Author Topic: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett  (Read 25880 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Off-field coup brewing: Barrett
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »
Next thing will be that the club will try and discredit Russo and those involved in the Coup
Watch this space

wouldnt be the first time. we need stability Jack thats what we need etc etc.

I wonder if the ones who scoffed at him 6 months ago will now change their mind about the current board especially the 2 clowns at the top
what one thinks of russo has nothing to do with what they think of the current board.

just because someone thinks Russo offered nothing, is not an endorsement of the current board.

Only a simpleton would link the two things together in the belief that not endorsing one is an automatic endorsement of the other.

perhaps to some but not to all.

pretty sure plenty of people endorsed the ALP as a direct result of abbott but i guess that's different hey. In the real world this is what happens.

sit down champ and pay attention next time.
no its not different, it just as stupid. just because something happens in the real world, doesnt make it correct. I do understand that the world is full of unthinking idiots.For someone to say that because someone else didnt think much of Russo means they endorse the current board puts that person right in this group. It shows an inability to consider all options and to follow the george bush mentality

why is not possible to not be happy with the current board, but also want substance from the first bozo that rides into town swinging his hairy nuts about?

sit down and put take your brain out of neutral for once if the transmission isnt jammed there
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2016, 12:29:47 PM »
Gotta get this right and even though I hate to say it, right at the moment I will vote to stay as is.

Why?

As much as its about the footy and Im the last one you need to emphasise that to! Off field we have got our poo together.
Need fresh ideas there aint no question about that and something is clearly wrong with development and game plan. (id be all for a Bomber Thompson).

But as for this coup seems like it will be just another boys club "taking over and doing it their way", which could be a total disaster.

Get a plan explain who you want to replace and what if any new ideas you can bring to the table, all I can see a total spill doing is destablising the club even more than right now.

Maybe as "suppoerters" that have the best interests of the club at heart other than thier own personeel agendas and egos.
Mayve request a brain storming session with the current hierachy "Same goes for them" and see what ideas and opinions you can all come up with that may move us in a better direction on field.

Anyway looking forward tonight, why? because I love beating the filthly pie scum and rub thier supporters and Treloars face in it, hope cotch smacks the idiot.

:gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
Fork out for Fyfe and Hurley.
Hawks and Bulldogs can still chase players and we spend 2 bob htf does that work?

theres a start

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »
Get Mick Malthouse on the board as Footy Director :shh

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »
Listening to some of the nervous nellies it's like we are trying to change a board that has got us 3 flags in a row.  With 70k members and a massive supporter base and exposure you would hope that your finances are sound.  No big achievement really when you consider the additional JDF contributions that are rolled up into our results.  Sure they've done a good job in some areas especially rallying the troops but lets not go overstating their achievements.  Sell hope to tiger fans and they will come out in droves.  The board and the silent majority are jumping at shadows and would rather stay on all 4's and crawl rather than getting up to run in the fear of falling over.  We are stuck in second gear and don't know how to change gears in terms of improving our on field personnel and performance.  A more dynamic board that's not afraid to take risks is required to get smart operators in the critical on field roles.  Get a couple of finals wins or a prelim or even a grand final appearance then the off field performaces of memberships and financial results the current board boast about will be a drop in the ocean in comparison.  We are a massive club run by mice.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

tony_montana

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2016, 01:23:16 PM »
How well are we really doing commercially though when you take out all the donations coming in from supporters? Yes we've come a long way. but lets not talk them up like theyve something extraordinary

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »
Not endorsing anyone in particular until I see some kind of coherent plan....but we definitely need to at least replace the board members that have been there since the Frawley years...stuff me that's like the personnel equivalent of the possum shyte Wallace had to clean out still being here...

Peggy Sue, or anyone else on the current board for that matter, being president ahead of Malcolm Speed is bizarre.....the bloke ran the ICC ffs, a worldwide sporting body 50 times as powerful as the AFL and arguably, taking India's population alone into account, one of top 5 sporting bodies on the planet.....you couldn't be more qualified....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2016, 02:36:10 PM »
Next thing will be that the club will try and discredit Russo and those involved in the Coup
Watch this space

wouldnt be the first time. we need stability Jack thats what we need etc etc.

I wonder if the ones who scoffed at him 6 months ago will now change their mind about the current board especially the 2 clowns at the top
what one thinks of russo has nothing to do with what they think of the current board.

just because someone thinks Russo offered nothing, is not an endorsement of the current board.

