Author Topic: Rookie draft thread  (Read 15884 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Rookie draft thread
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »
Not sure about the thought process behind these selections and passing in the PSD....  :-\

Oh well time will tell.....again.

No probs with passing on the PSD

With the PSD you had to give 2 year deals - not worth that risk IMO
Additionally, with 'free agency' in full swing we want more year to year flexibility (contract wise).

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »
Opposition boards on BF(Veruca's and Tankers) have gone into meltdown over our selections
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »
so how do we use a psd pick.  the only option i could see was the newman option if that is closed it would mean we have to cut another player that wont happen.
so any talk of a psd pick is well just silly then. 

gotta say im pretty peeed with this situation and again it shows just how poorly we run our list and over rate players we have.

lol at orren stephenson if people were peeed off at how poor angus was they are gunna be worse with this bloke.  he was torn apart in games this yr may as well have kept graham.

if wood and stephenson are the best they can come up with they should not be in the job. i suppose they are now thru terrible list management forced to do something or anything.
 what i dont get is why keep derickx on the list if wood and stephenson are to be the backup why keep tom at all. geez we have been poor when it comes to ruckmen.

1. How do you know you're right and clubs wrong, if any of us are gonna take an opinion you'd think we'd trust it from a professional. If you had as good a insight you think you have you'd be recruiting for a team.
2.Graham probably wanted out
3. We keep derickx we cop it from you yet you complain we don't have enough ruckman. Any excuse to bag the club yeah?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »
Opposition boards on BF(Veruca's and Tankers) have gone into meltdown over our selections

In what way?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »

In what way?

Go have a geez

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2012, 01:53:57 PM »

In what way?

Go have a geez

Got just a brief, do they think we did well or crap??

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »

In what way?

Go have a geez

They're laughing at us and our drafting

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »

In what way?

Go have a geez

Thought that may of been the case.

With Edwards, Pettard, big O and old mate from the bumbers is it any wonder..... :-\

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »

In what way?

Go have a geez

Saw on the Melbourne board they said we were trying to be like Sydney. Quite ironic considering their scatter gun approach this off season. Spastics.

We got our blokes for nothing.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »
Couple years ago they were laughing at building a fwd line around cook hurrah pettard

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »
Everyone is jealous of us.

What are Carlton laughing at. They picked up 2 delisted players too. Funny thing is they had been delisted by the Blues themselves.  :lol

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »

In what way?
WGAF?
They laughed at us getting Ivan.
They can GFT's

Go have a geez

Saw on the Melbourne board they said we were trying to be like Sydney. Quite ironic considering their scatter gun approach this off season. wackos.

We got our blokes for nothing.

dwaino

« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »

What are Carlton laughing at. They picked up 2 delisted players too. Funny thing is they had been delisted by the Blues themselves.  :lol

And they're still pinching themselves  :shh

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »

And they're still pinching themselves  :shh

They have a wankfest thread over Cachia already.  :lol

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »
Overall I reckon we did what we needed to do in the rookee draft and that is get depth.Last couple of years we have been drafting all kids and got caught out when injurys camed up playing players still not afl ready.Orren is insurance for Maric we seen what happen when Browne and Graham offered when he was out injuried and still ???? on Big Tom D.Gives us time to groom a young ruckman to.Lonegan gives us that tuff in and under midfielder like a Tuck who is 31 dont forget and Foleys injurys a worry to.The guy played 14 games in 2012.Petterd I'm not sure about hope it turns out better then Maric.We have struggled in his position he plays.Has Xfactor and seriously can play, but needs to be injury free and to be consistent.