Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452611 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1425 on: March 11, 2014, 07:44:26 PM »
ok on topic.  and calling it as it is.

whats he done to date. stuff all.
to date hes been a hack  hes lucky to be on the list.  lol at all the joy over a praccie match.
lets see when the real stuff begins if this hack can improve. and he better improve or he will be gonski.

Was it not only a couple days ago you said

My mate has a theory 200cms are not sposed to come good until 24
and that has exactly what to do with what ive said here.
its a theory  about blokes clicking at 24 it also means they should show something as they go.its a guide and it should be used with common sense and in conjunction with all other factors. its not there to justify backing in blokes who have shown nothing over 4 yrs..

besides im over having to justify my comments on here. you can  either take em as they are meant, or  read into em what you like as is the wont of posters around here.. theres also the option to ignore em alltogether i dont care.

me i wouldt be defending  a bloke who in 4 yrs has done virtually nothing,  with little or no improvement. to date hes been a hack struggling to get a kick at coburg.  not sure what you think is wrong with that comment. its a fact. and yes im cynical about praccie match form.

truth is with what hes shown hes lucky to survive  the cut this yr.  they did shop him around and there was no takers.

if i had one word to sum up his career to date it would be dud/ or hack. and he damn well better show some decent improvement  and consistency if he wants to survive.

He is save for at least two more years regardless, remember?  :whistle

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1426 on: March 11, 2014, 07:52:23 PM »
Best 22

Eos haters
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1427 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:23 PM »
Hugely important if we are going to take the next step and be a top four side.  Both Griffiths and Elton fall into that category so I hope they both come along…. :pray
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #1428 on: March 12, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »

me i wouldt be defending  a bloke who in 4 yrs has done virtually nothing,  with little or no improvement. to date hes been a hack struggling to get a kick at coburg.  not sure what you think is wrong with that comment. its a fact. and yes im cynical about praccie match form.

I cut him some slack because although he's been on the list 4 years, he was injured for the first 18 months. Shoulder recos take a while to get over. Can't show much when you're not on the park

Also played mainly in the backline and I think he is a more natural forward and that's where his heart is and where he wants to play. Seems he's got his chance now so it's up to him to grab it.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #1429 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »

I cut him some slack because although he's been on the list 4 years, he was injured for the first 18 months. Shoulder recos take a while to get over. Can't show much when you're not on the park

Also played mainly in the backline and I think he is a more natural forward and that's where his heart is and where he wants to play. Seems he's got his chance now so it's up to him to grab it.

My observation is that he lacks confidence, he needs to take them on, has plenty of talent 2014 is Big Benny G's year....... Go for it mate....
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »
 :clapping

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
Over to you, big Ben...

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2014, 11:42:17 PM »
He just needs to grow the stuff up... But so do a lot of them. Jacky, Vicky....
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2014, 11:46:41 PM »
Griffiths' need to grow down, not up....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1434 on: March 14, 2014, 09:36:04 AM »
Griff has gone missing at times in the past so having him play for periods in the ruck will be great for his confidence and force him into the action where his speed, leap and boot can be a weapon. I'm not expecting a massive amount from him up forward for his first game but hope he can outscore the opposition in the ruck and around the ground. I have high hopes. Keep up the preseason for Griffo! :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1435 on: March 14, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
got a good feeling he will be the man this year
SO LET IT BE WRITTEN
so let it be done
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1436 on: March 14, 2014, 06:38:18 PM »
got a good feeling he will be the man this year
SO LET IT BE WRITTEN
so let it be done

:clapping

I never doubted him for a minute

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1437 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »

So our medical staff played him injured during his first season did they? FMD. Did Chutney tell you that.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1438 on: March 14, 2014, 06:56:21 PM »

So our medical staff played him injured during his first season did they? FMD. Did Chutney tell you that.

Where did I say the medics played him injured  :huh

I didn't . Claw said he'd shown nothing in 4 years

Just pointed out He had shoulder surgery during his first season. A Shoulder reco and then the other one the following year

So considering he didn't play much in his the first couple of years because of injury, I don't buy the "he's shown nothing in 4 years"

As I said bit hard to show anything when you're not able to get the park
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1439 on: March 14, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »

Where did I say the medics played him injured  :huh

I didn't . Claw said he'd shown nothing in 4 years

Just pointed out He had shoulder surgery during his first season. A Shoulder reco and then the other one the following year

So considering he didn't play much in his the first couple of years because of injury, I don't buy the "he's shown nothing in 4 years"

As I said bit hard to show anything when you're not able to get the park

You said he was injured for the first 18 months. He played football for Coburg and Richmond in his first season. Therefore you think the medical team said he could play even though he was injured. If he was injured 'for the first 18 months' then he shouldn't have played or trained.