Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452611 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2925 on: July 25, 2016, 10:51:31 PM »
Gifted Hawthorn to easy goals and back to missing easy set shots.
A day to forget for big benny.

True. A day to forget for about 18 of the 22. And for all us supporters.

One thing I will say is that those that think he should play back should have a look at this game. He is not a natural defender.
Did you watch him carefully today Fluff?

The couple of good things he does do get overshadowed by the crap stuff he does.

I also thought his ruck work today was pi55 weak. He never fought for front position at boundary throw ins. Happy to try and lean over the ruckman in front.

He is passionless

Yes I did because I knew this would come up. He didn't give me much to hang my hat on this week but he was far from the worst. I disagree with you "passionless" comment but you are entilled to your opinion. In will also pull Jackstar up with his 8 year comment as I got pulled up on my 5 year statement.  I guess he has 5 weeks to show why he should stay. I hope he does.
He plays with no passion at all.
I get that you think he has potential and fair enough but please don't tell me he has passion.

Did you like when he fell over in Hawthorn's goal square and handballed it straight to Breust so he didn't have to body contact? At the very least take the ball to the ground with you, wait for body contact and rush it through for a point. Umpire would probably give you the beniefit of the doubt due to the slip.
200cm marshmallow. And nearly 7 years of it.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2926 on: July 25, 2016, 11:51:24 PM »
Apart from Rance which big bloke did better than Griff.
Even Hawthorns big blokes struggled until the heat was off.
He made a big mistake, but looking at the stats did more than most.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2927 on: July 26, 2016, 07:43:49 AM »

One thing I will say is that those that think he should play back should have a look at this game. He is not a natural defender.

The couple of good things he does do get overshadowed by the crap stuff he does.

I also thought his ruck work today was pi55 weak. He never fought for front position at boundary throw ins. Happy to try and lean over the ruckman in front.

He is passionless

Yes I did because I knew this would come up. He didn't give me much to hang my hat on this week but he was far from the worst. I disagree with you "passionless" comment but you are entilled to your opinion. In will also pull Jackstar up with his 8 year comment as I got pulled up on my 5 year statement.  I guess he has 5 weeks to show why he should stay. I hope he does.
I get that you think he has potential and fair enough but please don't tell me he has passion.

Did you like when he fell over in Hawthorn's goal square and handballed it straight to Breust so he didn't have to body contact? At the very least take the ball to the ground with you, wait for body contact and rush it through for a point. Umpire would probably give you the beniefit of the doubt due to the slip.

Actually I was going to use that exact play to show the opposite.  Did you see his reaction after making that mistake. Only would react that way if was passionate about the game.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2928 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »
Plenty worse than Griff

When confidence is high he goes good. He needs continuation in his footy.

Till now his body has held together like a soggy flamonge.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2929 on: July 26, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »
Trade to Fremantle  ( In the womans league )
Unleash the tornado

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2930 on: July 26, 2016, 11:54:44 AM »

He is passionless

:facepalm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-18/rushed-behind-free-kick-against-firrito-given-allclear
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2931 on: July 26, 2016, 12:39:59 PM »

He is passionless

Actually I was going to use that exact play to show the opposite.  Did you see his reaction after making that mistake. Only would react that way if was passionate about the game.

I totally agree. He thumped the ground in pure anger at his mistake. At least it shows he cares unlike some other players in the team.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2932 on: July 26, 2016, 09:25:13 PM »

He is passionless

He makes the mother of all stuff ups and because he hits the ground, that is passion? Give me a spell!
It was Gunstun to, not Brurst, my mistake.
Anyway he is one of the reasons this club is where it is. AAnd he is not alone. Nearly 7 years of absolute crap.
I wonder what this club has paid this guy all up for his 7 years with seriously only a half dozen half decent games.
Vickery and Astbury the same.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:53:35 PM by big tone »

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2933 on: July 26, 2016, 09:51:41 PM »

Have to agree with Fluff here.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2934 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:04 PM »
plays a good game then goes missing for 7 then plays another good game then goes missing for god knows how long rinse and repeat.

Is he not to be a fwd if so i have to ask how many of those glimpses that are contested marks are marks inside 50.
Fair dinkum how long do we tolerate such a huge gap between his best and worst. How long do we tolerate such a small prsence in his main role.

We are way past the cameo or potential role that this bloke offers.

Imo the only thing that saves him this year is the fact we can not off load 4 or 5 or 6 talls we dont have enough as it is and already maric, chaplin mckenzie and vickery are likely to be gone.
What a sad state of affairs but hey some will tell me mids are needed more.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2935 on: July 26, 2016, 11:12:53 PM »
I wish he would use his massive kick more often

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2936 on: July 26, 2016, 11:20:59 PM »
I agree, he should be getting the ball fed to him from out of defense to launch a stuffing big skud missile into our forward line Jim Jesse style,
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2937 on: July 26, 2016, 11:27:04 PM »
Agree....stuff me it's his one major weapon....if other clubs want him reckon that'd be a big reason and they'd make damn sure he uses it...the amount of times I see him get it in the ideal situation to unleash one and he just dabs it 20 metres -often sideways- or even worse, handballs, drives me nuts...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2938 on: July 26, 2016, 11:35:15 PM »
Agree....stuff me it's his one major weapon....if other clubs want him reckon that'd be a big reason and they'd make damn sure he uses it...the amount of times I see him get it in the ideal situation to unleash one and he just dabs it 20 metres -often sideways- or even worse, handballs, drives me nuts...
Agree X2
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2939 on: July 27, 2016, 12:04:43 AM »
Halfstep just refuses to recognise or encourage our player's biggest strengths.

Remember that coast-to-coast goal we kicked in about 12 seconds v Hawthorn in 2012 or 13- Griffiths from the kick in to Maric in the centre square to Martin who booted it from outside 50? Will we ever see anything like that again? Martin will barely shoot from outside 35 these days, let alone 50.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.