Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 180697 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #1320 on: October 14, 2015, 10:50:54 PM »

Well considering that we wasted and continue to waste our money on knight, grigg and Hampson I think we should have made more of an effort. Eg replace the idiots that we have in place at the moment doing our deals. Seriously if your treloar armitage don't want a bar of these amateurs what hope is Bennell of listening

And if we'd had taken him and it all turned pear shaped you'd be one of the first people who would jump and down, bag the club taking him on

Facts are our club did their "due diligence" and their were massive alarm bells, not minor concerns, big ones.... we dodged a bullet and Freo & Ross can have him

Club giving up on this bloke was the right call
I disagree.
If we have had brokered the same sort of deal that  Freeo did, even if it didn't work what really would we have lost? Griff standard sort of player. Big deal! With the amount if crap on our list he was definitely worth the rick.
So sick of the RFC's holier than holly attitude. Back your employers in to change the kid around. In saying that, what has he really done that probably 50% of players in the AFL haven't done. He is no Ben  Cousins!!
Makes me sick the flogs running this club. 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1321 on: October 14, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »
 :chuck
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1322 on: October 15, 2015, 12:24:06 AM »
‏@Barrot01 - just a quick message to see if Richmond are still working on a bigger trade?

‏@BrettAndersonIF - Trying but nothing coming up.

@andrewjd84 -  any news on tigers keep hearing a big fish but not seeing anything?

@BrettAndersonIF - Plenty of lines in the water but no bites.

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/with_replies

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1323 on: October 15, 2015, 06:23:49 AM »

Well considering that we wasted and continue to waste our money on knight, grigg and Hampson I think we should have made more of an effort. Eg replace the idiots that we have in place at the moment doing our deals. Seriously if your treloar armitage don't want a bar of these amateurs what hope is Bennell of listening

And if we'd had taken him and it all turned pear shaped you'd be one of the first people who would jump and down, bag the club taking him on

Facts are our club did their "due diligence" and their were massive alarm bells, not minor concerns, big ones.... we dodged a bullet and Freo & Ross can have him

Club giving up on this bloke was the right call
No I wouldn't have. We now need to take risks because maintaining the status quo is clearly not working. We wasted our time with the above names with zero return
Those names were more of a risk because one simply had no talent and the other is a sporting cripple.

I maintain my stance that it's too much of a coincidence now, that  IMO zig Richardson and zag Hartley are really not good at their job and should be stood down after the PSD draft.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1324 on: October 15, 2015, 06:55:23 AM »
I disagree.
If we have had brokered the same sort of deal that  Freeo did, even if it didn't work what really would we have lost? Griff standard sort of player. Big deal! With the amount if crap on our list he was definitely worth the rick.
So sick of the RFC's holier than holly attitude. Back your employers in to change the kid around. In saying that, what has he really done that probably 50% of players in the AFL haven't done. He is no Ben  Cousins!!
Makes me sick the flogs running this club.

I understand your point but...

Some people bag the club for sake of bagging and that's what would have happened in this scenario

as the saying goes

Damned if you do, damned if you don't  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1325 on: October 15, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
Your FOS WP in this instance

Name those people who would have. I am one according to you who are the others?

Who would have bagged the club for giving Bennell a go if it turned south?

Wake the stuff up please
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1326 on: October 15, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
 :dancingpickle :dancingpickle :dancingpickle :dancingpickle :dancingpickle
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1327 on: October 15, 2015, 08:06:31 AM »

Wake the stuff up please
It's easier to answer by listing who wouldn't bag the club

The RCGG.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1328 on: October 15, 2015, 09:20:25 AM »
I'm with Dan here.

The recruiters have not done enough to lure a bloke who never wanted to come here.

Why couldnt they have kidnapped him, plied him full of coke and got a hooker to wrangle out his signature? How hard could it be?

Amateur hour continues at the RFC
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1329 on: October 15, 2015, 10:00:59 AM »
I totally agree with the clubs stance on Bennell and I have said that from the start.

I am also content that the club has done everything they could have done to lure Treloar to the club and that failed.

What I am not content with, not happy with and never will be is the lack of aggressiveness to try and get other players to the club that in all honesty we could do with. Only really being linked to Bennell and Treloar is not good enough, why? Because it was the RFC that came out saying they had the big war chest, they wanted the big fish, they filled a lot of us with false hope and they have done this year after year.

As I said well before trade week, most of the deals were done leading up to this week so it was a formality to dot the I's and cross the T's. So where we in all of that, surely we have known who was going where? Yet the RFC still chose to carry on about luring someone big to the club, only to do a 180 degree turn around and say that they won't be getting a big fish.

So now to save face they are trying to top up with mid to low level players that we already have a enough of. They are also making this Yarran deal very difficult regardless of the games the Blues are playing. Honestly, they had the balls to walk away from the Bennell deal so do the same with the Yarran deal, we cannot accept giving up pick 12.

Honestly RFC don't fill us full of false hope next year during this period.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:43:15 AM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #1330 on: October 15, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
I'm with Dan here.

The recruiters have not done enough to lure a bloke who never wanted to come here.

Why couldnt they have kidnapped him, plied him full of coke and got a hooker to wrangle out his signature? How hard could it be?

why offer boring pee take?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1331 on: October 15, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »

Wake the stuff up please

No need for the agression or absue Angus

Did I name you? No

Do I think you would have? I honestly don't know only you can answer that.

But history shows that there are people on this site who will bag the club and everyone person at the club for whatever they do or don't do

And that was my point

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1332 on: October 15, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
I totally agree with the clubs stance on Bennell and I have said that from the start.

I am also content that the club has done everything they could have done to lure Treloar to the club and that failed.

What I am not content with, not happy with and never will be is the lack of aggressiveness to try and get other players to the club that in all honesty we could do with. Only really being linked to Bennell and Treloar is not good enough, why? Because it was the RFC that came out saying they had the big war chest, they wanted the big fish, they filled a lot of us with false hope and they have done this year after year.

As I said well before trade week, most of the deals were done leading up to this week so it was a formality to dot the I's and cross the T's. So where we in all of that, surely we have known who was going where? Yet the RFC still chose to carry on about luring someone big to the club, only to do a 360 degree turn around and say that they won't be getting a big fish.

So now to save face they are trying to top up with mid to low level players that we already have a enough of. They are also making this Yarran deal very difficult regardless of the games the Blues are playing. Honestly, they had the balls to walk away from the Bennell deal so do the same with the Yarran deal, we cannot accept giving up pick 12.

Honestly RFC don't fill us full of false hope next year during this period.

Excellent post WAT  :clapping

Wel said

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1333 on: October 15, 2015, 10:12:17 AM »
I'm with Dan here.

why offer boring pee take?
Its necessary to remain sane, some of the absolute nonsense that people spout. People furious at themselves for choosing to barrack for the tigers when they actually had no choice (my story) or didn't know anything about the world and liked tigers.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #1334 on: October 15, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »
As I said well before trade week, most of the deals were done leading up to this week so it was a formality to dot the I's and cross the T's.

This is where they are going wrong, crossing the I's and dotting the T's 
But overall a good post and I agree with what you are saying for once.   ;D

only to do a 360 degree turn around and say that they won't be getting a big fish.

Just as a matter of interest though, this is a 180 Deg turn.
A 360 would be them first saying they were, then weren't, to go back to were chasing one.