit of "'flair"

knights is a dead man walking

Would swap him for Hardwick tomorrow

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: May 01, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »

So would the Bombers.
9th beckons for Essendon.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #452 on: May 01, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
Knights is not a coach for a big 4 club. Has lawys been looking over his shoulder from day 1 being compared first to Sheedy as well as having a suspect game plan.

All the Bombers have done is beaten Carlton a team they have had the wood over winning the last 6 games against them and the Hawks winning the last 3. Have lost to Geelong Freo W Coast and Collingwood. Three of which are in the 8. They are 2-4 nothing earth shattering there for a team who made finals last year with a 10-12 record.

They can keep Knights I'm happy to keep Hardwick. Que Se Ra. :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #453 on: May 01, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »

Wouldn't of been to long ago someone was singing a different tune 'Insert poster name here'

problem with most posters on here is you read the rubbish in the papers :banghead
Credit where its due with Knighter, at least he doesnt put 18 players behind the ball, you teach them NOTHING.

Yes but you even rate Wayne Campbell as a coach

jackstar is back again

« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2010, 08:17:22 AM »
Knights is not a coach for a big 4 club. Has lawys been looking over his shoulder from day 1 being compared first to Sheedy as well as having a suspect game plan.

All the Bombers have done is beaten Carlton a team they have had the wood over winning the last 6 games against them and the Hawks winning the last 3. Have lost to Geelong Freo W Coast and Collingwood. Three of which are in the 8. They are 2-4 nothing earth shattering there for a team who made finals last year with a 10-12 record.

Lets see was strategic plan Hardwick is going to come up with today.
Even Wallace had a plan for Geelong at Geelong.
I will watch with interest from the Geelong Stands, with my fellow OER mate :thumbsup ;)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #455 on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »

Yes but you even rate Wayne Campbell as a coach

Yes, have no issue with that.
As would guys like Leon Cameron

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: May 02, 2010, 08:24:21 AM »

WTF?
Hardwick's not even half a dozen games in to his coaching career with a weak list against the reigning premiers at home and here you are white anting him already.
You're effing pathetic at times Jack.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #457 on: May 02, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »

WTF?
Hardwick's not even half a dozen games in to his coaching career with a weak list against the reigning premiers at home and here you are white anting him already.

Why appoint a learning coach with learning players then. :banghead
There has been huge mistakes this year , ReTuck and other issues at the club that he clearly cant handle.
He reallly has made a huge imprint at Punt Rd hasnt he :banghead
Explain to me the game plan then.
I wait your advice

TigerTimeII

« Reply #458 on: May 02, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
i dont understand why tigers fans keep on bagging knighter

knights was our last decent captain, and was a great player

and he is doing a great job with teh bombers

they will make the 8 this year and they have a bunch of kids developing into damn good players

they owned the dawks last nite campbell brown proved once again he is all huff and puff, all bark no bite and that he is teh biggest sniper going around.  he had his chance last yr to get lloyd back, they were standing face to face on they ground and he wimped out and then carried on like a back yard bully, and last nite he sniped welsdh cos welsh was owning hodge!

back to knights, he is gonna be a damn good coach and we should have chased him 3 yrs ago

TigerTimeII

« Reply #459 on: May 02, 2010, 09:10:07 AM »

I will watch with interest from the Geelong Stands, with my fellow OER mate :thumbsup ;)

sitting amongst all those geelong pussies could be interesting  , i will be sitting with an oer mate too  :gotigers :pray :pray :pray

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #460 on: May 02, 2010, 09:37:53 AM »
i dont understand why tigers fans keep on bagging knighter

knights was our last decent captain, and was a great player

and he is doing a great job with teh bombers

they will make the 8 this year and they have a bunch of kids developing into damn good players

they owned the dawks last nite campbell brown proved once again he is all huff and puff, all bark no bite and that he is teh biggest sniper going around.  he had his chance last yr to get lloyd back, they were standing face to face on they ground and he wimped out and then carried on like a back yard bully, and last nite he sniped welsdh cos welsh was owning hodge!

