Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 409898 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1380 on: May 24, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
Where is all the Tom Lynch BS now?

The media and 7 year old daughters have had to eat humble pie.

What a beat up that was!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1381 on: May 25, 2019, 10:26:09 PM »
Lynch on Ch 7 just said he only got a corky on the calf and he's all good.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1382 on: May 25, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
 : thumbs up
Lynch on Ch 7 just said he only got a corky on the calf and he's all good.
:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1383 on: May 26, 2019, 04:51:59 AM »
Hardwick downplays fears on star forward's leg injury

AFL.com.au
Callum Twomey
May 25, 2019 11:24PM

RICHMOND is confident star recruit Tom Lynch will be fit to face North Melbourne next Friday night after sustaining a corked calf in the Tigers’ win over Essendon.

The former Gold Coast co-captain sat out the last quarter of the Tigers' 22-point victory, leading to fears the key forward may have had an issue with his troublesome knee.

However, the club says Lynch was taken off for precautionary reasons with next week's clash with the Kangaroos in mind.

"He's just got a corkie," coach Damien Hardwick said post-game.

"It was one of those situations where we probably thought we had the game in hand. We probably took him off a little bit too early, but with a six-day break for next week we thought we'd give him every chance to recover.

"We think he'll be fine for that game."

Lynch had booted two goals from five disposals before his night ended prematurely as the Tigers strolled to a comfortable victory in the annual Dreamtime at the 'G game.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-25/hardwick-downplays-fears-on-star-forwards-leg-injury

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: May 26, 2019, 08:14:20 AM »
Where is all the Tom Lynch BS now?

The media and 7 year old daughters have had to eat humble pie.

What a beat up that was!

:lol

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1385 on: June 01, 2019, 01:57:06 AM »
Worst game by a full forward since “Sideshow Bob” Vickery.  :banghead

At least Vickery didn’t have talent. What I can’t stand more is a bloke with oodles of talent wasted by laziness on the field.

Didn’t jump. Didn’t lead enough. Caught behind the pack. Didn’t smash the contest. Didn’t tackle. Didn’t chase. Offered nothing when the ball was on the deck. Provided no defensive pressure. Didn’t work hard enough up the ground.

What our million dollar man has to do is look at how big Ben Brown played, worked his absolute arse off running over 15klms, smashing the packs and flying for marks, using his bulk and massive frame to advantage.

All Lynch offered tonight was an academy award performance to allow him to kick his first goal.  :shh

I hope this isn’t the sort of performance we are going to have to expect from him. Rubbish!  :chuck :chuck :chuck
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: June 01, 2019, 07:58:29 AM »
If Higgins, Broad, and Dud Soldo can cop it then so can this guy given he is paid the most. You can't defend that performance last night as I have in the past with him.

Last night he was putrid. If it wasn't for Soldo it would have been the worst game by anyone this year IMO. Did  he forget to jump and make a contest, or was he still injured?? He played like a girl last night and that's probably an insult to them

I hope it was a one off because things are about to get tougher

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: June 01, 2019, 09:12:21 AM »
geez talk about over reaction.

hmm every time we get smashed in the midfield our forward line seems to be dysfunctional what a strange coincidence...

its no surprise lynch had a bad game the way the ball was coming in ontop of his head with 2 or 3 against him. a lot of the time he could barely get a run at it with the legal blocks north were applying against him.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1388 on: June 01, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »
We lost control of the midfield. North took over
 Lynch was poor but so were about 19 others. Only Stack and Dusty had a real crack yesterday.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1389 on: June 01, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »

hmm every time we get smashed in the midfield our forward line seems to be dysfunctional what a strange coincidence...

its no surprise lynch had a bad game the way the ball was coming in ontop of his head with 2 or 3 against him. a lot of the time he could barely get a run at it with the legal blocks north were applying against him.

We need a PLAN B if we get smashed in the middle!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1390 on: June 01, 2019, 10:51:56 AM »
And a Plan C for when Plan B isn't working. Perhaps Caracella can work on Plan C
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1391 on: June 01, 2019, 11:09:27 AM »

We need a PLAN B if we get smashed in the middle!

Im sure there is, we're just no good at executing it.
regardless, nothing to do with lynch.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1392 on: June 01, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
Our forward entries are crap even when our midfield is on top.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1393 on: June 01, 2019, 11:33:40 AM »
Worst game by a full forward since “Sideshow Bob” Vickery.  :banghead

At least Vickery didn’t have talent. What I can’t stand more is a bloke with oodles of talent wasted by laziness on the field.

Didn’t jump. Didn’t lead enough. Caught behind the pack. Didn’t smash the contest. Didn’t tackle. Didn’t chase. Offered nothing when the ball was on the deck. Provided no defensive pressure. Didn’t work hard enough up the ground.

What our million dollar man has to do is look at how big Ben Brown played, worked his absolute arse off running over 15klms, smashing the packs and flying for marks, using his bulk and massive frame to advantage.

All Lynch offered tonight was an academy award performance to allow him to kick his first goal.  :shh

I hope this isn’t the sort of performance we are going to have to expect from him. Rubbish!  :chuck :chuck :chuck

TOTALLY agree
I actually thought it was Ty out there for a minute

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1394 on: June 01, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
Suggest Tom watches Ben Brown highlights tape today
Ben worked his backside off to create opportunities and got the rewards
Tom isn’t good below his knees which is now very obvious to all