Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452611 times)

tony_montana

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #465 on: May 06, 2012, 03:13:29 PM »
I'd go as far stating put a line through his name.

His talent isn't disputed but then that dh Connors has heaps of talent too. Problem is griff from memory only played 15 or so games in his last 2 years of junior footy, and hasn't played much more in his time at Richmond. You miss that many games of footy over a four year period and it catches up with you. Missed too much game development imo

Tigermonk

« Reply #466 on: May 06, 2012, 05:55:50 PM »
Same old boring story. Body not upto League football

move on

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #467 on: May 06, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
There is enough potential upside id give griff another year if not 2 or more to come good.

Tigermonk

« Reply #468 on: May 06, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »
There is enough potential upside id give griff another year if not 2 or more to come good.

you cant be serious, This is the type of downfall RFC have gone down many times in the past.
Every scout on the planet knew he was a risk before he even joined the draft.
this is a dead topic

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #469 on: May 06, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »

you cant be serious, This is the type of downfall RFC have gone down many times in the past.
Every scout on the planet knew he was a risk before he even joined the draft.
this is a dead topic
Griff should get longer. Still only a kid.

Tigermonk

« Reply #470 on: May 06, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
Griffo & Moore along with Edwards & Jackson can help each other walk out the door, the most talented one out of those 4 can close the door.  :lol

10 FLAGS

« Reply #471 on: May 06, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
The problem I have with Griff is that even when he played those 4 or 5 games, he hardly touched the footy. Hardly got the ball at all. He has got a big reputation for someone who cant get on the ground or even get lots of the footy when he does play.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #472 on: May 06, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »
Griff is our version of Gumbleton. Just does not get onto the park to play some footy. :-\

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #473 on: May 06, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
Griff is not the same age as moore.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #474 on: May 06, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
Cant delist a 21 yo old 200cm KP player with a 60m kick and good hands.
Especially when you experiment with irish recruits and rugby league players. There is a spot on any AFL list for Ben Griffiths, injured or not.

Go Tigers!

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #475 on: May 06, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »
Griffo & Moore along with Edwards & Jackson can help each other walk out the door, the most talented one out of those 4 can close the door.  :lol

Is that the same door McDonald opened and ran out of before the season even started?? Least Griff has the Balls to stick about ;)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: May 07, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »
Had hopes he would be a massive forward target for us, reality is he can't string games together and is injury prone (not only to his shoulders). Starting to accept we will not get any return for investment.

Can't play a full game of footy without some sort of scare, and when he does, just doesn't generate enough touches to impact the game. Why they wouldn't just park all 200cm and 100+kgs in the goal square is beyond me? Enough of this rubbish trying him down back.  :banghead :banghead

Drop Vickery for him, put Jack and Griff deep and see what happens with Miller still performing his cameo. Surely he can win a one on one contest at his size, doesn't have to be mobile, just kick it long to the bloke.  :police:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #477 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »
i take it you are happy to continually give away height in the backline?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: May 07, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »
Give him 1 more year.  There are others that need immediate replacing before him.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: May 07, 2012, 01:40:40 PM »
i take it you are happy to continually give away height in the backline?
Not happy to, but this kid is a forward, not a defender. I can see the benefit of him playing down back, but what is the point if he continually gets injured down there and isn't any good as a KPD? In all honesty, I though they had Astbury to come in as a KPD. I think there comes a point where you let him prove himself in his natural position, as opposed to trying to reinvent him as something he isn't.

I agree, he will more than likely be given another year and every possible chance to make it (as either a FWD or DEF), but really needs to show some big things sooner rather than later.