Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452609 times)

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »
While i somewhat agree with  your logic Santa  i  do have to say  that i prefer a  youngster over BJ Miller any day and thats no disrespect to Brad he has been worth his weight in gold he brings the ball to ground well and tries to  drag defenders from the corridor of the forward  line... I had the same problem with shane tuck people bitching about why dimma wouldnt play him last year the fact was he wanted to get games into our core group for the long term the dividends are paying off the only reason Tuck came back last year was to to better the year befores  win loss ratio and relieve media pressure down at tigerland. When Tuck retires we will have Conca coming in  to fill his shoes I don't care if Griffiths takes a year or 2 to play consistant footy  they are still in my opinion grooming him for CHF they are just teaching him the defensive side of his game  like Conca and Ellis are doing for their later midfield roles ... He will be poo most likely a fair bit this year but by Geez  he is going to be good if his body holds up and will be pivitol on the last day in September a few years down the track  if all goes to plan well that's the way i think anyway mate

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:47 PM »
claw u r an idiot
it has nothing to do with form, but the ability to know the game plan, understand the structures and play accordingly
with griffiths they were just waiting for his body to be right not his form
u have to remember coburg is not the tigers, they do not play the same way

you have no idea
Craw doesn't put much credence in such things. he comes from the terry wallace school of coaching
"all you need is the cattle and the rest will take care of itself, almost"
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »
thats it now i understand lol

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »
Sorry Username and Claw i was on BF and most posters over there don't understand Hardwicks reasoning for dropping Tuck which boggles me a little and i carried it over here sorry not trying to preach or be a smartbehind

the claw

« Reply #679 on: May 31, 2012, 06:29:28 PM »
was bastinac for me followed by talls with every pick after. if we were to take a tall at 19 i had carlisle and black in front of griffiths. would really like to see if we cant get our hands on black.
i know its dragging up old  crap but i still think we should have found a way to finish with 4 wins in 09. picks 3 18 and 19 would have been great.
this was my first post in reply to some one saying they prefered fyfe. all i did was mention who i prefered and the defenders of all things richmond have been yipping away since.

from the coaches reports for coburg. games played by griffiths.

24/3 northern blues  inj 1st q took no further part.
31/3 casey scorpions - injured dnp
8/4 sandrigham - reasonable return from injury.
22/4 frankston - was beaten at fb but did some good things kicking a feature.
28/4 box hill - concussion did not play after 1/2 time.
5/5 werribee - poor first half hurt knee early third.
12/5 did not play injured.
20/5 good game named in best players but not bog.
28/5 played for richmond.

did he earn a game ?  not by that he didnt.
there really are some who stick their heads up their behinds and defend everything and anything.anyone who dares have a view that remotely sounds different to what the club says is pounced upon and ridiculed.

the above is griffiths form line accoding to the coburg coaches did he knock the door down and demand a game no way. but we played him and he played well im not complaining he got a game i advocated we play blokes like him in the place of those who cant get a kick.
there are others who have performed better than griffiths and we refuse to play them. instead we continue to GIFT  games to consistent under performers. i say those under performers have cost us 3 or 4 games they are the reason we have had close losses.

while not in the best players some of the reports on derickx have been took 5 contested marks and his forward pressure was good these are things that vickery has not given us at least derickx wont wimp out of a contest. griffiths gave little at coburg but gave us something at richmond. we can do the same with derickx and stop rewarding vickery ghames based on a poo house season to date.
imo dericks will give more in the ruck and no less than vickery has up forward.just think griffiths people.

the only thing im dirty about griffiths has nothing to do with him. hes played one decent game in 10 his previous 9 were very poor. hype takes richmond players a long way it seems.but i will always be dirty that we could risk such a valuable pick he was high risk we are talking a top 20 pick here we should never be taking risks with such picks.
if the risk pays off well and good but there was safe options available that would have netted us a very good player.

finally not convinced about big ben in the air or as a defender we will see before i go putting any of our players on a pedestal they will have to earn it not just play one passable game which it seems is enough for most on here. seems some never learn a thing.

Once again you continue to twist the facts to suit your story. Fair go, your flogging this dead horse to death ::)

the only thing im dirty about griffiths has nothing to do with him. hes played one decent game in 10 his previous 9 were very poor.

He has only played 6 games to begin with (Not 10) and he has made the Best's twice in those 6! Round 5 and round 9. Can you not count or somthing??

24/3 northern blues  inj 1st q took no further part.
31/3 casey scorpions - injured dnp
8/4 sandrigham - reasonable return from injury.
22/4 frankston - was beaten at fb but did some good things kicking a feature.
28/4 box hill - concussion did not play after 1/2 time.
5/5 werribee - poor first half hurt knee early third.
12/5 did not play injured.
20/5 good game named in best players but not bog.
28/5 played for richmond.

