Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452630 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1560 on: May 02, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »
Wondering whether as a result of your Griffiths, Arnots etc getting dropped when they clearly see teammates performing poorly but still getting rewarded its the crux of the culture issue with discontent amongst the squad. I know in a work situation you then are happy to see the "golden boys" fail which really isn't an ideal environment in a team situation

more jobs for the boys than  kim jong un

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1561 on: May 02, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
Does Vickery have photos or something  :banghead Teachers pet or what

To be fair he was at least dropped for a couple of games.
If he has a stinker on Sunday, will he be dropped again?

Quite possibly.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1562 on: May 02, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
Watching Ben last week and his non chasing.knew he would be dropped
Have no issue with Ben or Arnott going
Although
Grigg and Edwards getting games is a disgrace

as opposed to hampson and chaplin who were chasing heroically?

Actually Hampson and Chaplin did chase last week
You want to watch Shaun Grigg chase and tackle
He should be dropped as well

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1563 on: May 02, 2014, 12:40:33 PM »
Dropping one player after one poor match and retaining others who have performed badly over an extended period of time is a poor decision which is bound to exacerbate the already poor culture at the club.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1564 on: May 02, 2014, 04:55:39 PM »
Nothing anyone will say will shed light on the disgrace that is dropping Griffiths.

Did he have a good game last weekend? No. He had a bad game without it being a shocker. Against the Hawks mind you.
Griffiths has had probably 3 very good games 2 good games and 1 bad game. How does that make sense to a dropping?

If we were a top 4 side you'd be saying, stiff Griffo but better players are coming back, he'll get another chance. We are a bottom 8 side 2 and 4 with a side full of pretenders and 1 way runners.

Picking a well out of form, heart not in it, Vickery and a recycled dud in Aaron Edwards over a kid that could be our future CHF is an absolute outrage.
Go Tigers!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1565 on: May 02, 2014, 10:33:28 PM »
Unlucky to be dropped but the reaction is akin to Putins invasion. Relax people.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #1566 on: May 02, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »
BBBBBG.

Bring back big bad Benny Griffiths.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1567 on: May 03, 2014, 12:12:38 AM »
Unlucky to be dropped but the reaction is akin to Putins invasion. Relax people.
Come on! Putin's invasion wasn't that bad! 
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1568 on: May 03, 2014, 12:40:02 AM »
Its actually ridiculous.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1569 on: May 03, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »
Nothing anyone will say will shed light on the disgrace that is dropping Griffiths.

Did he have a good game last weekend? No. He had a bad game without it being a shocker. Against the Hawks mind you.
Griffiths has had probably 3 very good games 2 good games and 1 bad game. How does that make sense to a dropping?

If we were a top 4 side you'd be saying, stiff Griffo but better players are coming back, he'll get another chance. We are a bottom 8 side 2 and 4 with a side full of pretenders and 1 way runners.

Picking a well out of form, heart not in it, Vickery and a recycled dud in Aaron Edwards over a kid that could be our future CHF is an absolute outrage.

Agree 100%

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1570 on: May 03, 2014, 10:37:45 AM »
Stupid , hopefully it doesn't kill his confidence again - I thought Griff and Ashby are the only improvements on last year

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1571 on: May 03, 2014, 10:50:33 AM »

:banghead

the claw

« Reply #1572 on: May 03, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »

sorry pope but i disagree.
griffiths showed improvment and a willingness to have a real go.  most of his games have been barely passable  lets say servicable. 
he had to be in some sort of strife if he dropped away.
dont get me wrong here. apart from last week i think hes shown enough to be played and we continue to get games into him and hope he continues to trend up in the main. i dont think one stinker should see him dropped. but i dont think hes been some great revelation either like most are making him out to be.

im against bringing vickery back in as well he hasnt improved a thing  or really earnt a recall.  some may argue this based on last week and a few nice stats.
personally,  knowing we will atm get less out of him,  id play elton instead of vickery. keep griffiths and structure up with the three talls and have azza edwards play as a marking medium who will be tough to match up on. im happy to lose a little now to gain hopefully a lot down the track.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1573 on: May 03, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »

sorry pope but i disagree.
griffiths showed improvment and a willingness to have a real go.  most of his games have been barely passable  lets say servicable. 
he had to be in some sort of strife if he dropped away.
dont get me wrong here. apart from last week i think hes shown enough to be played and we continue to get games into him and hope he continues to trend up in the main. i dont think one stinker should see him dropped. but i dont think hes been some great revelation either like most are making him out to be.

im against bringing vickery back in as well he hasnt improved a thing  or really earnt a recall.  some may argue this based on last week and a few nice stats.
personally,  knowing we will atm get less out of him,  id play elton instead of vickery. keep griffiths and structure up with the three talls and have azza edwards play as a marking medium who will be tough to match up on. im happy to lose a little now to gain hopefully a lot down the track.
I am finding I am agreeing with you more and more claw.  Not sure if that's a worry or not!
But hey, I would love them to bring in Elton too and give him half a dozen games to see if we can improve him.  He and Griffiths and McBean are our talls and need to be played to develop them although the latter needs more body development time before he plays seniors.  Happy to go backwards to go forwards too. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #1574 on: May 03, 2014, 04:26:57 PM »
Just my 2 cents worth here.I think Griff has shown significant improvement on last year,however I think he has some glaring faults .One being his intensity .Two his willingness to get involved.This kid has all the skills and more ,he just needs to get hungry .At this stage I aint sure he has that in his DNA