Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 409951 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1905 on: April 03, 2022, 08:38:18 PM »
Was really disappointing tonight. Couldn’t hold a mark if his life depended on it. Balta was worse.

Granted our inside 50’s were rubbish but it doesn’t help when a forward isn’t willing to lead to space.

I don’t understand the reluctance.

Thought he was good when he was out at CHF got one on one opportunities

Saints played our deepest forward well was always 2 on 1
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1906 on: April 03, 2022, 08:39:58 PM »
Toms legacy will be carried by joining a very very good side and getting 2 premierships. He absolutely contributed. But if he went to a Carlton or Essendon he'd be just about the games most criticised player. We live and die by the sword or paycheck in the business and he's certainly not in the top 10 forwards of the game. Needs to lift or adjust contract as soon as possible.
Go Tigers!

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1907 on: April 03, 2022, 08:40:40 PM »
Was really disappointing tonight. Couldn’t hold a mark if his life depended on it. Balta was worse.

Granted our inside 50’s were rubbish but it doesn’t help when a forward isn’t willing to lead to space.

Was leading up to the wing in the early game and it was working great. Late game was just bomb it on the head of two or three falls going for the same ball. It's hard to know if that coaching or just players not following the plan or not being able to follow the plan. Only those in the know would know that so it's very hard to place blame.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1908 on: April 04, 2022, 08:23:52 AM »

Was leading up to the wing in the early game and it was working great. Late game was just bomb it on the head of two or three falls going for the same ball. It's hard to know if that coaching or just players not following the plan or not being able to follow the plan. Only those in the know would know that so it's very hard to place blame.
You’d think if he is clunking marks on a lead why wouldn’t he continue?

My issue this week was also the fact that he dropped too many he should have taken. I guess it’s frustrating to see dropped marks after having seen Richo mark everything and obviously recently Reiwoldt take marks when required.
This bloke looks bigger than both but has butter fingers in comparison. 

But I admit I can’t stand seeing forwards standing flapping their arms in the goal square and not working to find some clear space in the forward fifty.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1909 on: April 04, 2022, 08:56:22 AM »
Plenty of “nearly marks” again….

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1910 on: April 06, 2022, 05:43:05 AM »
Why did Tom stop leading in the second half?

Why would he go for the same marks as Balta?

In his defence the high ball delivery is/was woeful as was/is the speed of delivery.

It just seemed he was a static target.

His defensive side seems to be non existent.

A week or 2 in the VFL May reinspire him?

OR is there something I am missing??

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1911 on: April 06, 2022, 08:10:05 AM »
All starts with the mids and we are getting crucified, it looks as though at times we are going with a defensive mid set up, only way i can explain Bolton not being in there for chunks of the game

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1912 on: April 10, 2022, 05:41:27 AM »
Brilliant game last night from Lynch. Terrorised the Doggie defenders. They had no answer. He worked his guts off and his pack/contested marking was on song. Loved the play where he worked up to the wing to take a contested mark and then worked hard back to the goalsquare to take another pack contested mark in the space of 30 seconds and kick the goal. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1913 on: April 10, 2022, 10:38:08 AM »
Brilliant game last night from Lynch. Terrorised the Doggie defenders. They had no answer. He worked his guts off and his pack/contested marking was on song. Loved the play where he worked up to the wing to take a contested mark and then worked hard back to the goalsquare to take another pack contested mark in the space of 30 seconds and kick the goal.

In fairness so far this season he has been working hard but just not clunking the big marks

I actually prefer him playing up the ground, we look better when he is playing that role
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1914 on: April 10, 2022, 11:12:29 AM »
Really positive game from Tom. Not a yardstick defensive opponent but can't knock last night.
Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1915 on: April 10, 2022, 11:14:35 AM »

In fairness so far this season he has been working hard but just not clunking the big marks

I actually prefer him playing up the ground, we look better when he is playing that role

In fairness, he wasn’t playing much. Let’s see how goes in a fortnight
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1916 on: April 10, 2022, 11:29:17 AM »
Yeah, Tom was pretty good last night.  He looks so much better when he plays with aggression, not blind thuggery but channeled & controlled physicality.  Same goes for Nank.  I absolutely love watching these two terrorize the opposition!  Throw in Pickett & Parker & we have some serious mongrel out there!  There were a few headless chooks in Bulldogs jumpers running around quite unsure of themselves, score one for the big Tigers!     
No wonder opposition supporters hate our enforcers so much!     ;D
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1917 on: April 10, 2022, 03:02:13 PM »
He was good yesterday. Really competitive.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1918 on: April 10, 2022, 03:20:12 PM »
There’s some things he can work on obviously but geez the umpires give him nothing. Especially when you consider the free kicks that some of the other KPF around the league draw. He is constantly held/blocked off the ball and has his arms chopped and is taken high in the contest.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1919 on: April 10, 2022, 04:37:05 PM »
There’s some things he can work on obviously but geez the umpires give him nothing. Especially when you consider the free kicks that some of the other KPF around the league draw. He is constantly held/blocked off the ball and has his arms chopped and is taken high in the contest.

Spot on been happening for years never getting the frees Blind Freddy can see and othere forwards get.