Author Topic: Tuesdays with Terry - 12/8  (Read 2293 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tuesdays with Terry - 12/8
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
A quick snippet from SEN:

* Wallace said today he wants to coach Richmond beyond next year and reiterated he'll only coach Richmond from here on and nowhere else.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tuesdays with Terry - 12/8
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:43:53 PM »
Be careful Jackstar ;)

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 02:54:03 PM »
Be careful Jackstar ;)

beautifully orchestrated gimmick by Stripes. Im now waiting on the next phase of this OER gimmick which will be Jacko finding a way to refer to the unreferrables in a referrable way but also in a way which doesnt offend Stripes or breaks the deal  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
A little bit more from SEN

* Wallace believes we can turn it around. Team structure was the main problem. We played poorly - not from not trying but structurally - guys going away from team rules and structures.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 03:06:29 PM »
You guessed it - another snippet from SEN

* As a group, finals is out of our control so we're not even looking at the Eight.

jackstar

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 03:17:25 PM »
No comment

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »
No comment

Is it that hard to not hit the reply button?

Moi

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »
A quick snippet from SEN:

* Wallace said today he wants to coach Richmond beyond next year and reiterated he'll only coach Richmond from here on and nowhere else.
Sounds like a committed man to Richmond as opposed to a coach who is committed to whichever club will give him the best deal.
Lemme see - Essendon v Richmond
Errr, Richmond v Essendon

Oh no brainer, Essendon

Well until you get the sack and then it's suddenly R-I-C-H-M-O-N-D!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »

If we win the last three we make the finals.

Terry will turn it around. A great coach and man is our terry.

8)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 05:17:21 PM »
Today's press conference was a load of crap.

That is one of the worst by a long way. He is so full of crap this guy its not funny.

This press conference spun more than a Shane Warne leg break.  :wallywink

jackstar

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »
Today's press conference was a load of crap.

That is one of the worst by a long way. He is so full of crap this guy its not funny.

This press conference spun more than a Shane Warne leg break.  :wallywink

No comment :thumbsup
yes I will comment, Stuff Stripes, Wallace is full of crap.
Apparently he said to ""someone"' at the airport, he was helpless after 2 minutes in the game, there was nothing he could do.
HOW ON EARTH DID WE GIVE THIS ""wacko"" A FIVE YEAR CONTRACT! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers lose finals fate: Wallace (RFC)
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »
Tigers lose finals fate: Wallace
By Mic Cullen
 3:07 PM Tue 12 August, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has admitted that September action is now out of his team's hands.

The Tigers went to Adelaide knowing a win was a requirement to stay in the hunt for finals, but a second consecutive 63-point thrashing means the Tigers would need a series of events to fall their way for them to see post-season action.

The Tigers have slipped to 11th, a game-and-a-half and significant percentage out of the eight.

Wallace said the early review wasn't encouraging.

"The tapes told us that we structurally played as poorly as what we've played at any stage of the year," he said on Tuesday.

"It certainly wasn't from cracking in at the footy, or anything like that, but we just structurally blew the game, and had some players that went away from team rules and team structures, and it fell apart because of that.

"I'd say it was as disappointed as I've seen our group at any point in time. We worked our way into playing in such a game, and then to handle it so poorly … we knew and understood what it meant to our supporter base.

"But the reality of the game and the competition is you've got to get on with your next situation.

"Normally we actually do our review after lunch today, and knock that over – that's the way that we've always done ours – but we got it knocked over earlier for the fact that it was such a poor one, and we wanted to refocus ourselves on the last three weeks."

The talk of the last month has been about Richmond being a chance to play finals, but Wallace said the club was no longer thinking about that scenario.

”Look, we've said as a group that we believe that that's now out of our control, it really comes down to others winning and losing, that has impact on where we're going, so really, we're not even looking at the eight.

"We saw the win last weekend as being the situation where that controlled our opportunity to make the eight, and we lost that opportunity.

"Now it's out of our hands and in the hands of others, so we just do what we need to do."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=65335

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Need to see finals action in 2009 - Wallace (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 06:18:44 PM »
Terry Wallace need to see finals action
Katherine Firkin
August 12, 2008 03:30pm

TIGERS coach Terry Wallace has admitted his side needs to play finals next year if he's to get a contract extension

Wallace's five-year contract to coach the Tigers runs out at the end of 2009, and he knows time is running out for him to guide the team to September action. Richmond is again unlikely to finish in the top eight after losing to Adelaide on the weekend.

“Yeah, absolutely, that will be the case (that no finals means no new contract). And after a five-year period in term why wouldn’t that be the case?” Wallace said.

