Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452643 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1695 on: June 01, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
Was very poor last night.
Love what he can bring to the table but just doesn't show it often enough.  Having the likes of Grigg and co. zig zagging the ball down to you doesn't help.

Needs to play in a winning team - our VFL team!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1696 on: June 01, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »
The delivery into the forward line was horrible...not surprised Ben ( and jack) struggled to get a kick.
Unleash the tornado

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1697 on: June 01, 2014, 09:13:55 PM »
I still think it's worth persevering with him because the club hasn't developed him properly and he's having to experience the steep learning curve of figuring stuff out himself. We kicked 3 goals up until 3/4 time so it's not like he had his chances. As someone mentioned earlier, he probably should be thrown in the ruck to get him a bit involved when there's zero supply to the F50 because he's not a bad ruckman

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1698 on: June 01, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »
If the kid is fit play him regardless.
Have to work out 100% whether the kid has what it takes at AFL level one way or another.
I say play him for the rest of the year.
Sickery has had his chances.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1699 on: June 01, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
I agree, play him every game in, or else next year hell be playing for sydney or geelong

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1700 on: June 02, 2014, 10:14:33 AM »
I reckon give him a crack down back to fill Astbury's spot and see how he goes. Season is over, time to start experimenting with kids. If they don't make that move, bring in Elton to fill Astbury.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1701 on: June 02, 2014, 10:19:14 AM »
I agree we need to keep playing him but if he wants to be the man at CHF he has got to lift his work rate by about 250%.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1702 on: June 02, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
I agree we need to keep playing him but if he wants to be the man at CHF he has got to lift his work rate by about 250%.
I hope he reads comments like these because they hit the nail on the head. :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1703 on: June 02, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
Frustrating thing is when the forwards do lead for the ball the midfields give off a extra 2-3 handballs before they even think about kicking it forward. vy that time that ball is going back the other way turned over. How the hell is any player meant to read poo like that. Frustrating watching it at the game cause when l see it on the replay it don't show what's happening up the ground.

tony_montana

« Reply #1704 on: June 02, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »
Sure he had a stinker on sat night, but I find talk of him not working hard enough puzzling. Regularly lays tackles, chases harasses more than any other tall fwd we have

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1705 on: June 02, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
Sure he had a stinker on sat night, but I find talk of him not working hard enough puzzling. Regularly lays tackles, chases harasses more than any other tall fwd we have

Agree Tony.  He was far from the worst this week and has shown he is willing to do the chasing. Some on here just seem to pick particular players and never let up on them despite there being many that are way down on the standards that should be set. You only hear form these posters when we loose or the player they dislike has a bad one. To me he has been our best foward this year and that includes Jack.  Some  forget that it was game number 28 for Ben, and that he is 200cm tall. These guys take time.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1706 on: June 02, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »

well he didn't do much in the 1st half from what l seen l big kick to lalallalalalalas

best forward Fluffy Tiger  ;D How many goals has he kicked in the seniors. Why was he dropped. He has no idea in that brain of his on Saturday night. He was found out by not doing the hard work required to by a AFL forward. his standard at present is VFL

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1707 on: June 02, 2014, 02:50:21 PM »
I said better for the year, Jack has had one game but apart from that I think Ben has been better than Jack in more games. It not just goals Tigermonk. Who has been better in the foward line?

Now thats sad, "Who has been better than Ben?" is a question that makes me sad.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1708 on: June 02, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
I said better for the year, Jack has had one game but apart from that I think Ben has been better than Jack in more games. It not just goals Tigermonk. Who has been better in the foward line?

Now thats sad, "Who has been better than Ben?" is a question that makes me sad.

Don't be sad  :'(  ;D They all dopey down the forward end but if l had to say who has tryed the hardest & stood out l would have to say Shane Edwards  :lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1709 on: June 02, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »

Defensively I'd agree he's ok. Where Ben needs to improve dramatically is his offensive work rate.
Just doesn't push to anywhere near enough contests and his willingness to present time and time again with fast leads to open space just isn't there yet.
Needs to look at guys like Nick R, Cloke and Richo to see how hard they work to win the footy,

Hopefully will come with time. We have to persevere with him. He certainly has the tools to do it.