Only a simpleton would link the two things together in the belief that not endorsing one is an automatic endorsement of the other.

perhaps to some but not to all.

pretty sure plenty of people endorsed the ALP as a direct result of abbott but i guess that's different hey. In the real world this is what happens.

sit down champ and pay attention next time.
no its not different, it just as stupid. just because something happens in the real world, doesnt make it correct. I do understand that the world is full of unthinking idiots.For someone to say that because someone else didnt think much of Russo means they endorse the current board puts that person right in this group. It shows an inability to consider all options and to follow the george bush mentality

why is not possible to not be happy with the current board, but also want substance from the first bozo that rides into town swinging his hairy nuts about?

sit down and put take your brain out of neutral for once if the transmission isnt jammed there
I'm swingin mine round right now doing figure eights in the window so the old sheila across the road stuffs off with her dog that keeps pooting on my nature strip
Lots of people name their swords......

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2016, 03:04:28 PM »
Just wondering if Ox is actually Damien Barrett IRL:

Damien Barrett - via afl.com.au
Aug 5 2016

POSITIVITY is a good football quality. Delusion isn't.

In trying to be forever positive in a season of football which has been anything but, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has become delusional.

It started early April with a reference to the Tigers needing to take a few steps back in order to go forward. It continued in the same month with a pledge that his side would work its way out of an early season slump.

Then came the doozy in late May. "We feel in the footy club now has good a list as I think we've had at my disposal since I've been there,'' Hardwick said.

As late as yesterday, the delusion continued. "We feel we're a finals-calibre side."

At that point, someone at Richmond needed to take Hardwick by the hand, place him in front of a very large widescreen TV and force him to watch last Saturday's 88-point loss to GWS, followed by the previous week's final 30 minutes of football against Hawthorn.

And then make him watch the carnage package again. And again. And then one more time to remove whatever delusion might still be left inside his workings.

The backward steps Richmond did take in the opening rounds have not been followed by movement forward. The early season slump has not been corrected, simply worsened.

Hardwick can coach. But he is terrible with public messaging.

Hardwick took Richmond to three consecutive finals series from 2013.

That he has had a significant say in list composition and yet has failed to win a final is a problem and possibly an insurmountable burden.

The unknown for him and the nine-person board which will determine his future is whether, like his team, his high point will forever be simply making an elimination final.

Damien Hardwick in 2009. Picture: AFL Photos

Coaching the one AFL team for seven years is usually long enough to determine one's abilities. Contractually, Hardwick will be coach of the Tigers for two more seasons.

Comparisons are being made of Hardwick's current situation with that of Geelong's hardline review and near-dismissal of Mark Thompson in 2006.

Like Hardwick, Thompson at that stage had coached for seven years. He had made the finals twice, winning finals in 2004 and 2005. There's the difference. Thompson had won finals, reached a preliminary final.

There should be no comparison with Hardwick and certainly no historically referenced safety net for Hardwick when the Tigers board properly analyses his tenure in the coming weeks.

The board itself needs to be bold enough to look inside. Regardless of the merits and credentials of the board challengers, the Tigers need a revamp of directors. Four of the nine directors have served 10 or more years. Six of the nine have served six-plus years.

For decades, all Richmond Football Club wanted was stability at coaching and board level. Having, from the start of 1977 through to the end of 1999, churned through 10 coaches and endured 11 changes of coach (Tony Jewell had two stints), the Tigers steadied with long stints by Danny Frawley, Terry Wallace and Hardwick.

So too at board level. Leon Daphne was followed by Clinton Casey, Gary March and Peggy O'Neal.

Yet for all the stability, the only results that matter haven't come.

Maybe the stability has created a suffocating inertia. Maybe a 2016 version of the old-fashioned Tiger bloodletting could positively shake things up
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-05/comment-is-dimma-delusional

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »
Not gonna give tha parrot credit here coz all he's doing is stating the obvious.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2016, 03:25:05 PM »
What is most telling is the pub group’s inability to articulate what is wrong with the board — sorry, it’s got too many lawyers sitting on it. They cannot challenge the board on its financial management or its vision.

Expecting whacks for saying this

But on the above which I think is a fairly reasonable statement

30 odd people got together at a pub in Malvern. Passionate, loyal Tiger fans. I didn't go because I didn't sign up to that Rollercoaster web-site for a number of reasons so I didn't get an invite. Funny though it was only 30 odd but I digrese

Not one person who's attended and posts on here has shared any type of vision or plan these people have. Just said how great it was, how passionate these people are....how angry they are with decisions that have been made (aren't we all) and it was pointed out that there are too any lawyers and accountants on the current board but not much else.

