Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452611 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #660 on: May 30, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
Watching last weeks game, on Ben's first kick in he reached the middle of the G, commentators didn't pick it up, but wow, if he can do that what a huge advantage as the opposition will need to spread pretty wide to cover the length of kick and options it opens up. For me, I liked Ben's game and thought he did pretty well. Hope he gets a lot more this season

Imagine if he was able to play on 10m from the kick in....makes it very hard to zone up when you are not sure if he is kicking it 15m or potentially 70m+ :o

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #661 on: May 30, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
Mr Claw, you still havent answered my question as to why you think Griffiths was gifted a game and to whom you would have given the game to instead??
and here i was thinking i had answered it when we argued over his form at coburg .

they have to earn it is basically the mantra.
the 4 games leading up to this week.  he got knocked out 1st q week 1, did nothing week 2. probably still affected from the head knock.
hurt his knee and only played a half week 3 and scraped into the best plaers week 4. hardly earnt a game id say.
others have been in the best players two or three weeks in a row at coburg  and they dont get a game. this while hacks like nahas  jackson king and  edwards have all performed poorly along with vickery.

ben  got a game because the structure was poo. there was no one else. so we played him and   look what happened.we gave a kid a chance and  he showed a bit.
this all leads us back to actually dropping underperformers. we dont. we persevere with them. griffiths is a good example of why we should not be gifting blokes games who are currently in the team. there are other options and you just dont know what you will get.
id give derickx a game and post in front of vickery who has played 7 games and been in our worst two players in all 7 games hes played. the only reason he missed playing was because he got injured so he didnt get dropped despite shocking performances. there was  no going back to coburg for him and earning a spot nope hes a favorite.

Why are you whinging about this. We took a gamble and it paid off.

Facts are in any sporting clubs players get games when otehr are more worthy, for team make up and structure reasons, for experience reasons and many others.

Who cares, we gambled and it paid off. Griffiths has spent to long on the sidelines and playing Coburg which everyone would agree is rubbish development. Get your best players for the future into the AFL system. Post, Graham, McGuane and co have had endless opportunities.

Club made the right call.
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #662 on: May 30, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »
Watching last weeks game, on Ben's first kick in he reached the middle of the G, commentators didn't pick it up, but wow, if he can do that what a huge advantage as the opposition will need to spread pretty wide to cover the length of kick and options it opens up. For me, I liked Ben's game and thought he did pretty well. Hope he gets a lot more this season

Imagine if he was able to play on 10m from the kick in....makes it very hard to zone up when you are not sure if he is kicking it 15m or potentially 70m+ :o

Ben Griffiths kicked the ball so far it exploded the asteroid that was heading for earth in the Armageddon movie.
Go Tigers!

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #663 on: May 30, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »

Ben Griffiths kicked the ball so far it exploded the asteroid that was heading for earth in the Armageddon movie.
Maybe that will free up Bruce Willis for another role??

the claw

« Reply #664 on: May 30, 2012, 06:09:07 PM »
was bastinac for me followed by talls with every pick after. if we were to take a tall at 19 i had carlisle and black in front of griffiths. would really like to see if we cant get our hands on black.
i know its dragging up old  crap but i still think we should have found a way to finish with 4 wins in 09. picks 3 18 and 19 would have been great.
this was my first post in reply to some one saying they prefered fyfe. all i did was mention who i prefered and the defenders of all things richmond have been yipping away since.

from the coaches reports for coburg. games played by griffiths.

