Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452608 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1710 on: June 02, 2014, 04:35:48 PM »
Agree needs to lift his work rate. Definitely worth persisting. Have too many talls in side at moment. Would drop Hampson. Have Maric in ruck and Griffiths goes into ruck when resting Maric in forwardline.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1711 on: June 02, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »
Has potential

Vast untapped resources of potential

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1712 on: June 02, 2014, 07:44:24 PM »
Games games games
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1713 on: June 02, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »
Sure he had a stinker on sat night, but I find talk of him not working hard enough puzzling. Regularly lays tackles, chases harasses more than any other tall fwd we have

Agree Tony.  He was far from the worst this week and has shown he is willing to do the chasing. Some on here just seem to pick particular players and never let up on them despite there being many that are way down on the standards that should be set. You only hear form these posters when we loose or the player they dislike has a bad one. To me he has been our best foward this year and that includes Jack.  Some  forget that it was game number 28 for Ben, and that he is 200cm tall. These guys take time.
Probably the stupidest thing I have read on this forum for awhile. Some people can debate whether player A is better than player B and there would be positives for both sides of the debate, but no one with even the tiniest bit of a brain could say Ben Griffiths has been our best forward this year.  I would bet that he has never even been in our best players in any game he has played this year. And the guy who you are judging him directly against is leading the Coleman medal. Not even in the same ball park.
Let me guess, he just needs to be given a run of games and he will turn it around!
He is only young!
He has been injured!
He has no confidence!
He is not one of Dimma's favourite!
He is only in his 28 game!
He is 200cm!
Just pathetic excuses for a lazy, soft, 200cm wimp that doesn't even deserve to be in the same forward line as Jack.
It's not players like 'money ballers' Thomas and Chaplin that make the Richmond FC poo, it's blokes like Griffiths that spend 4 years on our list to give what they did against Essendon. He takes a few marks in a practice match and a few against boys from GWS and some think he is the next Royce Hart.
The one decent thing he can do is kick the footy and what does he do when he eventually gets it against Essendon, is kick it short! Well f()k me!!!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1714 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »
Sure he had a stinker on sat night, but I find talk of him not working hard enough puzzling. Regularly lays tackles, chases harasses more than any other tall fwd we have

Agree Tony.  He was far from the worst this week and has shown he is willing to do the chasing. Some on here just seem to pick particular players and never let up on them despite there being many that are way down on the standards that should be set. You only hear form these posters when we loose or the player they dislike has a bad one. To me he has been our best foward this year and that includes Jack.  Some  forget that it was game number 28 for Ben, and that he is 200cm tall. These guys take time.
Probably the stupidest thing I have read on this forum for awhile. Some people can debate whether player A is better than player B and there would be positives for both sides of the debate, but no one with even the tiniest bit of a brain could say Ben Griffiths has been our best forward this year.  I would bet that he has never even been in our best players in any game he has played this year. And the guy who you are judging him directly against is leading the Coleman medal. Not even in the same ball park.
Let me guess, he just needs to be given a run of games and he will turn it around!
He is only young!
He has been injured!
He has no confidence!
He is 200cm!
Just pathetic excuses for a lazy, soft, 200cm wimp that doesn't even deserve to be in the same forward line as Jack.
It's not players like 'money ballers' Thomas and Chaplin that make the Richmond FC poo, it's blokes like Griffiths that spend 4 years on our list to give what they did against Essendon. He takes a few marks in a practice match and a few against boys from GWS and some think he is the next Royce Hart.
The one decent thing he can do is kick the footy and what does he do when he eventually gets it against Essendon, is kick it short! Well f()k me!!!

Good rant

I think the comment on the dumbest thing on here in a while is a big call though

Gigantor

« Reply #1715 on: June 02, 2014, 09:44:15 PM »
Tone I think Griff is blessed with more talent than most,however at this stage like many in the team he is not producing.In fact his inability to get to contests is rather worrying.....might show a lack of desire

tony_montana

« Reply #1716 on: June 02, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
don't think its a lack of desire, I see him chasing hard and tackling most weeks - a hell of a lot more than ive ever seen Tyrone do or any other tall do tbh. How many times have we seen Tyrone or any other tall lay 5-6 tackles a game? Griff has laid 5 or more tackles 5 times out of his 9 games this season. That for mine, shows he's neither lazy nor lacking in desire.

Think the fact hes only played 28 games may have something to do with how many touches hes currently getting. The fact he's pretty high up in contested marks shows that he needs to also learn how to get off the leash a bit more to find space and get some cheap ball - that will come. Lack of desire or lazy? I don't think so

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1717 on: June 02, 2014, 10:07:40 PM »

He is only young!
He has been injured!
He has no confidence!
He is 200cm!

Pls

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1718 on: June 02, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »

He is only young!
He has been injured!
He has no confidence!
He is 200cm!
What the hell are you talking about?
Do you watch the games?  Was terrible on Saturday but so were 20 others.
Before last week was 6th in the league for contested marks. In the league not Richmond. Is close to the highest rated player at Richmond when it comes to pressure acts.
Nearly won the game for us against he bulldogs with a goal nobody else in the side could have kicked. Set shot 55m out on the boundary.
Yeah he is only 22 with only 28 games. Theses are facts not excuses.
All the statistics point to the fact he is anything but lazy.
But hey you can rant and rave all you like. You blame our position on this guy? He is one of the few that has talent in the team. He actually can hit a man with a pass and can take a grab.

Big Tone, there are many others in the team that deserve that rant but not Griffiths. Yes he will get dropped because he is the sacrificial lamb, we all know that, but he needs to be persisted with.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #1719 on: June 02, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »

He is only young!
He has been injured!
He has no confidence!
He is 200cm!
What the hell are you talking about?
Do you watch the games?  Was terrible on Saturday but so were 20 others.
Before last week was 6th in the league for contested marks. In the league not Richmond. Is close to the highest rated player at Richmond when it comes to pressure acts.
Nearly won the game for us against he bulldogs with a goal nobody else in the side could have kicked. Set shot 55m out on the boundary.
Yeah he is only 22 with only 28 games. Theses are facts not excuses.
All the statistics point to the fact he is anything but lazy.
But hey you can rant and rave all you like. You blame our position on this guy? He is one of the few that has talent in the team. He actually can hit a man with a pass and can take a grab.

Big Tone, there are many others in the team that deserve that rant but not Griffiths. Yes he will get dropped because he is the sacrificial lamb, we all know that, but he needs to be persisted with.

Im glad Im not the only one that thinks this talk of griff not working hard is off the mark. High tackle count, high in pressure acts and contested marks paints a pretty obvious picture and it isn't one of a soft, lazy player lacking desire.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1720 on: June 02, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »
For someone who's just spent the past week defending Grigg, "big tone" sure calls a lot of players soft and lazy....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1721 on: June 02, 2014, 11:23:54 PM »
Big Tony Grigg  :clapping

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1722 on: June 02, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »
Said 4 weeks ago he can't play and never will

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1723 on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:25 PM »
Said 4 weeks ago he can't play and never will
So you wait until he plays a howler to post this? I could legitimately say nobody can play on our list after Saturday and it would be hard for anyone to argue!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1724 on: June 03, 2014, 07:15:55 AM »
I ink he question posed was what forward has been better than griffs

Lennon hasn't done much
King is awful
Tyrone keeps getting dropped for shyte ness
Jack has been poo outside of gws
Llyod has only had good patches

I'm not hearing many arguments in regards to the original question...