We are all peeved with the results this year; they are unacceptable. I don't know of one person on this forum who supported the Hardwick contract extension.

But outside of these "captain obvious" observations what do the "challengers" actually offer? When can we expect them to show themselves and officially throw their collective hats in the ring?

30 people out of 72k....the remaining 71970 odd deserve better than the cloak and dagger nonsense we are getting now; which has turned into a media circus

I know I harp on this but they need to offer more than the rumblings we've had so far
To be fair WP, these people, just like us, have little idea of the current state of contracts, contract clauses or any other financial detail that the club guards privately. It is difficult to say what you WILL do without insight in what you CAN do.
Conversely, the current group have also not told us their vision or plan AND they have the inside information about the club at hand. After 3-0-75, we have not had a single idea about what they are trying to achieve articulated.

So what ever you say about a group of disenchanted supporters, you can say about the incumbents with interest!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »
To be fair WP, these people, just like us, have little idea of the current state of contracts, contract clauses or any other financial detail that the club guards privately. It is difficult to say what you WILL do without insight in what you CAN do.
Conversely, the current group have also not told us their vision or plan AND they have the inside information about the club at hand. After 3-0-75, we have not had a single idea about what they are trying to achieve articulated.

So what ever you say about a group of disenchanted supporters, you can say about the incumbents with interest!

Fair call and I get your point

But by what's been said by people who post here and speculated on in the media is this

1/ want an orderly transition to takeover at least 5 positions on the board, not actually giving the members a say even though I've read constantly on this site the howls of discontent that members don't get enough of a say but hey that's OK because people are so peeved they've been won over by a group of ..er... um ... well some people who go together at a pub...but waits there is more because ....

2/ if they don't get their way we go down the EGM path = costs the club $1 million, people can say I am being a hysterical but sorry facts are that's how much an EGM would cost... can think better areas the club can spend (invest a million bucks)

3/ will sack the coach (that's what Jack has alluded to) now like or not but thanks to the current regime that would cost us another million bucks - again money I'd rather see invested else where

Believe me I want change

But I want the change for the better not for the sake of it and certainly not on the back of no vision / plan

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2016, 04:13:07 PM »
So WP in order to get 1 (have members decide) you need to go through 2 (spill the board).  Can you explain why it will cost 1 mill.

Regardless of what it'll cost change needs to occur.  All parties lay their cards on the table and let the members vote.  Simple.

I'd rather my money be spent on this than paying 600k to our current coach ceo and footy manager.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2016, 04:18:08 PM »

3/ will sack the coach (that's what Jack has alluded to) now like or not but thanks to the current regime that would cost us another million bucks - again money I'd rather see invested else where

Just on this...I'd suggest it will probably cost us a lot more than that in the long run if we continue on with him....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2016, 04:25:10 PM »
What is most telling is the pub group’s inability to articulate what is wrong with the board — sorry, it’s got too many lawyers sitting on it. They cannot challenge the board on its financial management or its vision.

Expecting whacks for saying this

But on the above which I think is a fairly reasonable statement

30 odd people got together at a pub in Malvern. Passionate, loyal Tiger fans. I didn't go because I didn't sign up to that Rollercoaster web-site for a number of reasons so I didn't get an invite. Funny though it was only 30 odd but I digrese

Not one person who's attended and posts on here has shared any type of vision or plan these people have. Just said how great it was, how passionate these people are....how angry they are with decisions that have been made (aren't we all) and it was pointed out that there are too any lawyers and accountants on the current board but not much else.

We are all peeved with the results this year; they are unacceptable. I don't know of one person on this forum who supported the Hardwick contract extension.

But outside of these "captain obvious" observations what do the "challengers" actually offer? When can we expect them to show themselves and officially throw their collective hats in the ring?

30 people out of 72k....the remaining 71970 odd deserve better than the cloak and dagger nonsense we are getting now; which has turned into a media circus

I know I harp on this but they need to offer more than the rumblings we've had so far

Think that's a great point WP. I'm totally confused with my own feelings over this whole saga. Of course I want to see something change, I'm upset with obviously questionable decisions that have been made both on and off the field over the past 12-24 months.

But what is the mandate of the rebels? "There's too many lawyers on the board - that's the reason we're in such a terrible state." Seriously?

I'm happy that at least its a shake-up, people who perhaps need to be reminded that they are still answerable to the masses.