Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 413234 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
sounded like furious salami slappin for mine but that's just speculation
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
sounded like furious salami slappin for mine but that's just speculation
  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Boomer Harvey on Future Stars had us needing to give up our first round pick + Miles, Lloyd & Bolton in exchange for Lynch.

Richmond - 1st round pick, Miles, Lloyd & Bolton.

Coll'wood - 1st round pick & Darcy Moore.

Hawthorn - 1st round pick, Burton & Schoenmakers.

Harvey added that the Hawks was the better deal for Gold Coast.

dwaino

Trading for him kind of defeats why the clubs want him as a free agent. I can't see any of the clubs wanting to trade for him. Pick 3 is also better than pick 18 and they could get Miles and Lloyd for free.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Trading for him would be idiotic. Balmey wouldn't wear it anyway..... :shh
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:43:42 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Trading for him kind of defeats why the clubs want him as a free agent. I can't see any of the clubs wanting to trade for him. Pick 3 is also better than pick 18 and they could get Miles and Lloyd for free.

Harvey has had too many head knocks. Pick 3 is better than any of those options he lists, by a considerable measure.

And the Suns are not going to look for a trade. They risk getting a lot less for him.

Jackstar is back!!!

Boomer Harvey on Future Stars had us needing to give up our first round pick + Miles, Lloyd & Bolton in exchange for Lynch.

Richmond - 1st round pick, Miles, Lloyd & Bolton.

Coll'wood - 1st round pick & Darcy Moore.

Hawthorn - 1st round pick, Burton & Schoenmakers.

Harvey added that the Hawks was the better deal for Gold Coast.

Absolute garbage
Gold Coast happy with Compensation pick no 3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Could bringing in Tom Lynch backfire on Richmond? (Age podcast)
« Reply #682 on: August 13, 2018, 08:11:21 PM »
Could bringing in Tom Lynch backfire on Richmond?

The Age
13 August 2018 — 5:11pm

This season has been Jack Riewoldt's most consistent ever - which makes the talk about Tom Lynch's potential move to Richmond all the more interesting.

The wantaway Suns forward would be on more money than Riewoldt, who will be 30, and would essentially be playing Riewoldt's position.

This week on The Age Real Footy Podcast, Michael Gleeson, Jake Niall, Caroline Wilson and Bob Murphy discuss the potential negative implications of bringing Lynch to the Tigers in 2019.

https://www.theage.com.au/podcast/the-age-real-footy-podcast/could-bringing-in-tom-lynch-backfire-on-richmond-20180813-p4zx93.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Our old mate Bo claiming on Big Footy he has mail that Lynch is definitely coming to Richmond.

So I think we can now confirm that he isn't.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Bojangleburg  :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Is he reliable tho ?.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Could bringing in Tom Lynch backfire on Richmond? (Age podcast)
« Reply #686 on: August 14, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »
Could bringing in Tom Lynch backfire on Richmond?

The Age
13 August 2018 — 5:11pm

This season has been Jack Riewoldt's most consistent ever - which makes the talk about Tom Lynch's potential move to Richmond all the more interesting.

The wantaway Suns forward would be on more money than Riewoldt, who will be 30, and would essentially be playing Riewoldt's position.

This week on The Age Real Footy Podcast, Michael Gleeson, Jake Niall, Caroline Wilson and Bob Murphy discuss the potential negative implications of bringing Lynch to the Tigers in 2019.

https://www.theage.com.au/podcast/the-age-real-footy-podcast/could-bringing-in-tom-lynch-backfire-on-richmond-20180813-p4zx93.html

It will not backfire.

Watched the GWS game live and Jack twice led out and marked about 60m out from goal. He waited and waited for an open option but GWS had everything covered. If Lynch was there Jack kicks it to him.

Getting Lynch (or another good tall) will make us more potent in attack.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
- Consider Tom Lynch all but a Richmond player...meaning Collingwood now has other irons in the fire.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/brad-hardie-andrew-gaff-in-crosshairs-for-wooshas-bombers-ng-b88927628z

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Brad Hardie doesn't get much wrong...  :shh

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigercast

• Future Richmond star
I received some new mail this morning which matches up to what T71 has been saying all along, see below:

Tom Lynch update from another source:

"Have some more mail for you. Pies gut feel is Lynch is going to the Tigers. If the Pies miss him they are going to throw the kitchen sink at peter Wright. Mail is from a rival player manager who just had a meeting with the Pies"

And i received a seperate message from someone else with contacts who still maintains that Prestias dad who does some work down at the markets has been telling people Tom has been texting Dion that he cant wait to play for the tigers etc.

all getting very interesting!

the fact there has been no media noise around this for nearly a week now (in comparison to previous weeks) to me strongly suggests the Pies are gone and we are just doing our thing in the background.

I personally still feel like Hawks might be a risk, but when there are multiple sources hearing the same or similiar info its hard to ignore!