Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452606 times)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #735 on: June 10, 2012, 12:48:03 AM »
Just wondering claw if you still think Ben's undeserving of a game? ;)
are you asking did he earn a game the answer is no. yet we gave him one and he went okay. ive asked we do similar with others. ie arnot. would like to see post derickx and elton get a game.
on griffiths i still think hes a ff. and i still think he has done little to warrant all the wraps on him. let him prove himself but give him every opportunity to do so.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, what players show on the training track, you know the other 45 hours they're at the club may contribute in any way to how they're viewed by the MC.  It's a novel thought but maybe if you're towelling guys up on the training track the coach may just believe you can play footy.
lol ive heard every kind of excuse under the sun now. i can name a few who train the house down but dont get a game.
so in your infinate wisdom at what point does performance take over from training. are you telling me all those at coburg dont train hard sheesh we are pathetic in our defense of under performing players.

So now Griffiths is underperforming.  What are you on about ?  It's clear to anyone that has attended any training at all that Griff and Dea were being groomed for first 22 roles due to their athletic and footy attributes.  But you talk endlessly about Coburg form and use that as the be all and end all of judging form.  Of games you haven't even seen.

the claw

« Reply #736 on: June 10, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »
are you asking did he earn a game the answer is no. yet we gave him one and he went okay. ive asked we do similar with others. ie arnot. would like to see post derickx and elton get a game.
on griffiths i still think hes a ff. and i still think he has done little to warrant all the wraps on him. let him prove himself but give him every opportunity to do so.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, what players show on the training track, you know the other 45 hours they're at the club may contribute in any way to how they're viewed by the MC.  It's a novel thought but maybe if you're towelling guys up on the training track the coach may just believe you can play footy.
lol ive heard every kind of excuse under the sun now. i can name a few who train the house down but dont get a game.
so in your infinate wisdom at what point does performance take over from training. are you telling me all those at coburg dont train hard sheesh we are pathetic in our defense of under performing players.

So now Griffiths is underperforming.  What are you on about ?  It's clear to anyone that has attended any training at all that Griff and Dea were being groomed for first 22 roles due to their athletic and footy attributes.  But you talk endlessly about Coburg form and use that as the be all and end all of judging form.  Of games you haven't even seen.
do i and here i was thinking i advocated we should give blokes like griffiths arnott post derickx a game regardless of coburg form. oh well back to the drawing board

ive also said i think it would be astute if they reward some of those who have performed at coburg especially when we have similar players  in the team  who have done nothing for weeks on end.
what do i cop  the most ridiculous comment about players who train well. so as long as they train well they dont have to play well is that it.
 nice try bud but your looking  sillier every minute.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #737 on: June 10, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »
What richmond listed players are

A) not have injury
B) not already in senior team
C) got good coburg form

Looking forward to the answer

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #738 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:12 AM »

do i and here i was thinking i advocated we should give blokes like griffiths arnott post derickx a game regardless of coburg form. oh well back to the drawing board

ive also said i think it would be astute if they reward some of those who have performed at coburg especially when we have similar players  in the team  who have done nothing for weeks on end.
what do i cop  the most ridiculous comment about players who train well. so as long as they train well they dont have to play well is that it.
 nice try bud but your looking  sillier every minute.
OK I'm silly.  I have no stuffing idea what you're talking about.

This is the Ben Griffiths thread.  You talk about gifted games.  Something, given what I have seen and heard I disagree with.  You raise no counter points, but I'm silly.  Ohh and by the way it's not about training well per se, but what they show and how.  The structures, the individual match ups and then seeing if they replicate that in isolation at Coburg,  Knowing that at AFL level you have better quality teammates to rely on and a more cohesive plan.

Ohh I forgot.  Your opinion is all that counts.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #739 on: June 10, 2012, 01:46:13 AM »
Agree with HK. Some of the blokes at Coburg are stiff but as a tall defender you don't need to get BOGs in the magoos to earn a game with Richmond. The MC just need to be confident that you can do a job. They have that confidence in Griffo and Dea. I personally think they've both been handy down back.

If you have a midfielder playing average footy in the twos and he gets a game then that's different.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #740 on: June 10, 2012, 01:50:33 AM »
Whos in the 2nd boat?

White. Whos had 84 chances.

I cannot think of anyone outside aarnot whod id like given a go.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #741 on: June 10, 2012, 08:55:02 AM »
Griff was the best option to replace an injured player. Thats not being gifted a game.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #742 on: June 10, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
Griff was the best option to replace an injured player. Thats not being gifted a game.
No you're wrong.  claw said so.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #743 on: June 10, 2012, 10:05:32 AM »
Need Grimes back

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #744 on: June 10, 2012, 04:45:21 PM »
He is a forward! That is all!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #745 on: June 10, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »
listen, Im prepared to accept the conditions didnt exactly suit TALLS...Griff certainly didnt show his best hand....wouldnt go to town on him on that performance, Ivan was ordinary also...time to recharge and go again next week, he's in the team until grimesys abck at least and then some
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #746 on: June 10, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
no he was the only option.
all im saying is and everyone knows it. is griffiths did not earn a game thru good performances at coburg. this after the club had loudly said no young players would be gifted games unless they performed. if need hadnt arisen he would probably still be languishing at coburg.

griff got a game and he hadnt done much you can argue all you like over that but thems the facts.
if we can give big ben a game  give others a go as well especially when we get insipid performances week in week out from players. thats all ive said  arnot was one i wanted them to give a game to. ohanlin has hardly torn it up for weeks on end yet look what happens when they surround him with some decent players and give him a game he performs. elton post astbury dericks   just play em when fit like griffiths they will give a bit.
i have repeatedly said i dont have a problem with them gifting griffiths a game   just that i wish they would do the same with others. but that goes against what people think on here they prefer to see players like vickery stink it up week after week and make the others earn a game at coburg. has anyone seen coburg play bloody hell cotchin would struggle to dominate week after week they are terrible.

fine people dont think he was gifted a game but thats all we arguing here its not worth getting your knickers in a knot ladies. you can keep the attitude of they dont get things wrong at richmond.

just to finish ive also said and asked shouldnt they be giving those who have played well a game as well webberley is one who comes to mind how many times has graham been in the best players the last 6 weeks.  matt white is another  what do all of the players think when they see these blokes never being given a chance.

but why do i bother it seems you lot dont want contemplate the novel idea that just perhaps they have got some things wrong.

im sick to death of hearing the excuse that we dont have options well we bloody do we just choose to persevere with hacks and you lot defend em to the hilt.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #747 on: June 10, 2012, 05:14:58 PM »
Agree with HK. Some of the blokes at Coburg are stiff but as a tall defender you don't need to get BOGs in the magoos to earn a game with Richmond. The MC just need to be confident that you can do a job. They have that confidence in Griffo and Dea. I personally think they've both been handy down back.

If you have a midfielder playing average footy in the twos and he gets a game then that's different.

Looking more and more like a player each week. Clean hands yesterday while the others played with soap. Woahhhhh  :shh

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #748 on: June 10, 2012, 05:23:33 PM »
no he was the only option.

....blah blah blah....

im sick to death of hearing the excuse that we dont have options well we bloody do we just choose to persevere with hacks and you lot defend em to the hilt.

:huh
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #749 on: June 10, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »

Looking more and more like a player each week. Clean hands yesterday while the others played with soap. Woahhhhh  :shh

I think it was the second quarter, weaved really well through some traffic across the back of the square. I can't remember the disposal though  :laugh: