Author Topic: Hugo Ralphsmith [merged]  (Read 31464 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Hugo Ralphsmith [merged]
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2023, 02:51:06 PM »
Young Richmond defender potentially “up for grabs”

A rival club “could have another look” at the 21-year-old.

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
JULY 19, 2023

Off-contract Richmond defender Hugo Ralphsmith is seen as a potentially gettable trade asset for rival clubs to consider this off-season.

Ralphsmith signed a two-year extension in 2021 as a teenager, having made his debut that season and notched up a further five games in the yellow and black as an exciting dasher out of defence.

The 21-year-old played 13 games last year and has featured in as many matches in 2023, however five have come as the tactical sub.

Ralphsmith was a target for GWS last year as the New South Wales side looked to broker a deal with Richmond over star midfielder Jacob Hopper, who had requested a move to Punt Road at the conclusion of 2022.

Negotiations between the two clubs were drawn out over the Giants' hopes for a better trade package, with both Ralphsmith and Tigers ruckman Ivan Soldo raised as targets for GWS in the trade talks.

Soldo went as far as meeting with the Giants, while the Tigers were quick to shut down any potential move that included Ralphsmith. The Tigers would eventually hand over their 2023 first-round selection and Pick 31, while picks 53 and 63 would land with the Tigers alongside Hopper.

Now off-contract, further clubs could come calling for Ralphsmith, as the East Brighton junior's contract nears its expiry.

Speaking on the Tradies Podcast, AFL reporter Mitch Cleary said Ralphsmith could be "up for grabs" as a potential trade target for rivals.

"Hugo Ralphsmith at Richmond, we thought he was going to be the next big thing off half-back or on the wing, was the sub on the weekend and been in and out of the side," Cleary said.

"The Giants had a look last year given the relationship he had with their new coach Adam Kinglsey. They were told pretty quickly there was nothing to see here. He's now out of contract this year.

"I think he's one up for grabs. Clearly, he hasn't re-signed, so he is. He's one for clubs to discover at the end of the year.

"Who knows, the Giants could have another look given the relationship he's got with their coach who has all of a sudden got his side humming."

https://www.zerohanger.com/young-richmond-defender-potentially-up-for-grabs-afl-trade-news-140032/

A packet of cerispy creams atm if we are lucky.

I would have done Soldo, Ralphsmith and 31 for 34 and  Hopper  in a heart beat, even back then i said similar..

With Nank out it would just mean we continue to play Miller and Ryan in tandem. We would have our first rounder pick 8 atm and pick 26 not a lot of tigers talking about this. The clear question is we should we have done much better and not forsaken the draft.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2023, 08:04:17 PM »

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2023, 08:16:38 PM »
 :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2023, 08:17:07 PM »
"Dasher" a new word for soft useless dud? :facepalm
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2023, 08:18:28 PM »

The more duds we keep for you talk up the merrier. Though clearly we value pace above all else, so I'd be worried about more my own position if I were you... :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2023, 09:22:03 PM »
Must be a priority signing along with Mansell lol.

Sheesh I'd trade him for anything or delist him.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2023, 02:40:56 AM »

The more duds we keep for you talk up the merrier. Though clearly we value pace above all else, so I'd be worried about more my own position if I were you... :shh :shh

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2023, 09:17:24 PM »
TIGER TO STAY

HUGO Ralphsmith is set to remain at Punt Road in 2024.

The 21-year-old has been forced to wait while the Tigers work through their contracts post-season, but the club is finalising a one-year extension.

Ralphsmith played nine games straight in the first half of the season but only added four more appearances after round 12, starting all four games as the sub.

The Haileybury College product has played 32 games since being selected at pick No. 46 in the 2019 AFL Draft.

– Josh Gabelich

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1051952/inside-trading-saints-move-progresses-talks-start-for-sun-freo-ups-ante-for-hawk

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2023, 08:45:06 AM »
In honour of this great news , we at OER, should have a dedicated date to all sleep with our lights on

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: October 13, 2023, 09:52:40 AM »
Deadwood for me better get a kid from the vfl.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: October 13, 2023, 10:09:08 AM »
Bottom dollar deal I hope

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: October 13, 2023, 05:20:37 PM »
In honour of this great news , we at OER, should have a dedicated date to all sleep with our lights on

:lol

Pay that.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2023, 06:09:08 PM »
Last chance saloon
Unleash the tornado

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2023, 08:52:15 PM »
Interesting it hasn't been announced

Waiting for the trade period to end?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2023, 10:51:50 AM »