Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452628 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2100 on: August 18, 2014, 09:44:53 PM »
:lol
Biff has shown the ability to get two touches in an entire game.

Now you're just being facetious.

the claw

« Reply #2101 on: August 18, 2014, 09:45:37 PM »
most supporters are all chicken littles.
most can see we have to give up something to get something but steadfastly refuse to offer up a player who may become a decent player.a player who has some potential but has shown only the odd good sign here or there after 5 seasons.
people continually ignore his performances lock in on his potential and poo their pants at the thought of him becoming a decent player at another club. who gives a toss what he does at another club hes nothing but a means to an end to me.

me i couldnt give a toss if he stays or goes. his performances have been in the main lousy.whilst i would prefer to keep him over vickery that is not possible.i would happily trade him and our second rounder to carlton for their first rounder which would be a top 10 pick.the only trouble with trading for picks is i have little faith in our recruiters but i believe we need to go thru the process despite their lousy records.

we dont need 3 200cm ruck / fwds one is expendable, what we need is a genuine power fwd, a jtall agile gunston type  and a high quality super quick crumbing sml fwd. we also need a replacement combative ruckman for ivan in our system.

its unbelievable people scared of losing an  under performing player because they may one day become a good player.   seems most have not learnt a thing about what this club has got so wrong for so many yrs on end. no wonder edwards king newman and so so many others have played so many games for us for so little return.

me i want a decent pick to actually address a serious list deficiency we have 3 players who can never ever play in the same team ffs playing two of them is fraught with danger. one of em is expendable take your pick i really dont care which one goes my preference would be to foist vickery onto some unsuspecting club. but hey the chicken littles around here dont want to lose him either in fact they dont want to lose anyone who has some sort of worth. as long as they show some sort of potential all is good. its laughable.

Who are the two players that are in the team that shouldn't be in, IYO?

If Griffiths was to be traded, 2nd round pick? What would you want to get for that?
not naming names but nearly half of those who played on saturday night i would be looking to upgrade on over the next 3 yrs.
depending on pick and whos available id want to address any of,   power kpf/tallfwd, kpd,  real big inside mid, outside mid, sml med running defender sml/med classy quick  fwd. . combative ruckman. we lack depth imo in too many areas. what we do have is three 200cm fwd/rucks with no chance in the world of playing them all together yet alone playing 2 together.

heres a question for you how many do we need.

FF/  #### - Riewoldt 195cm/92kg - griffiths 200/202
HF/  #### - vickery 200/98 - mcbean 202/93 eventually 100kg

fair dinkum it aint going to happen ever.
even if you take out mcbean it is too top heavy and cumbersome.

now here is the sort of fwd structure id like for us to use. this is all about structure  player type and player dimensions if you like..  this is what id be chasing in up coming drafts  the next 2 or 3 yrs.

FF/  #### -  cloke 196/108 - gunston 193/85
hf/ ####  -  roughhead  193/100 - ####
R/ MARIC 200CM/ 102 BIG TOUGH COMBATIVE RUCKMAN
INT/  RYDER  197/92 MORE A RUCK ROVER BUT YOU DONT LOSE ANYTHING WHEN HE RUCKS. CAN GO FWD AND CAN COVER FOR INJURY THRU A GAME.

now i can think of a good junior prospect for each of these positions fairly early in the draft.

the claw

« Reply #2102 on: August 18, 2014, 09:46:38 PM »

may be hes being what you said but ffs you cant handle the truth and what he said is very close to the truth.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2103 on: August 18, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
I'd keep Griff over Vickery. Better mark, better contested mark, better kick and can ruck. :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2104 on: August 18, 2014, 10:13:14 PM »
If we lose this guy because he wants a second year and we only offer him one (a la Matty White) it will bite us in the ass massively.

He's not going to be on a lot of money.

And offers a shizzload more than Hampson.

Stephenson too old to ever be in our first 22.

So you have Maric, Hampson, Vickery and Griffiths.