24/3 northern blues  inj 1st q took no further part.
31/3 casey scorpions - injured dnp
8/4 sandrigham - reasonable return from injury.
22/4 frankston - was beaten at fb but did some good things kicking a feature.
28/4 box hill - concussion did not play after 1/2 time.
5/5 werribee - poor first half hurt knee early third.
12/5 did not play injured.
20/5 good game named in best players but not bog.
28/5 played for richmond.

did he earn a game ?  not by that he didnt.
there really are some who stick their heads up their arses and defend everything and anything.anyone who dares have a view that remotely sounds different to what the club says is pounced upon and ridiculed.

the above is griffiths form line accoding to the coburg coaches did he knock the door down and demand a game no way. but we played him and he played well im not complaining he got a game i advocated we play blokes like him in the place of those who cant get a kick.
there are others who have performed better than griffiths and we refuse to play them. instead we continue to GIFT  games to consistent under performers. i say those under performers have cost us 3 or 4 games they are the reason we have had close losses.

while not in the best players some of the reports on derickx have been took 5 contested marks and his forward pressure was good these are things that vickery has not given us at least derickx wont wimp out of a contest. griffiths gave little at coburg but gave us something at richmond. we can do the same with derickx and stop rewarding vickery ghames based on a poo house season to date.
imo dericks will give more in the ruck and no less than vickery has up forward.just think griffiths people.

the only thing im dirty about griffiths has nothing to do with him. hes played one decent game in 10 his previous 9 were very poor. hype takes richmond players a long way it seems.but i will always be dirty that we could risk such a valuable pick he was high risk we are talking a top 20 pick here we should never be taking risks with such picks.
if the risk pays off well and good but there was safe options available that would have netted us a very good player.

finally not convinced about big ben in the air or as a defender we will see before i go putting any of our players on a pedestal they will have to earn it not just play one passable game which it seems is enough for most on here. seems some never learn a thing.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #665 on: May 30, 2012, 06:26:57 PM »
None of our forward/rucks are 'earning' a game through form at Coburg, so anyone who plays this position will be 'gifted' a game. Your perpetual bitch cycle cannot be broken. Give it a rest.

And while he is not getting his hands on it enough around the ground, Vickery always contests well in the ruck.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #666 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:10 PM »
Graham has been extremely good for the reserves but there's a gun in front of him.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #667 on: May 30, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
was bastinac for me followed by talls with every pick after. if we were to take a tall at 19 i had carlisle and black in front of griffiths. would really like to see if we cant get our hands on black.
i know its dragging up old  crap but i still think we should have found a way to finish with 4 wins in 09. picks 3 18 and 19 would have been great.
this was my first post in reply to some one saying they prefered fyfe. all i did was mention who i prefered and the defenders of all things richmond have been yipping away since.

there really are some who stick their heads up their behinds and defend everything and anything.anyone who dares have a view that remotely sounds different to what the club says is pounced upon and ridiculed.

the above is griffiths form line accoding to the coburg coaches did he knock the door down and demand a game no way. but we played him and he played well im not complaining he got a game i advocated we play blokes like him in the place of those who cant get a kick.
there are others who have performed better than griffiths and we refuse to play them. instead we continue to GIFT  games to consistent under performers. i say those under performers have cost us 3 or 4 games they are the reason we have had close losses.

while not in the best players some of the reports on derickx have been took 5 contested marks and his forward pressure was good these are things that vickery has not given us at least derickx wont wimp out of a contest. griffiths gave little at coburg but gave us something at richmond. we can do the same with derickx and stop rewarding vickery ghames based on a poo house season to date.
imo dericks will give more in the ruck and no less than vickery has up forward.just think griffiths people.

the only thing im dirty about griffiths has nothing to do with him. hes played one decent game in 10 his previous 9 were very poor. hype takes richmond players a long way it seems.but i will always be dirty that we could risk such a valuable pick he was high risk we are talking a top 20 pick here we should never be taking risks with such picks.
if the risk pays off well and good but there was safe options available that would have netted us a very good player.

finally not convinced about big ben in the air or as a defender we will see before i go putting any of our players on a pedestal they will have to earn it not just play one passable game which it seems is enough for most on here. seems some never learn a thing.

Once again you continue to twist the facts to suit your story. Fair go, your flogging this dead horse to death ::)

the only thing im dirty about griffiths has nothing to do with him. hes played one decent game in 10 his previous 9 were very poor.

He has only played 6 games to begin with (Not 10) and he has made the Best's twice in those 6! Round 5 and round 9. Can you not count or somthing??

Above is your summery of the coaches report, once again you seem to have conveniently left a few things out, let me fill in the spaces for you...

