Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 233904 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: the footy show
« Reply #1155 on: September 19, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
I don't understand what "very close to signing" means?

What happened?
I will tell you.  The club reached an agreement with Martin last week.  They upped their offer fro $550k to $580K to get this agreement. Then at the last minute Carr comes back and asks for $650K. That request broke Richmond.  They said enough is enough.
They then came out on Monday and said their bit about letting him look at other clubs....

Ok?

Don't agree with your numbers but the rest of it is pretty much spot on.

Martin's old man had on his sons behalf agreed to the RFC offer, told club manager would do the final detail. Sunday it all turned to pooh
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #1156 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:54 PM »
Your numbers are off.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1157 on: September 19, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
gee this ralph carr has got some bad press right across the footy community,its going to do wonders for his future prospects in football

Actually I reckon the most damning thing regarding Carr is in the article by Tredrea. He said 12 months ago Carr had 12 AFL clients now he only has 4. Think that speaks volumes I reckon

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1158 on: September 19, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
gee this ralph carr has got some bad press right across the footy community,its going to do wonders for his future prospects in football

Actually I reckon the most damning thing regarding Carr is in the article by Tredrea. He said 12 months ago Carr had 12 AFL clients now he only has 4. Think that speaks volumes I reckon
Next year may only be 1, wouldn't be surprised if it was Martin  :rollin

Gigantor

« Reply #1159 on: September 19, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
I guess all the smart ones left him

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1160 on: September 19, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »

Nah Cloke won't flick him

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1161 on: September 19, 2013, 10:26:07 PM »

Exactly Cloke is even dumber than Dusty.
Is there a dumber footballer in the league. Thinks like a moron, talks like a moron.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1162 on: September 19, 2013, 10:27:57 PM »

Is there a dumber footballer in the league. Thinks like a moron, talks like a moron.

Is a moron  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1163 on: September 19, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »

Is a moron  :thumbsup

Having watched the Mike Sheahan doco the lost years David Cloke doesn't sound too sharp either.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1164 on: September 20, 2013, 05:35:18 AM »
Anyone heard of the product "Mikes Lemonade"?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1165 on: September 20, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
L Hansen is not bright (norf)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1166 on: September 20, 2013, 11:55:34 AM »
yep. There are probably only 3 people in the football world, besides himself, that think Carr is not doing the wrong thing by dusty.

It is very unlikely that any existing player would consider changing managers for him, and i doubt there are any parents of potential draftees that would want him to manage their son if they are drafted.

greasy little turd can eat poo and die
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #1167 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:58 PM »
yep. There are probably only 3 people in the football world, besides himself, that think Carr is not doing the wrong thing by dusty.

It is very unlikely that any existing player would consider changing managers for him, and i doubt there are any parents of potential draftees that would want him to manage their son if they are drafted.

You get the feeling that the clubs, and other managers, want Carr out of the industry. I think that is why everyone is getting behind Richmond, not because they actually give a crap if Martin stays.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1168 on: September 20, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »

>:(

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1169 on: September 20, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »

You get the feeling that the clubs, and other managers, want Carr out of the industry. I think that is why everyone is getting behind Richmond, not because they actually give a crap if Martin stays.
yeah, i reckon you may right.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI