Author Topic: The Tigers' eight divide  (Read 908 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tigers' eight divide
« on: June 13, 2005, 04:53:12 AM »
The Tigers' eight divide
13 June 2005   
Herald Sun

DESPITE sitting fifth on the ladder after 12 matches, Richmond has not defeated any of the other teams in the top eight.

The Tigers' seven wins have been against Port Adelaide (ninth), Brisbane Lions (10th), Western Bulldogs (11th), Fremantle (12th), Collingwood (13th), Hawthorn (15th) and Carlton (16th).

The Tigers' five losses have been at the hands of West Coast (first), Geelong (second), Melbourne (third), Kangaroos (seventh) and St Kilda (eighth).

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,15592867%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: The Tigers' eight divide
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 05:14:35 AM »
As ladder positions change every week and sides drop in and out of the top 8 that's a pretty pointless stat.

Going by that article we'll win 6 more game and play finals. I'd take that now if offered after yesterday's inept display.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 05:16:24 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 03:27:17 PM »
As ladder positions change every week and sides drop in and out of the top 8 that's a pretty pointless stat.

Going by that article we'll win 6 more game and play finals. I'd take that now if offered after yesterday's inept display.  

Was thinking exactly the same thing MT when I read this. Most journos haven't yet written off Port, Brisbane, Pies and Freo, all sides which we've beaten. I note they only bring it up when the makeup of the current 8 fits their argument.

Also can't believe that the Pies are $21 for the flag and we're $51..not that I give either side any chance of winning it. The Pies are 3 games and a heap of % behind us even if current form says they're playing slightly better.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 04:04:47 PM »
Also can't believe that the Pies are $21 for the flag and we're $51..not that I give either side any chance of winning it. The Pies are 3 games and a heap of % behind us even if current form says they're playing slightly better.

Pies are always overvalued in betting markets as their supporters think the Pies are better than they are and are stupid enough to put money on it. Every Bookie must love getting a phone call from a Pies fan - "Here comes another sucker!"  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd