Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452614 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #510 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
Honestly, has played 9 AFL with averages disposals of 5 per game (2.6 kicks a game ) ::)
Other club get players like Crameri at Essendon who stamp there mark on the game.( averages from first game -17 disposals a game )
43rd pick in rookie draft as well, say no more
then our recruiting department is obviously still substandard compared to the better ones. We should be poaching a great recruiter from elsewhere. Or even giving a job to Rendell given his currently unemployed and hasn't done a bad job in Adelaide i'm sure he knows more than good old FJ.
seriously one example means eff all. you could make similar examples for every club.

no surprise to see you roll in jack's miserable excrement at all

as for rendell well,n hindsight, we made a mistake in tambling, but he was a highly fancied junior. By the the time adelaide gave us about 5 times his worth, every knew what a hack he was, except rendell, it seems.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #511 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »
question I ask, what talent?
Kicked a bag of 6 or somin the u18 carnival, and that wasnt the first time, mugs dont do that :shh

Yep and I watched Richard Tambling get 40 possesions and kick 4 goals in the Under 18 Carnival as well, ::)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
And I presume our membership money paid you to fly up have a free feed suck back a couple of beers and do eff all but whinge
Lucky we sacked you whiny boy backside
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #513 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:16 PM »
Kicked a bag of 6 or somin the u18 carnival, and that wasnt the first time, mugs dont do that :shh

Yep and I watched Richard Tambling get 40 possesions and kick 4 goals in the Under 18 Carnival as well, ::)

Yep, then after we discarded him Matt Rendell who has done a cracker Job for Adelaide though he would be a good pick up for them ::) It's all swings and roundabouts people, you hit some you miss some regardless who is in charge ;) IMO Griffiths is not to dis similar to Tom Hawkins apart from his shocking run with injury! It has taken Hawkins 5 years on that list being feed but the Best Mid field over that period to finally get to the level hes playing at this year!  Hawkins over his career  is only averaging 6 Kicks 5 handballs and 1.5 goals a game but I would still love to have him running round in our forward line any day.

lol @ you again Jackstar, Crameri was a pick from way left field, he was over weight and had a pee poor atitude when he played for Bendigo! Essendon Rookied him because of this and wow guess what, there gamble paid off! I could only imagine if we had recruited Crameri and he turned out to be a dud what you would be saying :lol :lol :lol

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #514 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
But you miss the point.
They rookied him, not drafted him initially

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: May 08, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »

Anyone who's seen Ben play can see he has the tools. Hasn't has a sustained run without injury to develop those raw skills.
His development has been curtailed.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #516 on: May 08, 2012, 10:39:01 PM »
But you miss the point.

So what your saying is Griffiths would have made it through to the Rookie draft without being picked up by another club??

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #517 on: May 08, 2012, 10:39:51 PM »

Anyone who's seen Ben play can see he has the tools. Hasn't has a sustained run without injury to develop those raw skills.
His development has been curtailed.

Yep, seem him play 9 AFL games and heaps of VFL games
Looks a bit timid to me

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #518 on: May 08, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »
But you miss the point.

So what your saying is Griffiths would have made it through to the Rookie draft without being picked up by another club??
YES!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #519 on: May 08, 2012, 10:41:38 PM »
I agree the kid has ability just his body ahs let him down.

Next 18 months is critical. I'd go as far to say if he doesn't play senior footy this year although he will stay on the list he may be gone at the end of next year.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #520 on: May 08, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »
Griffiths on the other hand l have said before he has alot of talent but his body cant cope with AFL football let alone handle VFL football. Scouts from all clubs knew this & Richmond took the risk & FAILED. But some of you think you know more than people who have been in the game for 40 years and still beleive this lad is gunna save Richmond.

The above was posted by Tigermonk and is so close to 100% correct, it aint funny

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #521 on: May 08, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »
But you miss the point.

YES!

lol Now you really are showing how little you actually know :lol :lol :lol

Below are a few links of what others (Who have a clue) thought of Griffiths before the draft, let me guess, they are all as daft as the club is :wallywink :wallywink

http://www.contestedfooty.com/2009/11/ben-griffiths-2009-afl-draft-prospect/

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86984/default.aspx

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87451/default.aspx

You could troll through the internet for hours, no one had him going past pick 35 let a loan making it through to the rookie draft :lol :lol It further goes to show how little clue or credibility you actually have :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #522 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
Really hopes Griff makes it, him along with Vickery, surely if Vicks, Jack and Griff got it together we would have one of the best forward lines in the comp, one of the best centre lines in the comp.....just the back line then.....pick a a top back man or 2 through free agency, one more ruck man .....

Whoa... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: May 08, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
If Griff wasnt available we would have gone:
3: Martin
19: Astbury
35: Ayden Kennedy
43: Dea
51: Taylor

Griff has played more games than Kennedy.  :whistle

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2012, 12:19:38 AM »
In at least one game this season griffs has got injury - due to being on his hands and knees trying to win a loose ball. A great sign for a bloke that size.

To cope a knee cap to back of head bad luck. Not weak injury prone body