Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452611 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1875 on: July 04, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »
He's playing this week.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1876 on: July 04, 2014, 12:57:17 PM »
Don't want Higgins.  Spent most of his career injured.  Was a very good player once upon a time but constantly breaks down.  Griffiths injured again, hope we can finally get rid of this dud.  Don't know how he lasted for so long.  Non competitive.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1877 on: July 04, 2014, 01:40:42 PM »
Don't want Higgins.  Spent most of his career injured.  Was a very good player once upon a time but constantly breaks down.  Griffiths injured again, hope we can finally get rid of this dud.  Don't know how he lasted for so long.  Non competitive.

What about in a straight swap for Cotchin?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1878 on: July 04, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »
Prefer Ross Higgins from Kingswood Country....would put a rocket up those bloody wogs Deledio & Conca and Miss Smarty Pants Emu Legs Edwards....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1879 on: July 04, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »
Who said he's injured again? I thought he was back this week.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1880 on: July 04, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »
He has been named in the side but he was also on the injury list as 'Hip- test'

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1881 on: July 04, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »
He has been named in the side but he was also on the injury list as 'Hip- test'
Thanks BT. :thumbsup

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1882 on: July 04, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »
He's playing this week.

yep sure is playing in the VFL where he belongs  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1883 on: July 04, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Nice one Chris rock

the claw

« Reply #1884 on: July 04, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
for the griffiths lovers, are there any left i have a question.
if in charge of the list would you be planning the future around ben griffiths and i will throw vickery in as well, or would you be hedging your bets,
on exposed form and time in the system a person would be crazy to do so.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1885 on: July 04, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »
if in charge of the list would you be planning the future around ben griffiths and i will throw vickery in as well, or would you be hedging your bets,
I would always keep a 22 yo 200cm KPP that shows glimpses of talent rater than a 30+ year old has been. Many of these guys don't blossom till 24-25.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1886 on: July 04, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
On the 26th November 2009 two players careers held in the balance. At approximately 6:45pm the fortunes of both players were decided
Griffith to Richmond and Fyfe to Fremantle.

Would Fyfe be the player he is now if he was picked by us?

No doubt we'd be kicking ourselves yet again for picking a soft, pansy outside mid instead of a key position forward that's a solid mark and a booming kick.

RFC...  the wreckers of the AFL, ruining players careers and breaking hearts for 32 years.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1887 on: July 04, 2014, 11:50:57 PM »
On the 26th November 2009 two players careers held in the balance. At approximately 6:45pm the fortunes of both players were decided
Griffith to Richmond and Fyfe to Fremantle.

Would Fyfe be the player he is now if he was picked by us?

No doubt we'd be kicking ourselves yet again for picking a soft, pansy outside mid instead of a key position forward that's a solid mark and a booming kick.

RFC...  the wreckers of the AFL, ruining players careers and breaking hearts for 32 years.

While I agree we are bad at developing our own, Griffiths was a dud at junior level.   Fyfe at Richmond would still be on par with Dusty.  Unfortunately, he would have developed a bad habit of going backwards and sideways.

If we recruited Fyfe, Pavlich, Franklin, Roughhead, Heppell, even with the dud coaches and development team, we would be playing finals.  We have had our chances.  Great players don't need a lot of coaching, its the average ones that need everything to go their way to make it.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1888 on: July 05, 2014, 12:43:48 AM »

Yep l would take the challenge & have both them firing as solid KPF & have them kicking goals. Rewoldt would come down the ground & l would load up the forward line with solid body medium sized players to protect the leads & be right under them. That's how you build a team like l said years ago when we took Lids & Tambo. Hawks proved it by building around Franklin & Roughy & won 2 premierships while years later we found out we have the mids but lack good forwards apart from Junk Time Jack who misses the easiest goals. We still have a problem in the forward line but we also now have older midfielders as well. The problem with our forwards is they are all demanding the ball when they should be getting in the way of the defenders to stop the 2 or 3 on 1 contests. Happens year after year week after week. Its basic football. trash all this zoning crap. Griffiths at CHF with some confidence would nail goals 55 out. why go right into goals when you have a huge kicker to go over the top. l have only watched up to half way through the secnd quarter of last week & Richmond went down the guts & played great footy. l would have Vickery at FF & Griffiths at CHF & JR running free around the forward line. Laeve them there all year & make them work & they will learn what to do & gain confidence. No use dropping them & switching them to ruck or down back. make them permanent & keep them there.  Roach & Cloke worked. The CHF spot is very important. 1 quick kick out of the centre to a leading Griffith he would bang the ball easy. We must persist with Vickery & Griffiths & the most important is too draft a very young TAC ruck. Ellis & Martin roaming that forward 50 while Cotchin, Miles, Jackson, Vlaustin, Conca & a few others carry the ball. We have the players but they must work harder together. You will never win a premiership with a unstable team. Give them each 2 years to get it right or off with my head  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1889 on: July 05, 2014, 01:38:09 AM »
He's playing this week.

yep sure is playing in the VFL where he belongs  ;D

Maybe but would rather Griff than some of the other spuds