Author Topic: Houli reported; suspension doubled from 2 to 4 weeks after AFL appeal [updated]  (Read 13430 times)

Ruanaidh

"Looking at cotch not Lamb"

https://twitter.com/deathwish5666/status/880340978963324929
Just before that mysterious 'wind of Allah' (insert picture of Mohammed here) lifted his arm involuntarily and swung it to strike the infidel and non halal Lamb.  ::)

Let it go,  he still got off light.

Your boring references to religion render your posts as completely irrelevance
Yet you raised an irrelevent post citing 'Muslims' on Ivan's thread - hypocritical and indicative of poor peripheral, synapse development ....and, at the end of this season I will be taking another sabbatical (pun intended) so you can 'free range' here without having your troubled mind assailed by reality......shalom (inference intended)

"like shooting fish in a barrel"

Late edit: And it is not a 'religion'! It is a Politically Ideological 'wolf' wrapped in religious 'sheep' clothing.

Late, late edit: Sabbatical starts now (from the footy threads). Balme, when discussing Houli said His 'Academy' has "nothing to do with politics". What an ignoramous. I'm done with this poohouse. Mark my words: This club will be destroyed by its link to Islam.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:22:45 AM by Ruanaidh »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Houli reported - What will the MRP say?
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »
Hope he gets 6 weeks na stuff it the rest of the yr, Only way to get rid of this joker it seems.

LOL I suppose 4 is better than two.

tony_montana

I just heard Gillon On SEN earlier this morning mention the houli incident saying it was one of those careless situations that happen and it won't tarnish his reputation.

So what is it AFL, careless or intentional bc your mob classed it as intentional. It's a ducking circus.

I don't

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
I just heard Gillon On SEN earlier this morning mention the houli incident saying it was one of those careless situations that happen and it won't tarnish his reputation.

So what is it AFL, careless or intentional bc your mob classed it as intentional. It's a ducking circus.

I don't

exactly.

WP comments spot on

If Houli was a brisbane lions player they wouldnt have appealed. This is RFC and we sell papers so yeah lets make ourselves look like heroes by appealing but not the other ones.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
"were happy to move on" 

Weak as pee our club is, no statement from Peggy or Benny making it clear the process was a joke and the treatment of the club and Bachar completely unreasonable.

No wonder our players have a history of rolling over when the heat is on.  Just replicating management

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
"were happy to move on" 

Weak as pee our club is, no statement from Peggy or Benny making it clear the process was a joke and the treatment of the club and Bachar completely unreasonable.

No wonder our players have a history of rolling over when the heat is on.  Just replicating management
replicating management and the coach.
I wonder if Dudwick will try and call off the game this week.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Watching Dees vs Swans, very interesting to see how they handle the Bugg hit on Mills. Looks like he is out the game under concussion rule, has to compare to the Houli hit.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Watching Dees vs Swans, very interesting to see how they handle the Bugg hit on Mills. Looks like he is out the game under concussion rule, has to compare to the Houli hit.

its bloody worse. Intent was definately there and he has form

He was next to him not behind him when he wacked him.

he should get 6 weeks with a bad record but the wankers will either give him 4 or less, proving what a joke they are.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
He should get 8!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Bugg hit much worse than the Houli incident...by a long way

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:12:29 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Some moron from the AFL said that this won't affect his outstanding record as a citizen. PC much? Excuse me while I spew the stuff up.

Deserved four. Should have gotten three.

Tribunal were too PC.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Time to move on from Bachar ban, say Tigers

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says the Tigers have moved on from the Bachar Houli suspension drama to focus on their clash with Port Adelaide.

The AFL appeals board on Thursday night doubled the ban on the defender to four weeks for his heavy hit on Carlton's Jed Lamb, but Hardwick said it hadn't affected their preparation for Saturday night's match in Adelaide.

"We knew that he was going to be suspended, so we've moved on and are glad it's been resolved," Hardwick said.

"We're glad Jed's OK and is making a good recovery by all accounts, and Bachar's accepted responsibility, so as a club we move on pretty quickly."

Hardwick wouldn't comment on the penalty, but did say he would have preferred a more streamlined process.

"The reality is that it is what it is and I can't control it," Hardwick said.

"We're happy with the way it eventuated and we just want to move on and play some footy."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-30/time-to-move-on-from-bachar-ban-say-tigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Port Adelaide’s Ollie Wines backs AFL decision to appeal Richmond player Bachar Houli’s suspension
Warren Partland,
The Advertiser
June 30, 2017

Port Adelaide onballer Ollie Wines has backed the AFL’s decision to challenge the initial two-games suspension slapped on Richmond’s Bachar Houli, but still believes the defender got off lightly, despite his ban being doubled.

Speaking on radio station FIVEaa, Wines said Houli had been lucky to get four games considering the Power’s Tom Jonas had been hit with a six-match ban for a late hit on West Coast’s Andrew Gaff last year.

Wines admitted he was a little confused by the lack of consistency in the AFL’s decisions.

The AFL claimed Houli’s two-week penalty for striking Carlton’s Jed Lamb, knocking him out, was manifestly inadequate and appealed the decision.

“I’m not sure what’s going on with the tribunal at this stage, week to week the results have varied at what they giving,” Wines said.

“Obviously two weeks for knocking someone out, obviously he was not trying to knock him out, but it was an intentional action.

“You have got to get more than two and it was only fair the AFL should challenge it. He was lucky to only get four (games).”

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-adelaides-ollie-wines-backs-afl-decision-to-appeal-richmond-player-bachar-houlis-suspension/news-story/41b18b36e51375ae043e0bbe1d69d8bb

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

its bloody worse. Intent was definately there and he has form

He was next to him not behind him when he wacked him.

he should get 6 weeks with a bad record but the wankers will either give him 4 or less, proving what a joke they are.

VIDEO of Bugg's punch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQRBe3AXkU

That's much worse than Houli's as Bugg was facing Mills and deliberately aimed and connected with Mills' jaw. Barry Hall got 7 weeks for that similar infamous punch on Staker.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Both incidents are a bad look for footy.
But I personally don't think one is any worse than the other. If I was to class them interms of damage done to the players involved I'd say Houli's is the worst of the two.

This crap about whether he was in front of him or beside him when the actions happened is irrelevant. Both players INTENTIONALLY through a punch/back hand punch and both should go for weeks.

In both incidents the results are the same with players not taking any more part in the game, although we will not know if Mills plays this week untill teams are selected later this week Lamb is missing this week.

Both action are as weak as p1ss imo but what has aggravated me about the Houli action is people want to somehow try and defend it with crap about inconsistency. I couldn't give a poo about who got what in the past this needed to be about this incident and the right outcome.
And the same with the Bugg incident this week.