Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452624 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2745 on: March 26, 2016, 09:21:27 PM »
Played well from what i witnessed at the ground. Provided a contest when in the ruck unlike Hampson :whistle

^^^^^  :clapping

Yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2746 on: March 27, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »
Played well from what i witnessed at the ground. Provided a contest when in the ruck unlike Hampson :whistle

Yep

Shh, Dont want everybody to know he is not crap and can play.  That would give them one less player to complain about.

Even when watched on TV he was Ok and was far far from our worst. They just cant see it as they are predisposed with thier list of "crap players" that they want dropped and traded out.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2747 on: March 27, 2016, 12:22:20 PM »

Yep

Shh, Dont want everybody to know he is not crap and can play.  That would give them one less player to complain about.

Even when watched on TV he was Ok and was far far from our worst. They just cant see it as they are predisposed with thier list of "crap players" that they want dropped and traded out.

We are predisposed to wanting to put the best team on the park and improving the list so we can win a flag.

It could easily be argued that by potting posters who do this that you don't want to improve the list or be successful.

But we know the short sightedness of the rank and file don't have the presence of mind to comprehend the bigger picture.

And for the record, he went generally 'ok' Thurs night but needs to improve IMHO
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2748 on: March 27, 2016, 12:34:34 PM »
Should've taken a few of the kick ins.....if you have a bloke who can easily clear the forward press then ffs at least use him occasionally...

Been praying for years they would flip him to do kick outs. Barrel it 50% of the time and when the opposition loosens the press to accommodate, lead into space and kick it 30
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2749 on: March 27, 2016, 12:52:16 PM »

Yep

We are predisposed to wanting to put the best team on the park and improving the list so we can win a flag.

It could easily be argued that by potting posters who do this that you don't want to improve the list or be successful.

But we know the short sightedness of the rank and file don't have the presence of mind to comprehend the bigger picture.

And for the record, he went generally 'ok' Thurs night but needs to improve IMHO

Can't see where I potted any poster that wants to put the best team on the park as I think we all do. I just think posting "So and So" is crap or "????" should be traded is not only a pretty pontless exersise but simply wrong. Some of the pots this guy takes are just plain stupid and sometimes I think some of these posters dont watch the games at all. Sure he didnt kick 3 like Vickery but he had a hand in 3, got more or the ball than Vickery and handled the ruck much better yet he gets blasted. I didnt say he was brilliant just that he was ok and far from our worst.  Sure he can improve but that not these guys are saying.  We all have our favorites and ones we dont think should be in the team but all I ask is people watch the games and make base thier comments on the game not just some predesposed feeling about players. You dont have to be here long to realise that most of the comments are negative about players and I find that is sad for a board that is suposed for Tiger supporters.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2750 on: March 27, 2016, 04:45:02 PM »

Yep

Can't see where I potted any poster that wants to put the best team on the park as I think we all do. I just think posting "So and So" is crap or "????" should be traded is not only a pretty pontless exersise but simply wrong.

You did pot posters for wanting to put the best team on the pArk. Inherently, your quote:-

"they are predisposed with thier list of crap players that they want dropped and traded out."

Many posters want rubbish players out and better players in. Pretty simple. Pretty honest.

You take offence to this and had a go. If you're going to take cheap shots at posters calling actually rubbish players rubbish (which is a right of any poster) then be prepared to cop it back.

And by the way, perhaps if the club and players were actually good enough they wouldn't have to put the fans and members in the position to critique them so robustly. Honesty hurts.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2751 on: March 27, 2016, 06:06:15 PM »
Perpetuators of misery.
FTL.  :shh
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2752 on: March 27, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »
I think he's bit of a girl and needs to harden up.
But I do like him significantly more than the spud we got from the cheats. He can leap, mark, hand pass and kick the footy.

I think there is merit in having him as second ruck with Maric considering we don't have any other options. Hopefully we don't have to see the Hamspud again.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2753 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:50 PM »
Is he capable of playing first ruck ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2754 on: March 27, 2016, 10:38:17 PM »
I think he is now too slim to compete against the big gorillas like Sandilands.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2755 on: March 27, 2016, 10:39:31 PM »
As has been said on numerous occasions no one could be worse than Hampson so yes I believe he would be able to play first ruck given the options we have available. Could be the making of him to be honest, get him involved in the game and build some confidence.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2756 on: March 27, 2016, 11:07:53 PM »

cant be worse than megan ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2757 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:18 AM »
I reckon he went ok last week. I would keep playing him in the ruck.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2758 on: March 28, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »
Thought had an okay game. His long kicking is a real asset.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2759 on: March 28, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Five Griffiths long 70m kicks in the ruck

Is more useful than zero Megan kicks
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus