Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 233900 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: the footy show
« Reply #495 on: June 17, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »
Health scare at Brisbane ????

Well they had better forfeit then, we don't wan't our boys catching it.. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #496 on: June 17, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »
Hutchy said the 3rd party deal involves former Brisbane general manager Graeme Allen and Brown and Black at the Lions. Some transactions with the Bank of Queensland are being investigated by the AFL.

Craig Brittain has developed a serious staf infection and may even lose his leg  :(. He claims he caught the infection at the 'Gabba due to working in an unsafe environment. The Lions claim the infection came from some surgery from a pre-existing condition Brittain had.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:12:25 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:45 PM »
Hutchy said the 3rd party deal involves former Brisbane general manager Graeme Allen and Brown and Black at the Lions. Some transactions with the Bank of Queensland are being investigated by the AFL.

Wayne Brittain has developed a serious staf infection and may even lose his leg  :(. He claims he caught the infection at the 'Gabba due to working in an unsafe environment. The Lions claim the infection came from some surgery from a pre-existing condition Brittain had.

Gee thats really bad news for Brittain!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #498 on: June 18, 2010, 01:09:22 AM »
It was Craig Brittain, not Wayne

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #499 on: June 18, 2010, 04:13:31 AM »
It was Craig Brittain, not Wayne
Oops force of habit  :-[. You're right Infamy it was Craig Brittain. Initial post edited.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #500 on: June 18, 2010, 09:21:56 AM »
The Pim Verbeek sketch to open the show was without doubt the unfunniest thing i've ever seen on TV.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: June 18, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
The Pim Verbeek sketch to open the show was without doubt the unfunniest thing i've ever seen on TV.

anyone got footage of that or know where you can see it again.

I heard it was a pee-er.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: June 18, 2010, 08:21:59 PM »
Generally flick to the Footy Show when ads on other stations.

Tim Cleary is the producer and has have either the most low class idea of entertainment or the lowest opinion of what viewers want since he is the arbiter and intigator for a lot of the content.

Among the usual tacky racist, sexist, homophobic, jealous and bullying crap I saw last night the RFC copped another low class shot.

Brain-dead Billy put up some dressing room footage of Dan Jackson talking to a woman and then turning and showing paper stuck to the butt of his shorts. Brain-dead said that Dan was so busy chatting up the woman that he didn't realise he had embarrassed himself with toilet paper hanging from his shorts.

Two points Cleary and Brain-dead
1) the woman he was "chatting up" was Richmond Media Manager, Judith Donelly.
2) the "toilet paper" was actually the discarded plastic film from the adhesive sides of an Elastoplast bandage.

I guess it's not so funny when a player in the dressing room talks to a club official and has a bit of discarded strapping stuck to his body.

Would also like to know why the spy cameras are being used to ridicule and humiliate our players.
- Cousins being forced to apologise for flipping the bird at the spy camera two hours before the game.
- Roberts being shown hungrily eating food in the rooms after being concussed.
- Riewoldt being shown ignoring the coaches instructions in the rooms.

I cannot understand how the AFLPA and our club can put up with this use of spy cameras in private areas to humiliate our club, its staff and players. I understand that AFL executives like Dimwit and Airhead don't give a stuff about player privacy but the shot from the Brisbane rooms of a trainer handing out "No Doze" tablets to players is not the best look for a professional sport but understandable given the leeway the broadcasters have been given and are taking. Must be an Australian thing cos I don't see it at the World Cup, NBA play-offs, ML baseball, French/Wimbledon grand slams or Masters Golf championships.     

Ramps

« Reply #503 on: June 18, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
- Roberts being shown hungrily eating food in the rooms after being concussed.

lol

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #504 on: June 19, 2010, 11:18:06 AM »
Generally flick to the Footy Show when ads on other stations.

Tim Cleary is the producer and has have either the most low class idea of entertainment or the lowest opinion of what viewers want since he is the arbiter and intigator for a lot of the content.

Among the usual tacky racist, sexist, homophobic, jealous and bullying crap I saw last night the RFC copped another low class shot.

Brain-dead Billy put up some dressing room footage of Dan Jackson talking to a woman and then turning and showing paper stuck to the butt of his shorts. Brain-dead said that Dan was so busy chatting up the woman that he didn't realise he had embarrassed himself with toilet paper hanging from his shorts.

Two points Cleary and Brain-dead
1) the woman he was "chatting up" was Richmond Media Manager, Judith Donelly.
2) the "toilet paper" was actually the discarded plastic film from the adhesive sides of an Elastoplast bandage.

I guess it's not so funny when a player in the dressing room talks to a club official and has a bit of discarded strapping stuck to his body.

They've been waiting for any chance at all to have a go at DJ since he pointed out in his article in the Age that they deliberately set out to make footballers look unintelligent.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #505 on: July 08, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »
I wonder what Hutchy/Barrett will say about Cuz tonight  ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cousins won't get a contract extension: Barrett on the Footy Show
« Reply #506 on: July 08, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »
Barrett's spiel on Cuz tonight...

* Club ready to move on without Cousins. Not just from this week but next year as well. Cousins may come back into the side next week against North but won't get an extension beyond this year. AFL quietly wanting that to happen.

* 4 different substances found in his system. One an anti-anxiety medication. Ben became quite aggressive at hospital when he woke out of the coma and was then sedated. Unusual for someone to be in intensive care on day and discharged the next. Doctors didn't recommend it.

* Ben has 3 doctors. Annoyance with some [didn't say who] of the prescriptions he's been given.

* No-doz? was once a banned substance in 2004. WADA reviewing it again. Some clubs have 50% of their players using caffeine tablets.

In other news:
Boak is going to stay at Port Adelaide.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cousins won't get a contract extension: Barrett on the Footy Show
« Reply #507 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:29 PM »
* 4 different substances found in his system. One an anti-anxiety medication. Ben became quite aggressive at hospital when he woke out of the coma and was then sedated. Unusual for someone to be in intensive care on day and discharged the next. Doctors didn't recommend it.
So much for medical records being private. Serious questions need to be asked on how this infomation was leaked to the press. A lawsuit on the hospital would be a good start.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #508 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »
Barrett's spiel on Cuz tonight...

* Club ready to move on without Cousins. Not just from this week but next year as well. Cousins may come back into the side next week against North but won't get an extension beyond this year. AFL quietly wanting that to happen.

* Ben has 3 doctors. Annoyance with some [didn't say who] of the prescriptions he's been given.

Hutchy and mini-me continuing their private vendetta against Cousins  :sleep. I didn't realise Barrett was a doctor at the Epworth treating Ben in the ICU ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #509 on: July 08, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
I didn't realise Barrett was a doctor at the Epworth treating Ben in the ICU ::).
He managed to fit in treating Ben between making Richmond's list management decisions.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott