Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 193399 times)

Offline 1885

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #720 on: September 13, 2017, 10:39:46 AM »
Hed demand 700, 600 if hes willing to come for unders. Still might be too much.
If your being kicked out of a club with a year to run on your contract I very much doubt you'd be demanding much.
Should just be happy to get a second chance.
Stringer career is at the cross roads and could easily go either way, after being burnt by Yarran are we ready to take the same risk again?
Cmon mate, who's the one being delusional?

If he ends up signing for a cent under 600 Ill go hee.

Dont forget youre Vickery types signed for as much.

I've heard Tyrone signed a lot less than that.

With afl salaries not public knowledge it's hard to say how much space we will be left. I think it more than what many reckon.  :shh

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:13 PM »
No to Stringer, we need to invest in class key forwards as jack turns 29 next year
We have an opportunity to set ourselves up well this year.

We just need to trade some players so we can accumulate points for Naish and then invest in the draft

We also need a ready made kpf to help Jack which can be gained by trading

Just my option but either way I trust in Neil Balme to not waste our resorses

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #722 on: September 13, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »
Hilarious that people don't want Stringer or think that it's more important we don't miss out on Naish.....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: September 13, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
No to Stringer, we need to invest in class key forwards as jack turns 29 next year
We have an opportunity to set ourselves up well this year.

We just need to trade some players so we can accumulate points for Naish and then invest in the draft

We also need a ready made kpf to help Jack which can be gained by trading

Just my option but either way I trust in Neil Balme to not waste our resorses
Stringer would be perfect for us. Still young. Quick. Very strong.

The ONLY question mark about him is his psyche make up. If he disrupts the #insaneconnection that would be catastrophic! :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #724 on: September 13, 2017, 12:49:40 PM »
Actually I still think we should go after Lever and think we're massively overrating our KPD's or more specifically, our KPD depth .....Rance will likely retire at the end of his current contract....Astbury's only really had one good year (though he improved last year too) and both he and Grimes are always an injury away from being finished )....behind them we only really have the unproven Garthwaite and Chol who's still miles off it and may even be delisted this year.(though I also reckon Moore can play both ends I don't think the club has the same idea atm...would also give us the flexibilty in the short term to throw Astbury forward and even Rance ocassionally... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #725 on: September 13, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »
Hed demand 700, 600 if hes willing to come for unders. Still might be too much.
If your being kicked out of a club with a year to run on your contract I very much doubt you'd be demanding much.
Should just be happy to get a second chance.
Stringer career is at the cross roads and could easily go either way, after being burnt by Yarran are we ready to take the same risk again?
Cmon mate, who's the one being delusional?

If he ends up signing for a cent under 600 Ill go hee.

Dont forget youre Vickery types signed for as much.

I've heard Tyrone signed a lot less than that.

With afl salaries not public knowledge it's hard to say how much space we will be left. I think it more than what many reckon.  :shh
Not sure who you heard it from but it was widely reported as 600. Any less and we wouldn't have got the compo.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: September 13, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »
Actually I still think we should go after Lever and think we're massively overrating our KPD's or more specifically, our KPD depth .....Rance will likely retire at the end of his current contract....Astbury's only really had one good year (though he improved last year too) and both he and Grimes are always an injury away from being finished )....behind them we only really have the unproven Garthwaite and Chol who's still miles off it and may even be delisted this year.(though I also reckon Moore can play both ends I don't think the club has the same idea atm...would also give us the flexibilty in the short term to throw Astbury forward and even Rance ocassionally... :shh

Furthermore to this - reckon we should be enquiring about Aliir Aliir....seems to fallen out of favour at the Swanettes....

...speaking of which,  I'm still firmly on the Xavier Richards bandwagon.....which at this stage probably just contains me, him, his manager & his brother Ted....

Kristian Jaksch worth a look too IMO...can pick up as a DFA though I'd prefer to just rookie him...

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:14:05 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2017, 01:30:18 PM »
Furthermore to this - reckon we should be enquiring about Aliir Aliir....seems to fallen out of favour at the Swanettes....

