Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 452624 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Griffiths nearing return after long concussion layoff (afl site)
« Reply #3240 on: July 11, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »
Tiger tall nearing return after long concussion layoff

afl.com.au
11 July 2017

RICHMOND tall Ben Griffiths could return to football as soon as this Saturday, with the key forward passing all necessary concussion tests after a two-and-a-half month lay-off.

Griffiths is set to train with the Tigers' VFL team this week with a view to lining up against Werribee on Saturday, pending final fitness tests.

The 25-year-old has been unavailable for selection since round six after suffering his second head knock for the season, prompting a series of scans and tests.

Griffiths has been wearing a helmet since early last season after suffering repeated problems and the Tigers took an extremely cautious approach with his recovery from the latest setback.

"Ben has been training well and we hope to see him play this weekend," football manager Neil Balme said on the club's website.

"He needs to get through this week, but the signs are looking very promising at this stage.

"We have taken a conservative approach with Ben, given his history with concussion, and his welfare has always been paramount.

"The club’s medical staff have done a great job managing him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-11/tiger-tall-nearing-return-after-long-concussion-layoff

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #3241 on: July 11, 2017, 05:04:27 PM »
But it's not an elimination final.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3242 on: July 11, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »

Don't take any unnecessary risks,big fella.
It's just a game.
Ask Trent #InsaneCorrection
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3243 on: July 11, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
You know you are a you know what but stuff me sideways I snorted when I saw that post
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3244 on: July 11, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
Well, let's see what happens
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3245 on: July 11, 2017, 09:01:32 PM »
when are we going to make the distinction between concussion,  and lets face it none of us want ben to suffer from this, and his appalling 8 yr record.

What concerns me is we will make a passionate call based on exactly what when we should be making a FOOTY CALL based on what has gone before.

IMO if concussion had not come into it we would all still be discussing weather we should get rid of him and thats because as a player he has been poo.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Ben Griffiths
« Reply #3246 on: July 11, 2017, 09:07:09 PM »
when are we going to make the distinction between concussion,  and lets face it none of us want ben to suffer from this, and his appalling 8 yr record.

What concerns me is we will make a passionate call based on exactly what when we should be making a FOOTY CALL based on what has gone before.

IMO if concussion had not come into it we would all still be discussing weather we should get rid of him and thats because as a player he has been poo.

With all respect you can't make a call on Benny and concussion without the rest of the pic ture. Cmon.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3247 on: July 11, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »

Correct.

We need to draft new KP forwards or invest more time in Moore or Chol?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3248 on: July 11, 2017, 10:11:55 PM »
Neither him nor Hamspud wll retire, even though they both clearly should....Richmond - home of the selfish footballer.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3249 on: July 11, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »
Neither him nor Hamspud wll retire, even though they both clearly should....Richmond - home of the selfish footballer.....

Speaking of Hampson, what's happened to Jackstar? I miss his musings.,,,
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Griffiths
« Reply #3250 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:13 PM »

With all respect you can't make a call on Benny and concussion without the rest of the pic ture. Cmon.
you miss the point. we have all seen the picture and he has been poo as a footballer  and all the concussion talk is doing is muddy the waters.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3251 on: July 12, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
Agree Claw, he was pee poor before this happened. Despite what we think of him as a footballer or of him continuing his career, it'll be good for the bloke if he can get up and play this weekend

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #3252 on: July 12, 2017, 06:49:55 PM »
Disagree. He was playing decent football before the injury and has been really missed since. It would be a pitty if he couldn't come back and show some of what he is capable of. I'm sure everybody would love to see that.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3253 on: July 12, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »
He was playing decent football before the injury 

No he wasn't.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3254 on: July 12, 2017, 09:42:57 PM »
He was playing decent football before the injury 

No he wasn't.
Not even close...