Author Topic: Tigers vs Hawks  (Read 7481 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Hawks
« on: April 25, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »
Bookies odds are huge for what will be a wet weather game....

TAB Sportsbet Odds

Head to Head

Hawthorn   $1.16 
Richmond  $4.65 

Line

Hawthorn    -28.5 Pts   $1.97 
Richmond  +28.5 Pts   $1.83 

Margin

Hawthorn Under 39.5 Pts  $2.20 
Hawthorn Over 39.5 Pts    $2.25 

Richmond Under 39.5 Pts  $ 5.50 
Richmond Over 39.5 Pts    $21.00

Draw  51.00   

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Clarkson wary of Tiger upset (West Australian)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 06:57:43 PM »
Clarkson wary of Tiger upset
West Australian
26th April 2008, 10:45 WST

Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson’s belief that AFL ladder positions are irrelevant was reinforced by last night’s Geelong-Fremantle clash.

And when the Hawks tackle the Richmond at the MCG tomorrow he will be highly conscious of the fact that the Tigers pulled off something that unbeaten reigning premiers Geelong couldn’t.

They demolished Fremantle at their Subiaco home base.

The ladder-leading Cats escaped with a one-point win over the Dockers last night while in round four Richmond, who were recently elevated to the top eight, romped to victory.

“Richmond have been in really good form, they actually beat Fremantle by 10 goals over in the West and the reigning premier could only just sneak over the line,” Clarkson said today.

“Everyone looks at ladder positions but we know every game’s extremely tough and we’ve got a fair amount of regard for the way Richmond are going about it at the present time.”

But he is at least confident that Hawthorn’s busy midfield should be able to dominate, the key to any game, he said.

“It’s always the same with every game that you play, it’s midfield supply and Richmond have got a very dangerous forward line, if the ball gets in their quickly.

“Similarly our forward line’s damaging too if we can get the ball in there frequently.

“The midfield battle’s going to be crucial and we like to think we stack up pretty well in there with (Luke) Hodge, (Sam) Mitchell, (Brad) Sewell, (Chance) Bateman and (Jordan) Lewis through the middle of the ground."

"But we also recognise Richmond is quite strong in that area of the ground - (Nathan) Foley is a tremendous young player and Kane Johnson's been in terrific form for them. So it'll be a real tough contest for us tomorrow."

The forecast is for rain, a rarity in matches these days, but Clarkson said slow conditions would not hamper the side’s star big men, including the athletic goalkicker Lance Franklin.

“We don’t play in wet conditions that much over the whole AFL competition so apart from actually changing your mindset in terms of the way you approach the ball we won’t change the structure of our side or the way that we play too much,” Clarkson said.

“All sides like to be hard at the footy and whether it’s wet or dry conditions the same principles apply.”

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=12&ContentID=69921

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Hawks
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
Bookies odds are huge for what will be a wet weather game....

TAB Sportsbet Odds

Head to Head

Hawthorn   $1.16 
Richmond  $4.65 

Line

Hawthorn    -28.5 Pts   $1.97 
Richmond  +28.5 Pts   $1.83 

Margin

Hawthorn Under 39.5 Pts  $2.20 
Hawthorn Over 39.5 Pts    $2.25 

Richmond Under 39.5 Pts  $ 5.50 
Richmond Over 39.5 Pts    $21.00

Draw  51.00   
I`m sorry but i`ve got a bit of a bad feeling about this. If they had no Buddy and we hung last week i`d rate us but i think they have the talent to touch us up. Sorry for being negative :'(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:02:58 PM »
If we win we go to 6th but yep this is going to tough. Even when the Hawks were crap and we were okay they were still a bit of a bogey side.  The only weakness in their armour is lack of height in their defence but with their midfield and forward line so potent they can get away with it. Their ruck isn't top notch either but Campbell and Taylor are decent enough for that midfield. We've just got to keep playing the way we've played in the past 2 weeks and try to match them in the midfield clearances and get it forward quickly to try and expose their defence. In the wet weather keep it simple and direct, put our head over the ball and be first to it. That's really all we can do. We need to put in at least a competitive performance. In the wet the scores should be low.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
We need to be aggressive and not go into our shells if the Hawks come out fighting. Could be a spiteful match but some how I feel more comfortable about handling the agro with our younger players than our senior guys. Pity Connors isn't playing. Campbell Brown isn't nearly as impressive as Barry Hall. lol.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
we will win today, would not surprise me if today is our "crunchball" game

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:47:18 AM »
Just a personal opinion but the Hawks arent that good !!!!!!  Over rated IMO. 
I reckon thay are a tad on the slow side compared to us. Of course this doesnt mean that we are better or will win but if we can get our running game going past their zone defence we are a chance.
You will noticed that Hawthorn always have 2 players zoned of at CHB then when they get the ball they sprint forward.  If we bomb it down there we are gone but if we think through it and run we can score heavily.  It will help that Richo isnt down there demanding the ball.  I expect Morton, Brown and Deledio to kick quite a few goals. 

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:01:55 AM »
^

yep,  totally agree

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 11:06:33 AM »
What is the weather doing in Melbourne today?, raining up here(Corowa). If it rains today do you think that alters our chances? Hawks bigger bodies may be suited but our pace may stand out. Will buddy be bought down a peg by a slippery ball and surface?

richmondrules

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:13 AM »
Cold and grey. Not a lot of rain ATM but everything is still wet from rain last night. Wouldn't be surprised if there is more rain.

lol. Sun just broke through the clouds and cam through the skylight in my lounge as I typed this. Don't expect to see much of it though. There gone before I finished this sentence.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 11:53:31 AM »
Cold and grey. Not a lot of rain ATM but everything is still wet from rain last night. Wouldn't be surprised if there is more rain.

lol. Sun just broke through the clouds and cam through the skylight in my lounge as I typed this. Don't expect to see much of it though. There gone before I finished this sentence.
Gold :thumbsupRunning commentary on weather!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »
blue skies and sunshine here in geelong, but hey that could change in 5 minutes.

if we have no rain by 4.30, lets start a rain dance

richmondrules

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 12:44:01 PM »
I just went to the AFL site and had a look at game day live. According to that Bowden is on the interchange instead of McGuane. What's with that? Is it true or is it just the typical AFL site carelessness.

Looks like they are talking about something similar on PRE but they don't mention the player involved.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 01:01:32 PM »
Strating to get gloomy in Warrnambool after a beautiful morning !!!  It will be raining here by 2pm.

richmondrules

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »
According to the AFL Game Day Live Morton is out too, replaced by Jackson.

I seriously hope they are full of poo.