Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452614 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2940 on: July 27, 2016, 01:43:36 AM »
Halfstep just refuses to recognise or encourage our player's biggest strengths.

Remember that coast-to-coast goal we kicked in about 12 seconds v Hawthorn in 2012 or 13- Griffiths from the kick in to Maric in the centre square to Martin who booted it from outside 50? Will we ever see anything like that again? Martin will barely shoot from outside 35 these days, let alone 50.

I do and i think of it often.

Benny looks too intimidated to kick long, instead he second guesses his natural instinct and talent...
all because dimmer has told him to just stick to his process.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2941 on: July 27, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »

Remember that coast-to-coast goal we kicked in about 12 seconds v Hawthorn in 2012 or 13- Griffiths from the kick in to Maric in the centre square to Martin who booted it from outside 50? Will we ever see anything like that again? Martin will barely shoot from outside 35 these days, let alone 50.

Benny looks too intimidated to kick long, instead he second guesses his natural instinct and talent...
Have to agree totally with here. Think it's the first time I have said that
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2942 on: July 27, 2016, 09:22:28 AM »
Agree....stuff me it's his one major weapon....if other clubs want him reckon that'd be a big reason and they'd make damn sure he uses it...the amount of times I see him get it in the ideal situation to unleash one and he just dabs it 20 metres -often sideways- or even worse, handballs, drives me nuts...

Agree. Same situation with Martin and Jack. Hardwick tries to curtail these players' strengths by instilling a game plan that goes against any attacking instincts.

tony_montana

« Reply #2943 on: July 27, 2016, 10:01:53 PM »
Agree....stuff me it's his one major weapon....if other clubs want him reckon that'd be a big reason and they'd make damn sure he uses it...the amount of times I see him get it in the ideal situation to unleash one and he just dabs it 20 metres -often sideways- or even worse, handballs, drives me nuts...

Agree. Same situation with Martin and Jack. Hardwick tries to curtail these players' strengths by instilling a game plan that goes against any attacking instincts.

but guys, "the supporters perhaps take a simplistic view and dont understand that theres a whole lot more to it than just attacking, like being able to setup behind the ball quickly in case of a turnover" as per dimmas words earlier this season on the round table discussion on fox footy.

wow what a thinker, us supporters never wouldve thought about that one  :rollin

maybe it goes beyond that and that the supporters can see kicking to the pockets purposely to minimise the chances of being scored against via slingshot and heading to the boundary to force stoppages, is a gameplan that has been rendered null and void by the deliberate rule you numpty

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2944 on: July 28, 2016, 01:25:53 AM »

but guys, "the supporters perhaps take a simplistic view and dont understand that theres a whole lot more to it than just attacking, like being able to setup behind the ball quickly in case of a turnover" as per dimmas words earlier this season on the round table discussion on fox footy.

wow what a thinker, us supporters never wouldve thought about that one  :rollin

maybe it goes beyond that and that the supporters can see kicking to the pockets purposely to minimise the chances of being scored against via slingshot and heading to the boundary to force stoppages, is a gameplan that has been rendered null and void by the deliberate rule you numpty

Maybe this is why we take all stuffing day to move the damned ball forwards, going sideways and backwards etc - to give our opposition an opportunity to setup defensively and flood our F50 lmao

tony_montana

« Reply #2945 on: July 28, 2016, 03:16:17 PM »
hes a stuffing knob

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2946 on: July 28, 2016, 05:55:05 PM »

Have to agree totally with here. Think it's the first time I have said that

I feel special
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2947 on: July 28, 2016, 07:27:29 PM »
stuff me sideways, we have an accord...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2948 on: July 28, 2016, 07:43:15 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2949 on: July 30, 2016, 08:09:01 PM »
I learnt today that we are a better side with Griff in it and  Vickery needs another club  as he has lost confidence and Richmond should have lost confidence that his heart is with the Tigers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2950 on: July 30, 2016, 08:12:24 PM »
Yeah nah pee 'em both off....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2951 on: July 30, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »
I'm sick of these big men who have such fragile confidence.  Harden up you fairies.

Be like Jonathan Brown not Tinkerbell.
Unleash the tornado

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2952 on: August 06, 2016, 09:45:58 PM »
I am surprised that Ben hasn't copped more flack today than Hampson....oh, hang on, no I am not, the BB can't see past Hampson can they.

Well IMO Griff was terrible last night, quite possibly the worst in our team. Ruck work was dreadful and so was his marking or lack of, no pressure and really was not involved at all.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2953 on: August 06, 2016, 09:59:27 PM »
I am surprised that Ben hasn't copped more flack today than Hampson....oh, hang on, no I am not, the BB can't see past Hampson can they.

Well IMO Griff was terrible last night, quite possibly the worst in our team. Ruck work was dreadful and so was his marking or lack of, no pressure and really was not involved at all.

Well we saw different games. Didnt beat Grundy but nullified him. Did really well when the ball went to ground. Had a lot of ball that was kicked to him like 3 metres to short so he couldnt get a run at it.

Wasnt great. Not all from his own doing though.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2954 on: August 06, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »

Ok I will bite

Grab a copy of the game. I'll give you one centre square ball up situation tthat actually highlighted why his efforts in the mididle last night were better than Hampson's

Go to about the 20 minute mark,  he goes up against Grundie, he wins the tap it goes straight to a pie mid. He then actually lays the tackle that causes another stoppage, ball up. At the 2nd ball up he doesn't win the tap but again lays the tackle that causes the ball free and we then clearance

That's what he did well and what Hampson simply doesnt do,

So if you are going to bag a blokes ruck work make sure that what you are whacking him for is accurate and that the person you use to compare him to actually bothers to do the same.

In this case Griffiths efforts read 2nd & 3rd efforts highlights what Hampson doesnt do, so thanks for bringing it up  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 10:27:27 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)