Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452612 times)

dwaino

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1305 on: February 18, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
 :lol :clapping

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1306 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »

Gives against the grain of peoples comments hebisnlucky to br  on the list... innit

:huh

Bents, for the love of all things comprehensible, get off your 'smart'phone and go back to a PC with a proper keyboard and large letters!

;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1307 on: February 18, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »
He is on a PC.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:12:50 PM by one-eyed »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1308 on: February 18, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »
joe daniher had 7 touches and kicked 2 goals and has been hailed as a messiah, a superstar, a gun, the next simon madden, and been handed a lucrative clearasil endorsement

griff not far behind then, someone call regaine  :cheers :clapping
:lol :lol :lol

He is on a PC.
:lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:13:15 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1309 on: February 18, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
lmao
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1310 on: February 18, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »
joe daniher had 7 touches and kicked 2 goals and has been hailed as a messiah, a superstar, a gun, the next simon madden, and been handed a lucrative clearasil endorsement

At least Big Ben can kick. Daniher is quite possibly the worst kick in senior footy!  :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1311 on: February 18, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »

At least Big Ben can kick. Daniher is quite possibly the worst kick in senior footy!  :lol
Was quite an achievement to get the ball to land further from goal than where he kicked it from with that shot in the 2nd quarter.  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1312 on: February 18, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
If we are going to believe what you say, Mr claw -

195+ 24 (griffonaught 200/22)

Griff should be given another two season honey moon period  :huhu

It does go against the grain of peoples comments is. Should have been delisted @21/200

Oh dear oh dear. What tangled webs we weave.

Gerks mate but did plugger have flowing locks? Nae but he could kick 60m+

#StandByGriffiths

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:16:25 PM by one-eyed »

gerkin greg

« Reply #1313 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:49 PM »
I am pro baldness you racist ****

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #1314 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:17 PM »

Gives against the grain of peoples comments hebisnlucky to br  on the list... innit

:huh

Bents, for the love of all things comprehensible, get off your 'smart'phone and go back to a PC with a proper keyboard and large letters!

;D
:lol

Present for Judge Bents

tony_montana

« Reply #1315 on: February 18, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »
 :lol

the claw

« Reply #1316 on: February 18, 2014, 08:42:30 PM »
i got the idea from a poster many yrs ago who had done the homework  of time frames for each type.  it seemed to run true in most cases so i have applied it myself and it still seems to run true most of the time.
 its a loose guide of when players of differing sizes click. of course there are many variables some are players coming from different back grounds ie basketball as a junior. size hamish hartlett was always going to be a very good player at worst but he was going to take longer to click than most because he was 6o comething kg wringing wet when drafted. mcbean will take time to really hit his straps in certain areas. it may be hes 24 before we see something close to his full potential.  players must have enough good attributes as well  you know all the basics are there.
anyway it goes
smalls by 20
medium/tall by  22.
talls above 195 by 24.
all players if circumstances permit should show some sort of improvement each yr as they go. it isnt a hard process to go thru and it gives a general idea of when players should have for want of a better word clicked.

its this process combined with a few other things that rarely sees me call for a players head inside of 4 yrs. if there hasnt been enough improvement or they have too many weaknesses i certainly criticise as they go  but i tend to give em plenty of time before calling for a cull.
Did you see any improvement in Ben from just the one practice game?

who judges  players on practice games.
simply put the criticism of griffiths is hes now 22 hes in yr 5 and in his first 4 yrs couldnt get a kick at coburg and showed little improvement as hes gone. i think what criticism hes copped is deserved.
yep there are some compelling excuses for him the least of which is injury.  imo based on what has gone before and at  age 22 and in yr 5 i think its fair to ask he  he take it up a notch or two and actually shows he belongs at the level.
hes done so little in 4 yrs who could blame the club if they had cut him.
what to expect from him. for me id like to see him taking plenty of contested marks crashing packs and kicking goals at coburg and forcing his way into the seniors. he needs to play probably 10 senior games this yr and show the needed improvment in those games.

its funny i wanted to give post one more yr because of that process i posted. as low as i rate griffiths atm im certainly not one  who advocated we cut him.
what none can deny is hes on thin ice and he has to go up a gear or two to justify his spot.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:18:26 PM by WilliamPowell »

Gigantor

« Reply #1317 on: February 18, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
Hmm I don't want to see Griff crashing packs as I fear he will break into a thousand pieces

the claw

« Reply #1318 on: February 18, 2014, 09:51:58 PM »
Hmm I don't want to see Griff crashing packs as I fear he will break into a thousand pieces
if the club actually thinks that way they would have cut him.
at his size to be a really effective afl player he just has to find some aggression, start taking marks and competing for everything. if he cant do this he will fail. he has 12mnths to show he can do it and his body can stand up to the rigours of this level.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1319 on: February 18, 2014, 09:59:06 PM »

cutting the pricks in the pack into a thousand :shh