Author Topic: Team for Round 8  (Read 2956 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Team for Round 8
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »
Good to see Lids playing forward

Life goes on

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 08:02:38 PM »
The Hughes ommission is a shocking decision. The coaching panel deserve what they get with decisions like that.

One word

DISGRACEFUL. ::)

they must think playing chf in the worst team in the competition is an easy job. the kid is stiff, hes kicked 3 goals a game- twice in the last 3. Anyway, what do i know Im just a supporter  ;D

And that is why we are on the bottom my friend, POOR DECISIONS!
And Chris Hyde still gets a game

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 08:13:15 PM »
And Chris Hyde still gets a game

trying to boost his value perhaps Jackie  :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Life goes on

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 08:25:18 PM »
what from 2 cents to 3 cents ::)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »
Cleve is very stiff. One bad game and he's out.

Happy with most of the ins. More pace and skill with Tambo and Edwards. Danny needs to apply himself and keep presenting like he does at Coburg. Good to see Thursty back although he hasn't played much footy.

Jacko can only be in for a tagging role. Must be his last chance.

Jack is an emergency.

yeha..cleve very stiff....reckon like someone said..weather may play a part.
also..i guess it prevents cleve from having a blinder this week....since jack is definitely gonna come in next week, we know that...i guess it saves the embarrassment later of having to drop cleve in case he kicks like 8 this week...hahahah....

but yeah..still reckon jack, cleve, sarge and richo can all play together in the 1 team..no probs

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 09:07:53 PM »
William Powell,

Who do you consider the lucky senior players given we haven't many?

I think Chris Hyde is one very very lucky camper - tiger

And to a lesser extent Shane Tuck - I know he gets it but his turnovers are costly

agree ... that is soooooo true and this has been happening for years ...

hyde shouldn't be in the team ...

white is stiff ... only had 1 match ...

Oakley needs to get the footy more and eat more food !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers shuffle pack
18 May 2007   Herald-Sun
Michael Horan

RICHMOND continues to put solid VFL form ahead of reputations, bringing five players into the side to meet Adelaide at AAMI Stadium tonight.

The Tigers welcome defender Will Thursfield back to the top level after four games with Coburg since coming back from a knee reconstruction, while Richard Tambling returns after missing a week with a shoulder injury.

Daniel Jackson and Danny Meyer are recalled after being dropped to the VFL last week, while Shane Edwards was also promoted as the Tigers bid to find their first win of the season.

"We just can't keep ignoring the good form at Coburg," Tigers football operations manager Paul Armstrong said last night.

"They're all picked on form. It looks a lot, five changes, but if they're playing well at that level, they deserve to come up. And if you're not going well in the seniors, then you go back.

"We had six players last week who had 18 kicks between them. You can't ignore that."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21751613%255E19771,00.html

Tigers' young hopes sacrificed in push for consistency
Len Johnson | May 18, 2007 | The Age

RICHMOND spun the wheel at selection for tonight's away match against Adelaide, making five unforced changes as it shuffled the younger brigade.

Daniel Jackson, Danny Meyer, Shane Edwards, Richard Tambling and Will Thursfield were included in the line-up to play the Tigers' second night game in Adelaide in six days; Andrew Krakouer, Matt White, Jarred Oakley-Nicholls, Cleve Hughes and Luke McGuane were axed. All are in the 19-21 age bracket, save for Krakouer, who is 24.

Richmond football operations manager Paul Armstrong said the changes reflected the fact that young players sometimes struggled for consistency. "Young boys, when they're not winning, their form fluctuates a bit," he said from Adelaide last night.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/tiger-cubs-shuffled/2007/05/17/1178995325360.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond changes "based on form" (AAP)
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 02:59:28 PM »
Richmond changes "based on form"
By Jason Phelan, 
AAP

On the surface, making so many changes would seem to endanger team stability, but Wallace disagreed, vowing to keep searching for the right formula.

"We had a few young players who came over here last weekend who were not really up to a competitive state," Wallace said.

"I think we had something like six players with 18 kicks between them; our side back at Coburg are winning games and so we'll keep rotating guys until we can get guys who can really step up to the level."

The Tigers’ general manager of football operations, Paul Armstrong, echoed those sentiments and even felt the high turnover of players could prove to be a positive for the side as it heads straight back to Adelaide to take on the Crows on Friday.

“I don’t think it’ll count against us because we’ve had six days between two interstate trips and it may well help us to inject a bit of youth and speed into the side,” Armstrong said.

“There was no discussion about how many changes we’d made the week before, it was simply based on who was in form, and if you’re in form you’ll be given the opportunity and if you’re not you’ll have to go and find the form at the next level.

“When you get the opportunity you’ve got to perform and if you don’t and guys are putting on pressure beneath you then they’re going to get their opportunity.

“The players know exactly where it sits and they know they’ll be selected on merit which is a good thing.”

Armstrong was particularly pleased to welcome back Thursfield who will play his first game at AFL level in more than a year after he underwent a knee reconstruction early in 2006.

He also gave speedster Richard Tambling a clean bill of health following a shoulder injury suffered during the 157-point loss to Geelong.

“He was really keen to play last week and it was touch-and-go whether he’d come up or not, but we just erred on the side of

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=43381