Above is your summery of the coaches report, once again you seem to have conveniently left a few things out, let me fill in the spaces for you...

22/4 frankston - was beaten at fb but did some good things kicking a feature.....Ben Griffiths
A very encouraging performance from Ben.  Took some strong marks in the key defensive post and used the ball well to set up some strong offensive moves. Was named 2nd Best on ground

5/5 werribee - poor first half hurt knee early third....The team’s defensive set-ups weren’t great, so that didn’t allow the tall defenders to be used on the spread.

20/5 good game named in Bests but not BOG... Ben Griffiths
Returned from injury and had a good game as a key defender. Showed that his decision-making and kicking skills are elite.  Is an important player in Richmond’s future plans. Was named 5th best on ground.

there are others who have performed better than griffiths and we refuse to play them.

Again you keep mentioning this but fail to name these Others??

while not in the best players some of the reports on derickx have been took 5 contested marks and his forward pressure was good these are things that vickery has not given us at least derickx wont wimp out of a contest

Again, compleatly contradicting you theory :lol So Griffiths get in the bests even though its not BOG and still doesn't deserve a game in your opinion but Derickx who has never been close to the bests and has actually been demoted from the VFL seniors to the development side deserves a game :lol :lol Are you an effing hypocrite or what :lol :lol

there really are some who stick their heads up their behinds and defend everything and anything.anyone who dares have a view that remotely sounds different to what the club says is pounced upon and ridiculed.

Mate the only person around here with there head up there behind is you! You either cant read or just love to make crap up to suit the fanciful story's you conn your brain into believing  :wallywink
lol havent twisted a thing. the facts are the facts hes had two decent games at coburg ALL YR,  HOW DOES THAT MEET THE CLUBS MANTRA OF EARNING A GAME.
im not contradicting myself at all ive said going by the mantra griffiths has not earnt a game. my personal preference is to play him and others in a similar boat instead of hacks like vickery who cant get a kick in a footy factory atm. but yeah you just go ahead and put what ever spin on what i say like.
its black or white hes missed thru injury or been hurt in a game how many times this yr, how many times in how many games did he scrape into the best players. no bog at all. didnt hardwick very puplicly state that the kids will have to earn a game if you think two decent games ALL YR  is banging the door down good onya others are not that deluded.

hes now played 10 games.  5 in 2010, 4 in 2011 and 1 this yr. sheesh you are an idiot.
 hes played one good game in those 10 and you would think hes the best player going around the way you people talk him up. done nothing to date other than show potential. but he has potential and should get a game in front of underperformers just like others should. geez i hope thats clear enough for you this time. i havent said anything different.

in the frankston game how did his opponent go he was ordinary defensively. we got smashed by the bottom team that day no little thanks to poor performances by nearly all our players.

are you really so stupid that you cant comprehend a post or are you just trying to move the posts again as you always do.

Two that have been in the bests are webberley and graham. we refuse to play em instead persevere with vickery getting 3 touches a game or watch nahas and edwards butcher the ball.sheesh webberley got it 32 times and laid 7 tackles and could not get in the bests  in one game what a joke. arnot like griffiths has been named in the bests why didnt we give him a game when jackson was deplorable only thing thats changed there is jacksons gone from deplorable to just plain ordinary a marked improvement lol.

what else is there oh me contradicting myself. i will say it one more time real slow just for you. the club mantra is they have to earn a game thru good consistent performance but griffiths has not done this. me im all for giving him a game and others like him instead of rewarding consistent pee poor performances like vickery has dished up. you your obviously okay with them being inconsistent not sticking to what they say and rewarding abject mediocrity that occurs for 7 weeks in a row.

as i said there are some who stick their head up their arses and defend every single thing the club does regardless. not pointing a finger but if the shoe fits.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #680 on: May 31, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »
lol havent twisted a thing. the facts are the facts hes had two decent games at coburg ALL YR,  HOW DOES THAT MEET THE CLUBS MANTRA OF EARNING A GAME.

He earned a game.

Facts?

I'll ask again. Do you watch these games or just go by what you read on the interwebz?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #681 on: May 31, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
im not contradicting myself at all ive said going by the mantra griffiths has not earnt a game. my personal preference is to play him and others in a similar boat instead of hacks like vickery who cant get a kick in a footy factory atm. but yeah you just go ahead and put what ever spin on what i say like.
its black or white hes missed thru injury or been hurt in a game how many times this yr, how many times in how many games did he scrape into the best players. no bog at all. didnt hardwick very puplicly state that the kids will have to earn a game if you think two decent games ALL YR  is banging the door down good onya others are not that deluded.

hes now played 10 games.  5 in 2010, 4 in 2011 and 1 this yr. sheesh you are an idiot.
 hes played one good game in those 10 and you would think hes the best player going around the way you people talk him up. done nothing to date other than show potential. but he has potential and should get a game in front of underperformers just like others should. geez i hope thats clear enough for you this time. i havent said anything different.

in the frankston game how did his opponent go he was ordinary defensively. we got smashed by the bottom team that day no little thanks to poor performances by nearly all our players.

are you really so stupid that you cant comprehend a post or are you just trying to move the posts again as you always do.