back to knights, he is gonna be a damn good coach and we should have chased him 3 yrs ago
Nobody was bagging him, they were linking up a thread from the bomber fans bagging him.  The bomber ferals have been screaming for his head since he started.  Sounds strangely familiar actually.  Grass is always greener sort of bs.  But, as long as Knights is an opposition coach and a 'bombers man', he is the stuffing enemy and ill bag him til the cows come home along with Mick Sulkhouse and that other treacherous bastard, Sheedy.
P.S. Bummers have achieved sweet FA they made up numbers and got poleaxed in the 8 last year.  Were lucky to get in. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: May 02, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »

WTF?

Why appoint a learning coach with learning players then. :banghead
There has been huge mistakes this year , ReTuck and other issues at the club that he clearly cant handle.
He reallly has made a huge imprint at Punt Rd hasnt he :banghead
I wait your advice

Ever considered Jack, that just because you don't understand what Hardwick is doing, that doesn't necessarily make him the stupid one?

What was the issue with Tuck that Hardwick couldn't handle, or is that something else that we have to read in the papers tomorrow?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
I wait your advice

His main game plan is fairly simple and this entire season is about laying the foundations for it in the future.

Wallet had his troops confused as to what their roles were and his strategies changes constantly.
The first step is to iron that out. Not easy.

With Dimma right now it's the polar opposite of Terry. He knows the cattle at his disposal isn't there yet so it's back to K.I.S.S. theory for now.
The game plan is not complicated but it's fairly consistent that I can see despite appearing messy at times when we're being well beaten.

The crux of it is Dimma is looking to find skilled players who make good decisions off HB that can set up attack.
He's so far tried Connors & Edwards there with some success as well as Tambling, Newman, Cotchin, Cousins & Deledio.
IMO we are really starting to spread the ball well from defence and this has been the most marked improvement so far for me this year.
I have seen some clearance sequences from the back half this year that I haven't seen from a RFC side in some time.
Sure it hasn't gone entirely smoothly but I can see what he's trying to do. Can appear excruciating at times but he's rotating quite a few through there to see who fits best going forward. It won't happen overnight..

Smart move IMO to focus on this area first when you consider the run & carry from defence of the better sides in the comp such as:
Sydney (Malceski, Kennelly, Mattner, Shaw)
Bullies (Griffen, Hargrave, Gilbee, Harbrow)
St Kilda (Goddard, Gram, Gilbert, Fisher)
Pies (Shaw, OBrien, Johnson,

That's one part of it and a key one at that.

The midfield is taking shape too. We have been quite competitive against other sides this year at the clearances.
Martin is a revelation & Foley's return will help enormously.
Still need more quality in there and hopefully we pick up another tough skilled mid a pick 4 this year.
Cotchin is getting plenty of game time in there which will stand him in good stead but we need more depth of quality to improve.
We need more skill and we need more hurt factor from our mids. The likes of Tuck & Jackson will hopefully be squeezed out sooner rather than later.

Dimma's next focus will be on finding quality tall forwards.
Astbury and Griffiths are a big part of this plan but obviously neither are established as of yet.
Riewoldt is carrying a big load and doing well but needs help.
My opinion is we need to take another quality tall forward this year.

There's still a heap of holes across the paddock that need to be patched but that's expected.

Our biggest weakness that I can see currently is clearly the ruck and I'd expect the club will be thinking of going to market for an established one.
Who that might be I don't know but right now it's killing us not having a quality ruckman or two.

Happy with what I have seen from Dimma so far.
I'll mark him harder in two years.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #463 on: May 02, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »

Yeah then you would swap Nights for someone else... ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: May 02, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »
Your unbelievable Jack you are the cheapest flog running around here.

Taking pot shots at Hardwick with the list he has; unbelievable