Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452606 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #720 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:22 PM »
moore lmao, wont play again and if he does will not make the cut, he is another mguane type dont need him when we have rance grimes griff and other younger talls we are developimg

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: June 03, 2012, 09:55:14 PM »
Any fool can see Griffiths is a lot more than just a big kick of the ball.

We're all aware of his natural gifts but he also has a very smart footy brain.
Extremely instinctive under pressure and takes the first option. Knows just when to go.

We've got a ripper here.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #722 on: June 03, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
Pity he seems to be made of glass because he can play

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: June 04, 2012, 06:48:47 AM »
Agree with Magic. His disposal under pressure was very good

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #724 on: June 04, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
There are only two things that will stop Griffiths from becoming a richmond great

1. Injuries

2. NFL scouts

This kid has it all. great hands, ground skills, body positioning, great pace and is 200cm and has a 75m drop punt in his ar-senal.

Can imagine him going forward in a big final (  if required  ) and turning the game

Massive cieling this kid, a much more dangerous version of the great West coast premiership player, Adam Hunter, star in the making
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:40:34 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #725 on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »
Just wondering claw if you still think Ben's undeserving of a game? ;)

gerkin greg

« Reply #726 on: June 07, 2012, 01:38:27 AM »
watched him twice

seems a much more natural and composed player compared to post

skills are good & under pressure, gets to the right spots, doesn't drop his head  :thumbsup

thanks,

TigerTimeII

« Reply #727 on: June 07, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »
There are only two things that will stop Griffiths from becoming a richmond great

1. Injuries

2. NFL scouts

This kid has it all. great hands, ground skills, body positioning, great pace and is 200cm and has a 75m drop punt in his ar-senal.

Can imagine him going forward in a big final (  if required  ) and turning the game

Massive cieling this kid, a much more dangerous version of the great West coast premiership player, Adam Hunter, star in the making

and i remember hunters first few games, he was shyte and even dermie said hunter would never make it lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »
Radio said he went for a kick and looked to pull up sore? Any news of an injury? This was just before they shifted him forward

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #729 on: June 09, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »
I believe he is fine. Took him off as we were too top heavy in the conditions. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #730 on: June 09, 2012, 11:54:39 PM »
are you asking did he earn a game the answer is no. yet we gave him one and he went okay. ive asked we do similar with others. ie arnot. would like to see post derickx and elton get a game.
on griffiths i still think hes a ff. and i still think he has done little to warrant all the wraps on him. let him prove himself but give him every opportunity to do so.

have to laugh at all the angst at a  maric. whats the point of giving him just one full game and then out again. does post ring a bell. give him 3 or 4 in a row and let him find his feet.

o hanlon should not get dropped he showed enough give him a block of games as well regardless of how well he goes. dont think maric is out of his depth just needs to find his feet.

hes not the way forward but i can tell ya as far as i can see big graham has actually earnt a game. surely we have to reward good consistent performances regardless of who it is. especially if theres plenty in the ones not performing.

imo the only player who ive been critical of who should keep his spot atm is edwards hes actually made good contributions for 4 weeks in a row. keep him forward and have him kick his two or three each week hes more value there atm than in the midfield. to be blunt imo hes not the answer ive seen it all before but i will acknowledge decent games from him

just my opinion but we cant play all of nahas, king, edwards, maric, houli,  theres room for just two. ive always thought this. not enough skill size or quality for a group of smalls. none play well when in the middle but at least maric has the skills and vision to play thru there. i shudder to think what will happen if we add king to the 4 who played today. to top it all off i read on here posters bemoaning white cant get a game he just exacerbates the problem.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #731 on: June 09, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »
Who does deserve a game on the back of 2012 coburg form claw?  ::)

Im afraid the miss graham lovers are delusional.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #732 on: June 10, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »
are you asking did he earn a game the answer is no. yet we gave him one and he went okay. ive asked we do similar with others. ie arnot. would like to see post derickx and elton get a game.
on griffiths i still think hes a ff. and i still think he has done little to warrant all the wraps on him. let him prove himself but give him every opportunity to do so.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, what players show on the training track, you know the other 45 hours they're at the club may contribute in any way to how they're viewed by the MC.  It's a novel thought but maybe if you're towelling guys up on the training track the coach may just believe you can play footy.

the claw

« Reply #733 on: June 10, 2012, 12:12:02 AM »
Who does deserve a game on the back of 2012 coburg form claw?  ::)

Im afraid the miss graham lovers are delusional.
not a lover of him in fact think he should be delisted. but surely as a club we have to show those at coburg they will be rewarded with a game if they perform. as far as i can see big angus has been among our best for weeks now just reward him he cant do any worse than vickery who really does need a rocket put up him.
9 games for 9 poor games surely we have to do something about that. vickery thinks hes immune from scrutiny he thinks he can just walk into the team he knows he will get a game next week no matter what he does and it shows in the way he plays.
atm id take big angus every day of the week in those circumstances.

the claw

« Reply #734 on: June 10, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, what players show on the training track, you know the other 45 hours they're at the club may contribute in any way to how they're viewed by the MC.  It's a novel thought but maybe if you're towelling guys up on the training track the coach may just believe you can play footy.
lol ive heard every kind of excuse under the sun now. i can name a few who train the house down but dont get a game.
so in your infinate wisdom at what point does performance take over from training. are you telling me all those at coburg dont train hard sheesh we are pathetic in our defense of under performing players.