Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452606 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1935 on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »
Thought he had a good game. Played up and down the ground. Kicked a beautiful goal from a good mark. Set two others up with two thumping kicks deep into the forward zone.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1936 on: August 03, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »
Thought he had a good game. Played up and down the ground. Kicked a beautiful goal from a good mark. Set two others up with two thumping kicks deep into the forward zone.
What about the sitter he dropped from a kick in from GWS? 10m clear and sh/7 himself.
If you think that was a good game, I feel sorry for ya. And did I mention he didn't have a tackle.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1937 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
What about the sitter he dropped from a kick in from GWS? 10m clear and sh/7 himself.
If you think that was a good game, I feel sorry for ya. And did I mention he didn't have a tackle.
Probably should have said serviceable. He did make a tackle that led to a turnover for us through the pressure it caused but because it didn't "dispossess" the opponent it wasn't counted as a stat.

the claw

« Reply #1938 on: August 03, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »
there was 10 players who only had 1 or fewer tackles in this game. what a disgrace.

typical griffiths game where he shows the odd glimpse but there is little substance to his game. those glimpses keep on reeling them in.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1939 on: August 03, 2014, 01:50:44 PM »

In fairness big tone, he wasn't the only bloke to drop sitters yesterday

I thought he was OK, wasn't good, wasn't terrible like a couple of others, just went OK
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1940 on: August 03, 2014, 01:52:07 PM »
there was 10 players who only had 1 or fewer tackles in this game. what a disgrace.

typical griffiths game where he shows the odd glimpse but there is little substance to his game. those glimpses keep on reeling them in.
Did more than Riewoldt for the game. Nobody is suggesting we drop Jack. So he should be given another chance.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1941 on: August 03, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »

In fairness big tone, he wasn't the only bloke to drop sitters yesterday

I thought he was OK, wasn't good, wasn't terrible like a couple of others, just went OK
In fairness WP, none other stood out to me like that one.
But is that really the point? You have a guy trying to save his career and he drops sitters, misses goals and doesn't have a tackle in his first game back after getting two touches for an entire game.
Sorry mate, it's not good enough for a bloke in season 5.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1942 on: August 03, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »

Did more than Riewoldt for the game. Nobody is suggesting we drop Jack. So he should be given another chance.

Also he took a critical grab in either 3 or 4th quarter in the back half.

the claw

« Reply #1943 on: August 03, 2014, 03:03:35 PM »

dont think anyone has suggested he be dropped. yes riewoldt had a shocker and deserves criticism as well. thing is riewoldt has runs on the board and has actually played a lot of footy at the required level.
griffiths has hardly played a game at the required level in 5 yrs.

anyway you wont have to worry about griffiths being dropped. ATM THERE IS ONLY ONE OTHER OPTION AND THAT IS ELTON. Ist a sad state of affairs duds playing in the seniors and no juniors or reserves to put pressure on em and take their place.

Gigantor

« Reply #1944 on: August 03, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »
Don't think there are many clubs where if a key position players goes down or in this case suspended and theres a ready made  replacement

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1945 on: August 03, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

We were playing GWS, there was nothing "critical" in the game.  :lol

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1946 on: August 03, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »

dont think anyone has suggested he be dropped. yes riewoldt had a shocker and deserves criticism as well. thing is riewoldt has runs on the board and has actually played a lot of footy at the required level.
griffiths has hardly played a game at the required level in 5 yrs.

anyway you wont have to worry about griffiths being dropped. ATM THERE IS ONLY ONE OTHER OPTION AND THAT IS ELTON. Ist a sad state of affairs duds playing in the seniors and no juniors or reserves to put pressure on em and take their place.
Big tone suggested we drop him in the changes for the bombers thread. :whistle

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1947 on: August 03, 2014, 04:05:19 PM »

We were playing GWS, there was nothing "critical" in the game.  :lol

Did you see how close they came to beating us. We played crap and were lucky. It was a critical mark in the context of the game. Suggest you have another look at it..

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1948 on: August 03, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »
His long kicking is a brilliant weapon when playing ruck / when he's around backline

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1949 on: August 03, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »

I can understand  the frustration by some as he has ability to do play tall and small.
Did anyone notice he took 7 marks  and had 10 possessions  -  that's not bad 
We just need to keep playing him  , one mistake is just that, one mistake.