Two that have been in the bests are webberley and graham. we refuse to play em instead persevere with vickery getting 3 touches a game or watch nahas and edwards butcher the ball.sheesh webberley got it 32 times and laid 7 tackles and could not get in the bests  in one game what a joke. arnot like griffiths has been named in the bests why didnt we give him a game when jackson was deplorable only thing thats changed there is jacksons gone from deplorable to just plain ordinary a marked improvement lol.

what else is there oh me contradicting myself. i will say it one more time real slow just for you. the club mantra is they have to earn a game thru good consistent performance but griffiths has not done this. me im all for giving him a game and others like him instead of rewarding consistent pee poor performances like vickery has dished up. you your obviously okay with them being inconsistent not sticking to what they say and rewarding abject mediocrity that occurs for 7 weeks in a row.

as i said there are some who stick their head up their behinds and defend every single thing the club does regardless. not pointing a finger but if the shoe fits.

No mate, The facts are THE CLUB CLEARLY THOUGHT HE DID ENOUGH IN THOSE GAMES TO BE SELECTED AS A WORTHY REPLACEMENT FOR GRIMES! and they haven't been proven wrong to date!

my personal preference is to play him and others in a similar boat instead of hacks like vickery who cant get a kick in a footy factory atm. but yeah you just go ahead and put what ever spin on what i say like.
Then why BANG ON that he was gifted a game if that WAS YOUR PREFERENCE ALL ALONG :huh :huh

So in your opinion you have to not only be in the BEST'S but be BOG in a string of games to warrant selection in the senior side? 

So one minute you have to be BOG in a string of games to warrant selection but the next minute if you show potential you should be a walk up start?? Nah, you don't contradict yourself at all :lol :lol

Then why was Griffiths named second best on the day? He must have been doing something right :huh :huh

Both Webberly and Graham have allready shown there not up to AFL standard but hey why not throw them both back into the fire so we can see than NOTHING HAS CHANGED for either player. I cant believe we didnt bring in Weberley to replace Grimes :huh What were we thinking :banghead
As for Arnot, the one thing the boy lacks is a tank, at least Jackson can run the game out! But hey, lets throw the lad into the fire as well so you have another reason to take pot shots at Francis Jackson for missing another pick :lol

This ones a Ripper :lol After all the contradicting you have done you then contradict your self again but this time REAL SLOW for everyone else to see once again :lol :lol :lol :lol

as i said there are some who stick their head up their behinds and defend every single thing the club does regardless. not pointing a finger but if the shoe fits.

:lol  Where has anyone in this thread defended what the club has done regardless?? you cant even make your own mind up weather a player shoud be givin a game because he shows potential of because he needs to be BOG in a string of games :lol :lol Ever though that because your head might be stuck up your own behind :lol :lol

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #682 on: May 31, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
Sheesh tiger from tas, you have more patience than I !!!

Well done

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #683 on: May 31, 2012, 10:28:47 PM »
The risk was -

Black small risk decent potential.
Carilse similar.
Grigg. Big risk. (Injury) massive upside.

Griff is bigger faster? And kicks like a boss.

Due to melbourne stockpile so many high draft picks similar to now. I felt we needed a edge so they wouldnt go. Past us

TigerTimeII

« Reply #684 on: May 31, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »
Sorry Username and Claw i was on BF and most posters over there don't understand Hardwicks reasoning for dropping Tuck which boggles me a little and i carried it over here sorry not trying to preach or be a smartbehind

we all know why he was dropped and it was well worth it, dont u agree

Ruanaidh

« Reply #685 on: June 01, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
Another top game from Griff :clapping :clapping :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #686 on: June 01, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »
Another top game from Griff :clapping :clapping :clapping

Was very good I thought.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: June 01, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »
Some great releasing handballs under pressure

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #688 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:21 PM »
Didn't get allot of it but didsome good things when he had it! looks to be gaining confidence wich can only be a good thing :thumbsup

Ruanaidh

« Reply #689 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
Didn't get allot of it but didsome good things when he had it! looks to be gaining confidence wich can only be a good thing :thumbsup
Had the second highest 1%'s behind Rancey  :gotigers