Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452630 times)

the claw

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2265 on: September 23, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »
Pretty fair point

Jetta. McVeigh jack etc. Offer more protection to the kpps

Than grigg. Newman Thomas etc
would not give you two bob for lewis jetta what an over rated player.mcveigh who i think for yrs went under the radar is on the slippery slope down. jack well i wouldnt mind him at our club.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2266 on: September 23, 2014, 08:49:42 PM »
That was just off the top of my head

I can't spell mcglenn so i left him out

In general - the non KPP forward half pressure at Sydney, is top shelf.

Unlike that currently surrounding:  jack, Griff, Vickery and one day mcbean

Similar to freo with Walters types; As opposed to Newmans and griggs

Hence if Griff was at a top club his development would not follow an identical track / sliding doors
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:16:19 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2267 on: September 23, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »

I ccan't spell mcglenn so i left him out

In general - the non kpp forward half pressure at Sydneyiis top shelf

Unlike that currently surrounding jack, Griff, Vickery and one day mcbean

Similar to freo with Walters types. As opposed to Newman's and griggs

Hence if Griff was at a top club his development would not follow an identical track
Hit, Nail, Head.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2268 on: September 23, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »

Hence if Griff was at a top club his development would not follow an identical track

I like your posts Judge but you are too simplistic with your anti-Newman,Grigg, Thomas poo.
You are now blaming them for our forward line woes. At least have a crack at Flash and Shedwards here.
Our guns like Cotch  and Dust let us down massively in the elim. Take Newman and Grigg out of that team and replace them with decent players and we still would have been pansed. Stop playing them for everything.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2269 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »

I like your posts Judge but you are too simplistic with your anti-Newman,Grigg, Thomas poo.
You are now blaming them for our forward line woes. At least have a crack at Flash and Shedwards here.
Our guns like Cotch  and Dust let us down massively in the elim. Take Newman and Grigg out of that team and replace them with decent players and we still would have been pansed. Stop playing them for everything.
He is right overall though. Our on ballers just do not work hard enough running both ways. It's what differentiates us from Sydney, Hawthorn, Port and Freo.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2270 on: September 23, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »

You are probably right but it could be the case our bottom six are especially poor? Grigg plays hff tagger / tagger / one way running winger so to me that counts as forward line ppressure player. Newman has been 'reinvented' as a forward. I'm prettysure they are playing where other teams have jets

I agree the 'star' players could pull  the finger out when forward. Its doesn't help playing them hurt.

For mine Shane Edwards harrases / chases better than most. Gorodns running stats are sposed to be good.

All the guys I love are a bit fat and slow unfortunately;  Samuel Lloyd, arnot, mcdonuts,

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2271 on: September 23, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »

You are probably right but it could be the case our bottom six are especially poor? Grigg plays hff tagger / tagger / one way running winger so to me that counts as forward line ppressure player. Newman has been 'reinvented' as a forward. I'm prettysure they are playing where other teams have jets

I agree the 'star' players could pull  the finger out when forward. Its doesn't help playing them hurt.

For mine Shane Edwards harrases / chases better than most. Gorodns running stats are sposed to be good.

All the guys I love are a bit fat and slow unfortunately;  Samuel Lloyd, arnot, mcdonuts,

Agreed that our bottom six are poor. Also agree that our forward line pressure and overall defensive effort is not good enough.  But this is a coaching thing as much as a talent thing. You place too much of the blame on Newman, Grigg etc. Yes they need to be upgraded but they are not the root of all our problems. Sometimes i wonder if our top six are good enough. I certainly wonder if our coaching panel are good enough.

the claw

« Reply #2272 on: September 23, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »

gotta agree and what a tangent. why not mention the snl/med fwds if we are having a discusion aboput protection for the tall fwds and our ability to defend in the fwd half. newman thomas and grigg have nothing to do with it.

those mids best equipped to help out are deledio, martin ellis  and they are lousy defensively to go with a few others.ffs deledio and martin spend plenty of time fwd.

one thing for suure we dont have a rioli who is much maligned but would be the best sml fwd in the comp when it comes to tackles and pressure.
our talls are 200cm and slow or both our sml/med fwds just dont defend or work both ways and for the role are slow. yet judge blames newman thomas and grigg. an inside mid expected to win and dish the ball out in thomas who should not be expected to continuously go both ways and do his job , a defender newman and ffs our latest run with player in the midfield grigg who actually has had to be accountable to a player. weather hes done a godd job or not is another debate altogether.

finally ive posted up twice now what i would consider a high quality tall fwd set with plenty of pace and agility and not one person has made comment on it. the only conclusion i can come to with thats is people think we have a good enough tall fwd set up or they just dont want to acknowledge what needs to be done.
for the life of me who would not be over the moon with a tall fwd set up of riewoldt lamb and mccartin with griffiths or mcbean as a ruck/fwd. that is the sort of tall fwd set up we need to aspire to to get on level terms with a lot of clubs quality wise and be able to defend adequately in the back half.. yet deathly silence.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2273 on: October 01, 2014, 07:04:56 AM »
Congratulations to Benny Griffiths for winning the most improved player award.
Hope he can demand the ball more next year and be consistent and silence his critics. :clapping

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2274 on: October 01, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »
Hope he can demand the ball more next year and be consistent and silence his critics. :clapping

totally agree

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2275 on: October 01, 2014, 08:57:23 AM »
Surprised he didnt poll more votes due to the fact he can kick 65 metres

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2276 on: October 02, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »

Well deserved  :clapping. Hopefully he can win it again next year :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2277 on: October 02, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »

gotta agree and what a tangent. why not mention the snl/med fwds if we are having a discusion aboput protection for the tall fwds and our ability to defend in the fwd half. newman thomas and grigg have nothing to do with it.

wot ?

the claw

« Reply #2278 on: October 02, 2014, 08:09:53 PM »
oh hes really improved
hes now going at
9 disposals a game,
0.75 goals a game
3.1 mks a game with 1.09 of em contested.
3.7 h/o a game
1.83 tackles a game
3.8 cps
1.6 i50s a game

yep phenomenal performance  makes one ponder the improvement of others.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2279 on: October 02, 2014, 08:19:48 PM »
oh hes really improved
hes now going at
9 disposals a game,
0.75 goals a game
3.1 mks a game with 1.09 of em contested.
3.7 h/o a game
1.83 tackles a game
3.8 cps
1.6 i50s a game

yep phenomenal performance  makes one ponder the improvement of others.
This seasons stats are better claw. Average tackle count is 2.8 (best of our forwards), HO were 7.5 per game. Marks were up to 4.4 per game.

These stats don't show that he stood up in crunch moments in the year - match saving mark against the blues; goal from 55m out on the boundary to put us within a goal of the bulldogs in the last; match saving mark against the swans in the last game to help us sneak into the finals were just some that I can remember off the top of my head.  If you can't see any improvement in his game I suggest you go out and buy a labrador mate. :whistle