...speaking of which,  I'm still firmly on the Xavier Richards bandwagon.....which at this stage probably just contains me, him, his manager & his brother Ted....

Kristian Jaksch worth a look too IMO...can pick up as a DFA though I'd prefer to just rookie him...

Agree with almost all of that. I don't think we'd have a chance at Lever.

Aliir Aliir would be a smart pick up.

Richards and Jaksch wouldn't cost anything so no qualms there.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2017, 02:22:36 PM »
From the Herald-Sun website's live trade talk today:

michael:
With Deledio and Yarran coming off the books do we think the Tigers could actually fit a Schache or even a Stringer into the equation next season? Moving out Miles and Sam Lloyd will also create a bit more room. Thoughts?

Jon Ralph: 
I can't see them being able to afford a Stringer type. Schache only signed up for about 450 a year, so he's not on massive cash. I think between the lines they would like a succession plan for Jack. He is 28 and really durable - hardly ever misses games - so Schache would suit. Even speaking to Benny Gale on radio on Monday he was effusive about Schache. But they cant' have that much cash. Rough estimate JAck is on 700, Cotch something similar, Rance maybe 800 having signed up more recently, Dustin 1.18, Prestia 750. It doesn't leave a heck of a lot.

Assume Taylor Hunt, Lennon, maybe Lloyd leave. If that trio are on 750 combined and they draft three kids at 60 grand, they have 580 left over. Have they paid most of that to Dusty to resign? 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmonds-successful-offseason-is-driving-its-onfield-success-and-premiership-hopes/news-story/ea5be88375c475c5458a92e8f73bfbe1

tony_montana

« Reply #730 on: September 13, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »
From the Herald-Sun website's live trade talk today:

michael:
With Deledio and Yarran coming off the books do we think the Tigers could actually fit a Schache or even a Stringer into the equation next season? Moving out Miles and Sam Lloyd will also create a bit more room. Thoughts?

Jon Ralph: 
I can't see them being able to afford a Stringer type. Schache only signed up for about 450 a year, so he's not on massive cash. I think between the lines they would like a succession plan for Jack. He is 28 and really durable - hardly ever misses games - so Schache would suit. Even speaking to Benny Gale on radio on Monday he was effusive about Schache. But they cant' have that much cash. Rough estimate JAck is on 700, Cotch something similar, Rance maybe 800 having signed up more recently, Dustin 1.18, Prestia 750. It doesn't leave a heck of a lot.

Assume Taylor Hunt, Lennon, maybe Lloyd leave. If that trio are on 750 combined and they draft three kids at 60 grand, they have 580 left over. Have they paid most of that to Dusty to resign? 

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmonds-successful-offseason-is-driving-its-onfield-success-and-premiership-hopes/news-story/ea5be88375c475c5458a92e8f73bfbe1

You forgot the rest of the equations ralphy you flog - front ended and backended contracts, being able to go to 105% of the cap - can work around it especially when talking about adding players of the calibre of Stringer to the list

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: September 13, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »
I don't know why people take offence when you have another opinion from there's.

It doesn't mean that you are wrong just have a different opinion

The idea with Naish is to first round pick by trading players that may want opportunities for lower medium to low picks
These would then be put together to have enough points for Naish
I don't care would we recruit but IMHO it should be players getting a regular senior game at their existing AFL team

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #732 on: September 13, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »

Rockcliff to Richmond another rumour but I highly doubt it for several reasons....

Well well well...... :shh

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tom-rockliff-weighing-up-future-at-brisbane-lions-as-victorian-clubs-circle/news-story/3a2092645cbe5dbbf2a21f8267de30ca

....still can't see him coming to us though... :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #733 on: September 13, 2017, 07:15:15 PM »
 cheers

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #734 on: September 13, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
Hmmm... interesting.....

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-trade-free-agency-watch-part-2.1168137/page-160#post-52427922

...though probabably complete bullshyte.....

Hey Dio can you just post what they're saying? I don't want to click onto that cruddy site