Author Topic: How excited are you about the Tiges in 2009?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How excited are you about the Tiges in 2009?
« on: December 24, 2008, 03:04:40 PM »
Now our playing list is finalised and we've had a over week or so to let the Cousins drama and all sink in, how excited are you about how the Tiges will go in 2009?

ps. this is our thoughts at this time last year
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=6321.0

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How excited are you about the Tiges in 2009?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
Quietly optimistic, a good run with injuries to key players would be handy.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

bushranger

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 05:32:19 PM »
I'm a little more than proud to say that I'm apart of the Tigers and I wear my cap everywhere I go and get nod and yell at with Go the  Tige's.
So we have a lot of support. And no matter what is in store for us in 09 I will be happy.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 05:50:49 PM »
Its amazing how Ben Cousins has not only piqued my excitement but also that of non-tiger fans. Richmond has garnered a fair bit of support from people hoping Cuz does well, i think we can cause some real carnage next season. I spent an and a half watching youtube clips of anything from the grog squad to richo highlights! Im pumped!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »
Expecting Big things, a finals cert - Will be doing 1 trip to Carrara and saving my pennies for finals whether we go interstate or not.
Not ashamed to admit footy has been a big part of my life and even though the game has changed, for the Tigers to be a force again would be my dreams come true.

On Cuz !

I was anyway, but now even more hangin out for round 1 BIG TIME.

Wallace if your'e listenening Cousins has to go with Judd  :shh

:santa

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
Very excited as usual, this time maybe with some justification!!!! :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 09:20:07 PM »
Usually I am quietly optimistic about the tiges every year, but this year seeing Lids have a stellar season, Cotch with a year under his belt and a great finish to 2008 I have been a bit more vocal then usual about our chances next year.

Then we drafted Cuz who I didnt want at first but have warmed to big time and I am very

EXCITED

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 07:33:32 PM »
Looking forward to 2009 very much indeed

Not thinking premierships just would like to make the finals ....

Just really looking forward to the ride

And yeah...........

:gotigers

:clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »
I'm excited about 2009 and am expecting big things from our young brigade. Cousins is just a bonus, the cherry on the cake, but it will be from the gradual development of our list that we will see the biggest improvement from.

The midfield looks fantastic with depth which has not been seen about the club for decades. Our backline looks equally as exciting but our forwardline still remains questionable. The biggest factor which may create a hiccup is if Simmonds is injuried. We still do not have anyone who could step in he fails.

Otherwise I can not see how we can not have a great season.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »
Quietly optimistic as well as hoping for a mainly injury-free season  :pray.

;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 07:08:09 AM »
I have literally never been more excited looking forward to a season. Look at the list. Brown is a great forward. Richo is the King. We have a new skipper. Look at the midfield. Foley who is superb, the underrated Tuck. Deledio already a frontline superstar, Cotchin on the way to being the same. Cousins another star with real magnetism. Hopefully Cleve steps up to the mark.

Superstars in an eyecatching list is exactly what Richmond is about and we have stars aplenty now..

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »
I have literally never been more excited looking forward to a season. Look at the list. Brown is a great forward. Richo is the King. We have a new skipper. Look at the midfield. Foley who is superb, the underrated Tuck. Deledio already a frontline superstar, Cotchin on the way to being the same. Cousins another star with real magnetism. Hopefully Cleve steps up to the mark.

Superstars in an eyecatching list is exactly what Richmond is about and we have stars aplenty now..

I must admit, Brown/Richo/Cousins are champions of the game Bowden/Simmonds/Johnston are very good players and Foley/Lids/Cotchin are in the top shelf of emerging young talent in the game.

On paper, it looks very, very impressive.

BUT!!!

Are the champs too old and the youth too young?  $64?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 11:18:10 AM »
I was reading the 2007 Annual Report last night, in particular the Coaches Report. Terry said that you only require 6-8 players to to take a big step up to make the leap into the top half of the ladder.

You'd expect improvement from the youngsters (Riewoldt, Cotchin, Rance, Connors) but it's the 22-24 years olds that have to really lift us. Like Sewell and Bateman from the Hawks who have hit that peak age and are 'important players' (more good games than bad, with the odd blinder) now, we need this from Tambling, Patto, Jackson, Schulz, Thursfield, McGuane, Hughes and Polo.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »
I would have said that Will and Luke have already taken a big step up. Slow and steady improvement from here for those 2.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:39:17 PM »
I was reading the 2007 Annual Report last night, in particular the Coaches Report. Terry said that you only require 6-8 players to to take a big step up to make the leap into the top half of the ladder.

You'd expect improvement from the youngsters (Riewoldt, Cotchin, Rance, Connors) but it's the 22-24 years olds that have to really lift us. Like Sewell and Bateman from the Hawks who have hit that peak age and are 'important players' (more good games than bad, with the odd blinder) now, we need this from Tambling, Patto, Jackson, Schulz, Thursfield, McGuane, Hughes and Polo.

That is spot on but I do think we need good seasons from Brown, Cuz, Richo and Simmonds as well.
It's that simple Spud