Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452612 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #930 on: June 01, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »
I bet my left nut - if griffo goes Sydney he will kill it.

If Griff goes anywhere he will kill it.
If he stays at Richmond he will be remembered fondly like other big blokes like
Richard Lounder
Robert Schaefer
Ty Esler
David Honybun
Wayne Thornborrow
Stephen Jurica
Shane Morrison
Luke Weller
Mark Stockdale

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #931 on: June 02, 2013, 12:01:02 AM »
PUT GRIFF FORWARD FOR 6 WEEKS..FFS HARDWICK!

HERE HERE!!!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #932 on: June 02, 2013, 09:10:27 AM »

I will add my right one to that mix and make it a pair!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #933 on: June 02, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
Mitch Morton says hi

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: June 02, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
The worst bit about this is, although Griff is young and can kick a country mile, he hasent got much else. A. Edwards is older and likes a beer to much but he is a much better player than Griff.
Forward, back, at the moment he is VFL standard, sorry to say. Don't think he has improved in his 3 years at the club.
How bad must DH rate him if he cannot even get a game in our side, let alone a forwardline that is non existent..
Earn your spot for your ability not your age bracket.
Don't even get me started on Astbury.  :banghead

BT, we wouldn't really know how much Griff has mate at FF, we haven't had the balls to play him there long enough. Sydney will though...... :banghead

If Sydney get their grubby mits on Griff then they will make him a star and Richmond FC will have no one else to blame but themselves.

WTF has happened over the last 12 months - Petterd, Edwards, Stephenson, Lonergan etc etc etc. Its all rubbish. Richmond never learns its just Recycle Recycle Recycle. Just so that afew people can say they did a job and found a moneyball recruit. As Tucker likes to say - MALAKIES!

What did we give up for these malakies Ramps?
How many more 18 yos should we have picked up in last years draft?
How do we prevent further global warming
Did FJ hear the sound of one hand clapping  when taking a dump in the forest during the 2009 draft?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #935 on: June 02, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
The worst bit about this is, although Griff is young and can kick a country mile, he hasent got much else. A. Edwards is older and likes a beer to much but he is a much better player than Griff.
Forward, back, at the moment he is VFL standard, sorry to say. Don't think he has improved in his 3 years at the club.
How bad must DH rate him if he cannot even get a game in our side, let alone a forwardline that is non existent..

BT, we wouldn't really know how much Griff has mate at FF, we haven't had the balls to play him there long enough. Sydney will though...... :banghead

If Sydney get their grubby mits on Griff then they will make him a star and Richmond FC will have no one else to blame but themselves.

WTF has happened over the last 12 months - Petterd, Edwards, Stephenson, Lonergan etc etc etc. Its all rubbish. Richmond never learns its just Recycle Recycle Recycle. Just so that afew people can say they did a job and found a moneyball recruit. As Tucker likes to say - MALAKIES!

Did FJ hear the sound of one hand clapping  when taking a dump in the forest during the 2009 draft?
F. J will look back on 2009 and cringe.
I wouldn't be suprised if he wakes up at night with the sweats on how bad his 2009 has turned out for him. 
The club should thank him for his services with a Mickey Mouse watch and pay some coin for a decent recruiting manager that can choose beyond the first round.
It's becoming increasingly obvious that he isn't up to it.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #936 on: June 02, 2013, 03:41:27 PM »

That makes you and Bents a pair of nuts?  Is that what you mean?   ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #937 on: June 02, 2013, 04:30:13 PM »
I'm regards to Griff not kicking bags of goals in the 2s.

Not many would given the lack of quality in Coburg midfield

the claw

« Reply #938 on: June 17, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »

F. J will look back on 2009 and cringe.
I wouldn't be suprised if he wakes up at night with the sweats on how bad his 2009 has turned out for him. 
The club should thank him for his services with a Mickey Mouse watch and pay some coin for a decent recruiting manager that can choose beyond the first round.
It's becoming increasingly obvious that he isn't up to it.
lol so i take it hes already cringing at 05, 06, 07, 08 and now 09.
a sneak peak at 2010 and its looking shakey as well.
i cant believe people defend jackson.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #939 on: June 18, 2013, 09:24:03 AM »

No he was speaking metaphorically, referring to testicle so that would make them a pair of testicles
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #940 on: June 18, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »
I'm regards to Griff not kicking bags of goals in the 2s.

Not many would given the lack of quality in Coburg midfield

McBean has kicked a few, as a first year player. In fact from memory he's kicked a couple even when we've been flogged. Stop making excuses for Griff. All he needs to do is string a couple of strong and hungry games together in the twos. Not that hard for a player of his size, talent and experience.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #941 on: June 18, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »

No he was speaking metaphorically, referring to testicle so that would make them a pair of testicles

;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #942 on: June 18, 2013, 12:16:34 PM »
McBean has kicked a few, as a first year player.

:yep

In fact from memory he's kicked a couple even when we've been flogged.

Yes from the little I have seen McBean has been very efficient given the lack of forward entries and the low quality of ball to him.

Stop making excuses for Griff.

I am not. I am simply pointing out the facts.

From the little of Coburg I have said Griffo has been playing full back and has down a reasonable job.

Infact I believe after round one he had the most 'one percenters' and he seemed to carry this over to VFL, some good closing speed for a big guy and Grimes-like punches when following the full forward on a lead.

He has played at least some of the VFL season in the backline. So to kick goals when this is the scenario is tough. Last game against Collingwood he showed aggression but was only moved to the forward line in the latter part of the game when the situation was unattainable.

Vlastuin, Knights etc. no longer play for Coburg so if Griffiths does play forward he will be presented the ball by the like of Verrier and Abdullah whos kicking abilities is are below top rate.

All he needs to do is string a couple of strong and hungry games together in the twos. Not that hard for a player of his size, talent and experience.

Griff has played 19 games of AFL. 21 years old.

At 2 meters tall he is genuine ruck height. Some people say a ruckman wont reach his best untill 24-26 if not later...

At the end of the day we are pumping games into McGaune and Aaron Edwards. Proven middle (to lower) ablity players. We have some talented prospects in; Griffiths, McBean, Elton, Astbury, OHanlon. From the hardwick perspective we are winning games so playing kids who might be worse in the short term but turn into top liners doesn't worry him  :-\

*for more information on this topic and other interesting Richmond related list management developments please follow the link: http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=442 :police:

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #943 on: June 18, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
You make some interesting points and I don't think we differ too much in our analysis. I just don't think Griff is doing enough to warrant senior selection atm and I don't think it will necessarily hinder his development to fight it out for a bit in the twos.
Maguane and Edwards are necessary 'bridging' players until our more talented talls are ready. Azza has earnt a chance in the seniors, despite a very quiet game on a day that was tough for marking players.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #944 on: June 18, 2013, 12:29:18 PM »
He will take a while to reach his peak but 4 touches is stuffing pathetic.