“We’ve got to be mature enough to handle that and deal with it and coming into the last year of contract, the speculation and everything else that will go on over that 6-8 month period. But that’s no problem, we’re all big boys, we know that that’s exactly where it’s going to sit and I don’t shy away from that at all.”

Wallace admitted today that his team was unlikely to play finals this year.

”Look, we've said as a group that we believe that (playing finals is) now out of our control, it really comes down to others winning and losing ... so really, we're not even looking at the eight.

"We saw the win last weekend as being the situation where that controlled our opportunity to make the eight, and we lost that opportunity.

"Now it's out of our hands and in the hands of others, so we just do what we need to do."

Despite the lack of finals football, Wallace said he’s comfortable with what he's achieved, and said that most of his work has been in rebuilding the side.

“When I started Richmond was one of the oldest sides in the competition … now we’re the third youngest,” he said.

“Somebody has to say, 'This is broken, and we’re going to try to fix it and change it' If that means that that’s all that you do, then so be it. But that’s the task I took on and I was comfortable to take that on knowing it would be a difficult task.”

While Wallace refused to consider the possibility of his contract being terminated early, he also admitted he wasn’t prepared to look past next season.

“From day one I’ve always said let’s do the five years, let’s see what works, let’s have a chat at the end of that five year term and say ‘Are we right for each other to step forward and go on?’ I’ve never ever once spoken or thought about extensions of contracts or anything like that. I’ve always been more than comfortable just doing the five years and working out where the club sits at that point in time,” he said.

“I’ve always from the day I walked in here said I was quite comfortable that I would put in place some scenarios for this club to make sure that they had a direction and that we would work on that direction for five years and at the end of that five-year scenario we’d sit back and both look at it.”

While his future at Tigerland is far from guaranteed, Wallace reaffirmed his commitment to the club and said if Richmond no longer wanted him he would not be pursing other coaching opportunities.

“I’m not at a stage in my career where I want to take up another coaching job, another starting challenge that goes for a seven or eight-year period,” he said.

“Would I love to see out the ability to see Brett Deledio get to 25 years of age, to see Trent Cotchin when he’s got 100 games under his belt, and our backmen have played together for five or six seasons? Absolutely and that’s my desire to do that and I’ll be working as hard as what I can to do my part of it and then decisions will be made.”

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24168659-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Our turnaround's obvious: Wallace (RFC)
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 06:31:40 PM »
Our turnaround's obvious: Wallace
By Mic Cullen
 6:03 PM Tue 12 August, 2008

IT'S HARD to argue with Richmond coach Terry Wallace's contention that his side is in much better shape now than at this time last year.

Apart from the fact the Tigers have spent the last month in the finals mix, the raw numbers make it abundantly clear that noteworthy improvements have taken place.

After 19 rounds last year, the Tigers were 16th on the ladder; in 2008 they're 11th.

Eight wins and a draw is comfortably clear of the two wins and a draw that held them to bottom spot.

A percentage of 91.51 is well ahead of 74.62, then the lowest in the league.

Richmond's defence last year ranked 15th for points conceded; this year it's fourth.

And its eighth-best attack is far more potent than last year's 13th.

Wallace said it was obvious the side had taken significant strides, despite some calls to talkback radio from disgruntled supporters arguing otherwise.

"We won three games last year. We got belted by 157 points in other games. Who are 'they'?" Wallace questioned a journalist on Tuesday, with "talkback callers" the reply.

"I'm not interested in talkback callers – that's your lifestyle, going on to websites and talkback is not particularly where I get my information from.

"We have KPIs (key performance indicators) like everyone else has KPIs, and our KPIs are clearly better.

"Have a look at last year's percentage, and have a look at this year's percentage, and you'll see that there's a clear difference.

"We had a shocking year last year – on a basic win-loss principle, our change in a positive note would be nearly as high as anyone in the competition," he added.

"I think if most of you people sat back and were absolutely honest, most of you, if you didn't have us 16th, you probably had us 15th or 14th at the start of the year.

"We've done better than what most of the critics thought we'd do at this point in time.

"We're not where we want to be yet, but we think the graph's heading in the right direction."

But Wallace said it wasn't just the numbers that indicated a transformation had taken place at Punt Road.

"You measure what's changed around the place, and clearly what's changed is the list," he said.

"That's the main thing that's changed – it's a completely different list than what it was four years ago.

"Mine's about the course that you've taken and where the place is at and what changes we've made over that period of time. That's the way we'll judge it.

"If we continue to improve with young players playing, well, we're heading in the right direction."

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=65360

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 07:09:07 PM »
i love the bit where he goes "i wont be coaching anywhere after the RFC"

newsflash loser no team would want a hack who has failed us in every department on field.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.