Author Topic: Aflpa calling for a removal of wada code from football  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Aflpa calling for a removal of wada code from football
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:06:43 PM »
What a hird of morons
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Aflpa calling for a removal of wada code from football
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 12:30:19 PM »
Give me a break. Another weak and useless organization the AFLPA are.

can we now thank the libs for forcing the corrupt afl into signing the wada code?

Could be wrong but i think it was them.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 01:28:27 PM »
Essendon supplements saga: AFLPA chief executive Paul Marsh says 34 past and present Bombers players banned by CAS did nothing wrong

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-12/aflpa-says-banned-bombers-players-did-nothing-wrong/7083494

Marsh fronted the media on Tuesday, declaring his shock at the verdict and warning that there was a "very high" chance of legal action as a result of the decision.

"[We are] shattered for every individual player involved. We have maintained a consistent position that these players did nothing wrong and today's decision does nothing to change our view,' Marsh said...   I'd ask that everyone gives these players some time to grieve," Marsh said

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:22:24 PM »
This is the guy who has been representing the 34?

gee whiz

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »
While they had it coming and they got off light IMHO, the WADA code is really wrong for a team sport, they either need to change it for teams or drop it and sign up to their own version thereof. Which they should NOT police themselves.
ASADA or some other body should, the AFL has shown how corrupt it is.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 11:12:04 PM »
COLLINGWOOD football supremo Neil Balme has called on the AFL to break away from the World Anti-Doping Agency.

The Pies football manager became familiar with the WADA process first hand while dealing with authorities over the Lachie Keeffe and Josh Thomas case.

Now, in response to the mass suspension of 34 past and present Essendon players, Balme has gone public calling for a new process.

"We shouldn't be part of the WADA program, that's my view, of course we shouldn't," Balme told Melbourne radio station SEN.

"If we've ever had to deal with what WADA or ASADA do, it's almost a huge, political thing, that you can’t even fight against."

Balme went on to question the credibility of the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

"Well, who’s CAS?  You reckon they are independent, who appointed those blokes?" Balme asked.

"I reckon it might have been WADA or ASADA – they’re independent? 

"They’re not very trustworthy I reckon.  Would this CAS mob be independent?"

Professional US sporting codes like the NFL and NBA aren't signatories to WADA and have their own anti-doping codes.

On the of the CAS ruling, AFL Commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick flagged a conversation about the way the WADA code works for team sport.

"This Essendon process has taken too long, and CAS's judgment today invites a discussion about the way the code applies to team sports in future," Fitzpatrick said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-22/balme-blasts-wada-calls-for-afl-to-break-away

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 11:20:38 AM »
Essendon supplements saga: AFLPA chief executive Paul Marsh says 34 past and present Bombers players banned by CAS did nothing wrong

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-12/aflpa-says-banned-bombers-players-did-nothing-wrong/7083494

Marsh fronted the media on Tuesday, declaring his shock at the verdict and warning that there was a "very high" chance of legal action as a result of the decision.

"[We are] shattered for every individual player involved. We have maintained a consistent position that these players did nothing wrong and today's decision does nothing to change our view,' Marsh said...   I'd ask that everyone gives these players some time to grieve," Marsh said

:clapping
How bout Paul Marsh does his job properly and represents the entire playing body and not just these 34 who have been proven cheaters. Ever think about the hundreds of players who had to compete against a team full of lab experiments. Have not heard him say one thing with tespect the rest of the playing body, only that the players who flagrantly broke the drug code shouldnt be held responsible for their own actions and ignoring the hundreds who haven't.

dwaino

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 03:09:55 PM »
NFL might have its own code but the penalties are slaps on the wrist. Roll the dice, get the benefit of the PEDs, unlucky to get caught, sit out for 3 or 4 weeks, return still reaping the benefit of PEDs. The length of the WADA/ASADA bans takes the offenders out for the time it takes to level the playing field.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 04:00:41 PM »
Neil Blame. Spoken like aFL lackie.

What a shame
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »
listen to him speak to kb last few years about; drug cheating, CAS etc. blokes a a flog

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 08:03:10 PM »
While they had it coming and they got off light IMHO, the WADA code is really wrong for a team sport, they either need to change it for teams or drop it and sign up to their own version thereof. Which they should NOT police themselves.
ASADA or some other body should, the AFL has shown how corrupt it is.

you trust asada? come on please they are a complete shambles just like the corrupt afl

wada should continue to stamp out cheats and if those players

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »
Am i mistaken to think the AFLPA are more interested in representing the 34  than (and at the expense of) the other 600 clean players.....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 11:11:41 AM »
Am i mistaken to think the AFLPA are more interested in representing the 34  than (and at the expense of) the other 600 clean players.....
Exactly my thoughts. I'd be pretty pee'd off with them if I was a player who hadn't cheated.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
So........Jobe is keeping the medal, or...................
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 07:28:42 PM »
So........Jobe is keeping the medal, or...................

In summary, only if he approaches the afl about feeling guilty about being a convicted drug chear
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018