Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 409933 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2025 on: August 16, 2022, 09:04:32 PM »
Okay a bit of devils advocate here Haaarrgghhhh. Not a critique at the end of the day you can only beat the opponent you have.
Thing is eight goals against Grainger- Barass a 195cm 2nd yr player and still very undersized player does not look quite as good if it was against one of the more experienced and physically ready kpd's going around.

Have never been a critic of Tom either, i think he has been very good for us every year he has been there. It never ceases to amaze me just how blinkered we can all get and just ignore injuries or even players like TL  playing with injuries  because there is no one else.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2026 on: August 16, 2022, 11:49:26 PM »
He did pants Darcy Moore earlier this year which should count for something? Also has the highest goal average this season as well.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2027 on: August 17, 2022, 12:31:55 PM »
Okay a bit of devils advocate here Haaarrgghhhh. Not a critique at the end of the day you can only beat the opponent you have.
Thing is eight goals against Grainger- Barass a 195cm 2nd yr player and still very undersized player does not look quite as good if it was against one of the more experienced and physically ready kpd's going around.

Have never been a critic of Tom either, i think he has been very good for us every year he has been there. It never ceases to amaze me just how blinkered we can all get and just ignore injuries or even players like TL  playing with injuries  because there is no one else.

Might be easier for you to just make a list of KPD's you actually rate highly that we can measure our own forwards against.

Can only beat who's in front of you and my argument for Lynch this week is that he was on some kids (Jeka first? The DGB then Sicily) and gave them an ABSOLUTE BATH kicking 8 goals, including some difficult kicks, and properly capitalising on the occasion. He's in awesome form.

Note Jack went scoreless despite the ass whooping we inflicted? Stuff like that tells me he's done.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2028 on: August 17, 2022, 02:38:03 PM »

Might be easier for you to just make a list of KPD's you actually rate highly that we can measure our own forwards against.

Can only beat who's in front of you and my argument for Lynch this week is that he was on some kids (Jeka first? The DGB then Sicily) and gave them an ABSOLUTE BATH kicking 8 goals, including some difficult kicks, and properly capitalising on the occasion. He's in awesome form.

Note Jack went scoreless despite the ass whooping we inflicted? Stuff like that tells me he's done.

Jack went scoreless because he played the team game and Lynch was hot and he gave him the the forward lineplayed second fiddle.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2029 on: August 17, 2022, 03:49:36 PM »
I think Jacks carried the forwards when Lynch  has been out so deserved a week off as the decoy
As we don’t have anyone else It would be great if Jack could go another year to mentor whoever we recruit

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2030 on: August 19, 2022, 04:38:42 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
Tom Lynch has already played a very fine 210 matches for two clubs over 12 seasons, where he has won two best and fairests and earned an All-Australian jacket ...

THEN ...
I'm still going to mount the case: he has never played better than 2022. Has missed a chunk of footy with injury, so his All-Australian case has been jeopardised, but in the times he has played, has been regularly supreme.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/823969/if-you-re-familiar-with-the-phrase-last-roll-of-the-dice-then

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2031 on: August 20, 2022, 10:18:25 PM »
Lynch on Ch 7 said just now said it's groin soreness. Just seemed to get worse as the game went along and he was sore in the last quarter. He will have scans but he mentioned we have the week off and he thinks he will be fine to play in a fortnight's time :pray. Would've been doubtful for next week if we had been playing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2032 on: August 20, 2022, 10:20:28 PM »
Lynch on Ch 7 said just now said it's groin soreness. Just seemed to get worse as the game went along and he was sore in the last quarter. He will have scans but he mentioned we have the week off and he thinks he will be fine to play in a fortnight's time :pray. Would've been doubtful for next week if we had been playing.

Did you see him prance over for the photo? Looks fine.

Just the club facade so the AFL doesn't have a whine about the sub we used.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2033 on: August 20, 2022, 10:24:21 PM »
2nd in the Coleman, clunking contested marks for fun. Has been sensational in the back half of the year. The key to our finals campaign.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2034 on: August 20, 2022, 10:26:53 PM »

Did you see him prance over for the photo? Looks fine.

Just the club facade so the AFL doesn't have a whine about the sub we used.
Yep. He wouldn't have bent over to pull that large eski full of drinks out the way before the song either if it was bad. Touchwood he's okay  :pray.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2035 on: August 20, 2022, 10:32:52 PM »
Playing like a powerhouse  :bow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2036 on: August 20, 2022, 10:35:34 PM »
Here is Lynch's post-game interview on Ch 7:

"I'll have a scan tomorrow and see how it feels."

Tom Lynch on his groin soreness that saw him subbed out of the game in the last term.

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1560964453709258752

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2037 on: August 20, 2022, 10:51:09 PM »
2nd in the Coleman, clunking contested marks for fun. Has been sensational in the back half of the year. The key to our finals campaign.

Just 17ish games too. Including one or two with serious yips.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2038 on: August 20, 2022, 11:21:17 PM »
Without injuries he'd have kicked 78+ this year

Sensational return to form Tom well done. Humble pie for me

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2039 on: August 21, 2022, 05:21:01 AM »
Tom Lynch told Channel 7 after the big win that he should be fit to take his place in Richmond’s Elimination Final side in two weeks provided all is well with scans on Sunday.

“It got worse and worse throughout the game, it was pretty sore in that last quarter,” he said.

“I think I’ll be fine. The week off definitely helps. If we were playing next week it would be a bit harder.

“We’ll know more tomorrow, but fingers crossed it will be fine.”

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick also commented on the Lynch injury at his post-match press conference, indicating the club had a sense of confidence regarding his availability.

“It’s just groin soreness at this stage,” Hardwick told reporters.

“In the third quarter it flared up. We’ll have a better understanding come tomorrow once he gets some scans.

“It was one of those ones where he was playing pretty well so I wanted him to stay out there, but the doctors thought they’d call it.

“It’s never a good sign when a guy finishes the game on the bench but we’re reasonably confident he’ll get up. We’ll confirm that tomorrow.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/20/lynch-provides-update-on-injury-after-big-richmond-win/