Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452622 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #3060 on: February 18, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »
The sooner the club realise that Ben is just a highlight package the better. You cannot build a decent side with players like Ben Griffiths in it unfortunately.
It's being pretty harsh I know but he just haven't got what it takes to be a consistent AFL player. He is a peaheart.
Give him first crack at it if he is fit but I wouldn't  play him for the sake of it, play the kids and fast track them if he is not preforming at a consistent level.
He has had long enough to be gifted games.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3061 on: February 18, 2017, 08:22:02 AM »
I predict Vickery to kick 40 plus goals at Hawthorn.

Benny to kick 15 this year for the tigers .

Rock n Roll.

So what?
He used to kick 30 goals per year with us (based on averages) but he did stuff all else.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3062 on: February 18, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »

Rock n Roll.

So what?
He used to kick 30 goals per year with us (based on averages) but he did stuff all else.

Ill tell you what, the foxtel commentators were going the hard spruike on Vickery 2 minutes into last nights game. King and Brereton. Literally the quotes were

"Hes a premium tap ruckman, Vickery"

"Look at the ground he covered. Yep works hard does Vickery"
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3063 on: February 18, 2017, 12:19:53 PM »

Rock n Roll.

So what?

Ill tell you what, the foxtel commentators were going the hard spruike on Vickery 2 minutes into last nights game. King and Brereton. Literally the quotes were

How about that arsey pass in the 2nd qtr "Richmond fans will tearing their hair out" yeah right, over a random 15 metre kick that happened to fall into someone's arms
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3064 on: February 18, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »

Rock n Roll.

So what?

How about that arsey pass in the 2nd qtr "Richmond fans will tearing their hair out" yeah right, over a random 15 metre kick that happened to fall into someone's arms

Notice after quarter time he did sweet fa as he was buggered?

So much for buliding his endurance at the hawks. I reckon it will be more of the same old Vickery in 2017. Cheapies out the back and sucking in the big ones

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3065 on: February 18, 2017, 04:21:30 PM »
The sooner the club realise that Ben is just a highlight package the better. You cannot build a decent side with players like Ben Griffiths in it unfortunately.
It's being pretty harsh I know but he just haven't got what it takes to be a consistent AFL player. He is a peaheart.
Give him first crack at it if he is fit but I wouldn't  play him for the sake of it, play the kids and fast track them if he is not preforming at a consistent level.
Top post Tone.   :thumbsup :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3066 on: February 18, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »

Would agree unfortunately. It's odd, I have seen him do some courageous things but too often he doesn't show enough tenacity. As a big man he's got to set the standard when it comes to attacking the footy. When your big blokes aren't intimidating, and ours aren't, you're in trouble.

Our KPF depth is horrible. 1 good forward
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3067 on: February 18, 2017, 08:48:31 PM »
Opposition supporters wouldn't even know who he was - and hes from the same draft as Dusty.
Unleash the tornado

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3068 on: February 19, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »
Thats a pretty good summation. But im asking what kids are better than him?
What your asking and i agree with you whole heartedly  for several reasons is we throw the very limited options we have in the deep end.
The only options we have are Elton, Chol, Moore in anyones language it is slim pickings despite the attributes all three have but dont display.
We remain in a horrid place when it comes to talls in general.

With out a doubt Riewoldt and Griffiths will play we can only hope they have enough sense to play and look at one or all of the the others on a regular basis.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3069 on: February 19, 2017, 10:40:18 AM »
What attributes does Elton have?

He's been here 17 years and played 3 games.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3070 on: February 19, 2017, 11:34:14 AM »

Attributes  - hes tall and he has a contract.

The same attributes as Cleve Hughes and Adam Pattinson had but the club has nfi
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3071 on: February 19, 2017, 08:01:55 PM »

Attributes  - hes tall and he has a contract.

The same attributes as Cleve Hughes and Adam Pattinson had but the club has nfi

:lol

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3072 on: February 19, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »

I still recon if he was given 20 games this year as a forward he would kick more goals than Griff.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3073 on: February 19, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »
And there we go with the old he's poo but better than another poo player argument

FFS no wonder we have wallowed in the pits of mediocrity for the last 35 years

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3074 on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
And there we go with the old he's poo but better than another poo player argument

FFS no wonder we have wallowed in the pits of mediocrity for the last 35 years
I actually think Elton has a chance as a forward, I don't think he will be Wayne Carey but he is a good size, agile and is a very good mark. And if he was well coached and given a decent crack at it, I think he would be ok as a third tall.

I just think it is more stupid to go with someone we already know hasn't got the balls for it.