22/4 frankston - was beaten at fb but did some good things kicking a feature.....Ben Griffiths
A very encouraging performance from Ben.  Took some strong marks in the key defensive post and used the ball well to set up some strong offensive moves. Was named 2nd Best on ground

5/5 werribee - poor first half hurt knee early third....The team’s defensive set-ups weren’t great, so that didn’t allow the tall defenders to be used on the spread.

20/5 good game named in Bests but not BOG... Ben Griffiths
Returned from injury and had a good game as a key defender. Showed that his decision-making and kicking skills are elite.  Is an important player in Richmond’s future plans. Was named 5th best on ground.

there are others who have performed better than griffiths and we refuse to play them.

Again you keep mentioning this but fail to name these Others??

while not in the best players some of the reports on derickx have been took 5 contested marks and his forward pressure was good these are things that vickery has not given us at least derickx wont wimp out of a contest

Again, compleatly contradicting you theory :lol So Griffiths get in the bests even though its not BOG and still doesn't deserve a game in your opinion but Derickx who has never been close to the bests and has actually been demoted from the VFL seniors to the development side deserves a game :lol :lol Are you an effing hypocrite or what :lol :lol

there really are some who stick their heads up their behinds and defend everything and anything.anyone who dares have a view that remotely sounds different to what the club says is pounced upon and ridiculed.

Mate the only person around here with there head up there behind is you! You either cant read or just love to make crap up to suit the fanciful story's you conn your brain into believing  :wallywink

TigerTimeII

« Reply #668 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »
claw u r an idiot
it has nothing to do with form, but the ability to know the game plan, understand the structures and play accordingly
with griffiths they were just waiting for his body to be right not his form
u have to remember coburg is not the tigers, they do not play the same way

you have no idea

Gigantor

« Reply #669 on: May 30, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
surely anyone offering just an opinion cant be an idiot..its just an opinion after all..something we all offer here in spades..LOL

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #670 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »
surely anyone offering just an opinion cant be an idiot..its just an opinion after all..something we all offer here in spades..LOL

Fair point. A lot of blokes on here thinking they are in the know and others shouldn't question them. Maybe they should have their own forum.

the claw

« Reply #671 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »
None of our forward/rucks are 'earning' a game through form at Coburg, so anyone who plays this position will be 'gifted' a game. Your perpetual bitch cycle cannot be broken. Give it a rest.

And while he is not getting his hands on it enough around the ground, Vickery always contests well in the ruck.
ppppfffffttt hes a softie in the ruck.ive never seen a scairder player than him.

7 in a row absolute shockers and theres no one to replace him yet you all talk as if we have arrived as a force. not even gws or gc would tolerate such mediocrity. no let up from me bud he should not be getting a game.  lets do a be griffiths and give another bloke a chance to show what he can do rather than play a girls blouse who cant get a touch.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »

the above is griffiths form line accoding to the coburg coaches did he knock the door down and demand a game no way.

Forget the brief 'reports' sprinkled for the global media masses and use your eyes.

Just curious but do you ever get down to Coburg and watch claw?
I'm assuming you don't but forgive me if I'm wrong.

I do and ben was excellent in a few of those games down back. A clear standout of the Burgers talent wise.
No surprises from me that he took it to the bigger stage and yes no doubt in my mind he deserved a game.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #673 on: May 30, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »
lets do a be griffiths and give another bloke a chance to show what he can do rather than play a girls blouse who cant get a touch.

Who?? O'h thats right, you dont have the answer....again :lol :lol :lol And don't Say Derickx because that contradicts your argument that you need to be BOG multiple times to earn your spot.

Also I keep asking you the question abut these Other's who are supposedly getting regular BOG's for Coburg and are not being looked at for the senior side, do you care to answer that at some stage???

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #674 on: May 30, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
The players put 40 to 50 hours in a week.  3 hours of that are public on gameday.  Pretty sure the club knows who can do what and is doing the right thing and has the skills and wins contests and gets the game plan and can hit passes and lay tackles, etc. etc. etc. in the other 30 to 40 hours a week.