Author Topic: Houli reported; suspension doubled from 2 to 4 weeks after AFL appeal [updated]  (Read 13423 times)

tony_montana

Bugg was worse imo, blatantly and intentionally putting one on someones chin is the worst look you can get for the sport. Will cop 5 or 6

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Bugg was worse imo, blatantly and intentionally putting one on someones chin is the worst look you can get for the sport. Will cop 5 or 6
Yep.

Houli's was bad but when you blatantly punch someone in the face in a calculated fashion and he is taken out of the game it is much worse than a reckless throwing of the arm back that unfortunately lands on your opponents face and takes him out. Both have the same outcome sure but one has 100% intent to hit the head and the other has only 100% intent to hit the players arm/body but carelessly hits the head. It's the difference in legal terms between murder and manslaughter where in both someone is killed but ones actions but in the former there was intent to kill (hit in the head) but in the latter the intent was not to kill (hit the player but the head was unfortunately hit).

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Agree, but once again, he was intimidated/provoked.
Saying that, look at Rances first quarter, he should be knighted
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:08:40 PM by MintOnLamb »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Yep.

Houli's was bad but when you blatantly punch someone in the face in a calculated fashion and he is taken out of the game it is much worse than a reckless throwing of the arm back that unfortunately lands on your opponents face and takes him out. Both have the same outcome sure but one has 100% intent to hit the head and the other has only 100% intent to hit the players arm/body but carelessly hits the head. It's the difference in legal terms between murder and manslaughter where in both someone is killed but ones actions but in the former there was intent to kill (hit in the head) but in the latter the intent was not to kill (hit the player but the head was unfortunately hit).

I'm not so sure.Houli turned his head around, looked at the bloke and smash him in the stuffing jaw with his forearm.

I'm fine with that so long as you're man enough to face the music without calling in the PM and a token Muslim, would be politician, journalist to gve character reference.

We won't even bother with the third turd, the afl diversity manager (Muslim) who bashes blokes.

Should have been given 4 weeks reduced to 3 ...but the afl media department would have advised the tribunal of their imbecilic, political concerns.

It was a dog act and it brought three dogs out to play.

Caracella and Balmey.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Houli had turned his head to look at Cotch...get with the program.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Houli had turned his head to look at Cotch...get with the program.

Yeh, ok.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

I'm fine with that so long as you're man enough to face the music without calling in the PM and a token Muslim, would be politician, journalist to gve character reference.

In fairness Ox, he didn't call in the PM

His advocate (lawyer) presented (used) comments made at press conference the day before by the PM, there was no written reference.

What's actaully amusing is the PAM'S office wasn't happy with what the lawyer did. Actually I found it hysterically funny myself
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
GEELONG great Jimmy Bartel admits the Match Review Panel was "pretty disappointed" with the AFL Tribunal's decision to suspend Bachar Houli for two matches last week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-03/mrp-pretty-disappointed-with-tribunals-houli-ban

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
It's been reported that this chap also gave a character reference for Bachar. Is that correct?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-03/afl-diversity-manager-ali-fahour-reported-for-striking/8673898?pfmredir=sm
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dougeytherichmondfan

I have heard that as well. Fairly sure it's correct.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Good one, ladies.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Yep.

I'm not so sure.Houli turned his head around, looked at the bloke and smash him in the stuffing jaw with his forearm.

We won't even bother with the third turd, the afl diversity manager (Muslim) who bashes blokes.
Should have been given 4 weeks reduced to 3 ...but the afl media department would have advised the tribunal of their imbecilic, political concerns.

It was a dog act and it brought three dogs out to play.
Caracella and Balmey.