Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452632 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2520 on: May 08, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »
Bloke needs a rocket in the ass regarding his short range kicking for goal.

Missed a total sitter VS Carlton, another VS Footscray, and at least two VS Melbourne.

Unacceptable for a KPF!
Its been our problem for 20 years. Richo was a shocker, Jack will kick around a corner or pass it 20 meters backwards and Griff had a howler versus Melbourne. The captain can't kick a set shot and nail a goal.
The only bloke who has proven he can kick a goal under immense pressure was Jordan Mc Mahon and that cost us Jack Watts.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2521 on: May 08, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

Missed a total sitter VS Carlton, another VS Footscray, and at least two VS Melbourne.

Unacceptable for a KPF!
Its been our problem for 20 years. Richo was a shocker, Jack will kick around a corner or pass it 20 meters backwards and Griff had a howler versus Melbourne. The captain can't kick a set shot and nail a goal.
The only bloke who has proven he can kick a goal under immense pressure was Jordan Mc Mahon and that cost us Jack Watts.
I thought Jordan McMahons goal enabled us 2nd pick, we got Dusty instead of Scully??

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2522 on: May 08, 2015, 03:00:26 PM »

Unacceptable for a KPF!
I thought Jordan McMahons goal enabled us 2nd pick, we got Dusty instead of Scully??
This is what I don't like about people who post facts, it shoots down other people's stories.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2523 on: May 08, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »

Unacceptable for a KPF!
This is what I don't like about people who post facts, it shoots down other people's stories.
I liked your version better too.  :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2524 on: May 08, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
If you stop Big Benny Griffiths run at the footy for a mark he hasn't got much else. For a bloke that is 200cm and 100kg and has been on an AFL list for 6 years he isn't real strong when competing one on one for a mark. That also goes for his ruck work.
It will be interesting to see him this weekend on Hansen, Thompson, Firrito or even Tarrant, all guys that like body contact and take away your run at the footy.
Don't get me wrong I want this guy to succeed, it may not sound like it but I can see past the one big grab a week or the long goal. He needs to get involved more than he does for a player of his size and time on our list.
I'll be watching closely this weekend.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2525 on: May 08, 2015, 08:05:29 PM »
if you stop anyones run at the footy they havent got anything else. mainly because you have stopped them getting to the footy

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2526 on: May 08, 2015, 08:24:11 PM »
Yeah that's generally how it works....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2527 on: May 08, 2015, 08:25:50 PM »
 :lol

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2528 on: May 08, 2015, 08:52:45 PM »
if you stop anyones run at the footy they havent got anything else. mainly because you have stopped them getting to the footy
As a key forward at 200cm and 100kg you would hope he could actually hold his ground and take a contested mark. Not sure how much running is involved in that?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2529 on: May 08, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
Maybe we need someone who can leap 2 metres high from a standing start

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2530 on: May 08, 2015, 09:02:38 PM »
As a key forward at 200cm and 100kg you would hope he could actually hold his ground and take a contested mark. Not sure how much running is involved in that?

in that case you havnt stopped his run at the ball.

if you stop someones run at the ball you stop them getting to the ball, by definition.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2531 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
holding your ground is also completely different to running at the ball.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2532 on: May 08, 2015, 09:12:29 PM »
What if your running up and down on the spot?  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2533 on: May 08, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
What if your running up and down on the spot?  ;D

This thread's about Griffiths, not Vickery....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2534 on: May 08, 2015, 09:48:42 PM »
If you stop Big Benny Griffiths run at the footy for a mark he hasn't got much else. For a bloke that is 200cm and 100kg and has been on an AFL list for 6 years he isn't real strong when competing one on one for a mark. That also goes for his ruck work.
It will be interesting to see him this weekend on Hansen, Thompson, Firrito or even Tarrant, all guys that like body contact and take away your run at the footy.
Don't get me wrong I want this guy to succeed, it may not sound like it but I can see past the one big grab a week or the long goal. He needs to get involved more than he does for a player of his size and time on our list.
I'll be watching closely this weekend.
Yet you said Vickery is still young in another thread and we need to persevere with him! And he's been far more putrid than Griffiths this year. And Griffiths is a year younger....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.