Author Topic: Changes for next week vs. Kangaroos  (Read 15031 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for next week vs. Kangaroos
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2011, 09:09:43 PM »
IN THE MIX - RICHMOND

Damien Hardwick welcomes back tall defenders Luke McGuane and Alex Rance from suspension in time to face North Melbourne and he could be tempted into a couple more unforced changes as he looks for the Tigers' first win of the season. Jayden Post was rated Coburg's best in the loss to the Bullants, with Matt Dea, Andrew Browne and Shane Tuck also among the best players. Kel Moore will likely miss one more week with a hip complaint.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/112049/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »
What's "On the block?" If it's the chopping block then why on earth would King be on it?
Yep Ando did mean chopping block.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »
In-4 points
Out-disrespect

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:21 AM »
Push-ups looked like he was carrying a leg in the second half, WP.  I think you already mentioned it.

Yep I know that Muscles but I take being on the "chopping block" is related to form not injury
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:51 AM »
IN THE MIX - RICHMOND

Damien Hardwick welcomes back tall defenders Luke McGuane and Alex Rance from suspension in time to face North Melbourne and he could be tempted into a couple more unforced changes as he looks for the Tigers' first win of the season. Jayden Post was rated Coburg's best in the loss to the Bullants, with Matt Dea, Andrew Browne and Shane Tuck also among the best players. Kel Moore will likely miss one more week with a hip complaint.

Before WP vomits at the thought, Post needs to string more than one good game at coburg together before he gets selected! Thats the trouble with us, we bring guys in on the back of one good game!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
IN THE MIX - RICHMOND

Before WP vomits at the thought, Post needs to string more than one good game at coburg together before he gets selected! Thats the trouble with us, we bring guys in on the back of one good game!

What would be even worse for us is if we say one thing, and do another ala Terry Wallace: ie/ "We want to put as many games into the kids as possible". Then a player with no long-term value like Miller keeps a kid like Post out of the team.     

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
IN THE MIX - RICHMOND

What would be even worse for us is if we say one thing, and do another ala Terry Wallace: ie/ "We want to put as many games into the kids as possible". Then a player with no long-term value like Miller keeps a kid like Post out of the team.
At the FTF Gala Hardwick explained that Post had injured himself on the PRO surface where the cricket pitch sits a few inches higher than the rest of the ground and that it had cost Post from playing in Round 1 as he was still returning from injury. Part of recovery for a player who still hasn't cemented his position in the side is to play for Coburg. I wouldn't have too much problem if he gets selected in front of Miller this week, but I can certainly understand that we shouldn't be gifting games to kids unless its absolutely necessary and we could ask that he stays back and repeats his intensity at the contest to earn a senior spot.

To accuse Hardwick of keeping kids out of the team by playing Miller when we have Griffiths & Post still returning from injury is pretty baseless

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »
No, I'm not accusing Hardwick of anything. I'm just saying that I'd rather we fast-tracked a kid like Post into a key position than persisting with a short term option like Miller, who should only get a run if our other options are injured or suspended.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2011, 09:32:46 AM »
Give gourdis a run at chf ahead of miller

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
The inclusion of Post will be an interesting case for mine, whenever it occurs. Not so much that he gets a game but moreso where he plays. Griffiths seems to be the  umber one future option to be developed in the 2nd forward role with Vickery the resting ruck. Post was suggested to be battling it out with Vickery for that 3rd forward role but I think Vickery has overtaken him at present.

If he is moved into th backline where I believe he played his best football on the weekend for Coburg who's spot will he take - Astbury? McGuane? Rance? or Moore? Unless Rance or Astbury plays a few poor games in their allocated roles/positions (Astbury has not been playing his normal designated role over the last two weeks), I can't see him pushing his way into the D50 either.

Will be interesting how it all pans out and regardless, it seems we have slowly building depth at either end. Just need the who cohort of talls to lift together now  :pray

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »
MUST MUST win game no excuses 'And I Quote' or I will spew up  :chuck
CUB, I have a raincoat and a bottle of domestos ready to go!  :lol North always seem to lift for us which really peezus me orf as I hate them so much!!  :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2011, 11:23:28 AM »

Post of the week  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2011, 09:25:56 PM »
According to the footy show:

Ins (from): Connors, McGaune, Nason, Rance, Tuck.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
According to the footy show:

Ins (from): Connors, McGaune, Nason, Rance, Tuck.
Doesn't mean anything, they've been naming 31 man sides for every team except the Thursday game