Surely you rather ditch at least Hampson and maybe Vickery before Griffiths...?

tony_montana

« Reply #2105 on: August 18, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »
Would be very silly to not re-sign this bloke

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2106 on: August 18, 2014, 10:32:11 PM »

may be hes being what you said but ffs you cant handle the truth and what he said is very close to the truth.
Ben has averaged 9 disposals a game this year not 2. Just pointing out the slight inaccuracies…...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #2107 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »

Ben has averaged 9 disposals a game this year not 2. Just pointing out the slight inaccuracies…...
2 or 9 its abysmal get it. sheesh his record in the seconds over the entire journey wouldnt be much better.it wouldnt take much a couple of games to massively improve his ave poss per game they have been that low. 2 5 7 9 11 which ever number does it matter they are poor.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2108 on: August 18, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »

2 or 9 its abysmal get it. sheesh his record in the seconds over the entire journey wouldnt be much better.it wouldnt take much a couple of games to massively improve his ave poss per game they have been that low. 2 5 7 9 11 which ever number does it matter they are poor.
Jack averages 13 this year and the ball is almost always kicked to him inside 50.  Should we delist him too?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2109 on: August 18, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
Judging a developing tall fwd/ruckman on the number of possessions they get.. sheesh.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2110 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:39 AM »
most supporters are all chicken littles.
most can see we have to give up something to get something but steadfastly refuse to offer up a player who may become a decent player.a player who has some potential but has shown only the odd good sign here or there after 5 seasons.
people continually ignore his performances lock in on his potential and poo their pants at the thought of him becoming a decent player at another club. who gives a toss what he does at another club hes nothing but a means to an end to me.

me i couldnt give a toss if he stays or goes. his performances have been in the main lousy.whilst i would prefer to keep him over vickery that is not possible.i would happily trade him and our second rounder to carlton for their first rounder which would be a top 10 pick.the only trouble with trading for picks is i have little faith in our recruiters but i believe we need to go thru the process despite their lousy records.

we dont need 3 200cm ruck / fwds one is expendable, what we need is a genuine power fwd, a jtall agile gunston type  and a high quality super quick crumbing sml fwd. we also need a replacement combative ruckman for ivan in our system.

its unbelievable people scared of losing an  under performing player because they may one day become a good player.   seems most have not learnt a thing about what this club has got so wrong for so many yrs on end. no wonder edwards king newman and so so many others have played so many games for us for so little return.

me i want a decent pick to actually address a serious list deficiency we have 3 players who can never ever play in the same team ffs playing two of them is fraught with danger. one of em is expendable take your pick i really dont care which one goes my preference would be to foist vickery onto some unsuspecting club. but hey the chicken littles around here dont want to lose him either in fact they dont want to lose anyone who has some sort of worth. as long as they show some sort of potential all is good. its laughable.

Who are the two players that are in the team that shouldn't be in, IYO?

If Griffiths was to be traded, 2nd round pick? What would you want to get for that?
not naming names but nearly half of those who played on saturday night i would be looking to upgrade on over the next 3 yrs.
depending on pick and whos available id want to address any of,   power kpf/tallfwd, kpd,  real big inside mid, outside mid, sml med running defender sml/med classy quick  fwd. . combative ruckman. we lack depth imo in too many areas. what we do have is three 200cm fwd/rucks with no chance in the world of playing them all together yet alone playing 2 together.

heres a question for you how many do we need.

FF/  #### - Riewoldt 195cm/92kg - griffiths 200/202
HF/  #### - vickery 200/98 - mcbean 202/93 eventually 100kg

fair dinkum it aint going to happen ever.
even if you take out mcbean it is too top heavy and cumbersome.

now here is the sort of fwd structure id like for us to use. this is all about structure  player type and player dimensions if you like..  this is what id be chasing in up coming drafts  the next 2 or 3 yrs.

FF/  #### -  cloke 196/108 - gunston 193/85
hf/ ####  -  roughhead  193/100 - ####
R/ MARIC 200CM/ 102 BIG TOUGH COMBATIVE RUCKMAN
INT/  RYDER  197/92 MORE A RUCK ROVER BUT YOU DONT LOSE ANYTHING WHEN HE RUCKS. CAN GO FWD AND CAN COVER FOR INJURY THRU A GAME.

now i can think of a good junior prospect for each of these positions fairly early in the draft.

2 tall forwards i would have imo, with 2 half forwards, 1 lead up mid forward and 1 classy, quick small
forward ...

i agree playing McBean, Griffiths, Vickery, Reiwoldt is too tall. it is interesting that the club said it will
go for two things, a midfielder and a tall forward. we just need one of McBean, Vickery, Griffiths to start taking marks and kicking big goals ... McBean is very skinning with great skills. IMO Vickery is better in the Ruck and around the ground!

Retruiting Hampson was horrible! could never mark a football! so there is a ruckman gone! Vickery for him IMO.

but like you are saying, one of those three may need to
be traded. I am a Griffiths fan, but can see your point and i think it is a fair call too.

I would honestly don't know who to let go?

Funny how Alex Rance On The Couch said that Choco calls Griff a "tease"
just like a cute girl at a bar!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2111 on: August 19, 2014, 06:58:26 AM »
Would be very silly to not re-sign this bloke

agree

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2112 on: August 19, 2014, 07:05:22 AM »
Trade the bum and instead sign Chris knights huggins to another 3 years

Money better spent on the likes of him and matt Thomas
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2113 on: August 19, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »

He got 2 touches in round 12 against Nth, and then got rightly dropped.  :whistle
And in his 13 games this year he is yet to be in our best players.  :lol
He has improved this year, from being putrid to doing ok at times.  :clapping
I agree with Claw, we don't need all 3.
For once I'd like to see our club put their balls on the line and make a call that might come back to bite them BUT might also put us ahead of where we are. Picking up one decent kid each year in the draft just isn't enough to catch the top sides. That's why also I'd like us to take a FA as well. We are so far behind we need to be bold!!! Surely you can understand that?

Our drafting lately has been safe, picking players that if they fail in one position could maybe play in another. Bits and pieces players, glass half full types. If we think we need an on-baller, draft a genuine on-baller, one that is dominating at TAC level. Not a halfback flanker that we think maybe can turn into an on-baller.
Same goes for our ruckman and forwards. No more guys that are ok at both. Pick them for the potential of being stars in their position. 
It's embarrassing seeing genuine ruckman coming through each year in other sides and we have struggle to pick/develop a decent young ruckman since Mark Lee.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2114 on: August 19, 2014, 09:32:51 AM »

He got 2 touches in round 12 against Nth, and then got rightly dropped.  :whistle
And in his 13 games this year he is yet to be in our best players.  :lol
He has improved this year, from being putrid to doing ok at times.  :clapping
I agree with Claw, we don't need all 3.
For once I'd like to see our club put their balls on the line and make a call that might come back to bite them BUT might also put us ahead of where we are. Picking up one decent kid each year in the draft just isn't enough to catch the top sides. That's why also I'd like us to take a FA as well. We are so far behind we need to be bold!!! Surely you can understand that?

Our drafting lately has been safe, picking players that if they fail in one position could maybe play in another. Bits and pieces players, glass half full types. If we think we need an on-baller, draft a genuine on-baller, one that is dominating at TAC level. Not a halfback flanker that we think maybe can turn into an on-baller.
Same goes for our ruckman and forwards. No more guys that are ok at both. Pick them for the potential of being stars in their position. 
It's embarrassing seeing genuine ruckman coming through each year in other sides and we have struggle to pick/develop a decent young ruckman since Mark Lee.

i dont mind this as long as they dont sign up spuds like knights and thomas and then get rid of your griffiths types.

be consistent and get rid of all the list cloggers and trade out some players who have genuine currency like edwards and co, then grab a young star as well as a big FA.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.