Author Topic: Why is everyone so negative?  (Read 6039 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Why is everyone so negative?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »
I like to get the negative vibes out of the way now so I can sit back and enjoy the season :rollin

Having said that it's hard not to get frustrated by our pre-season form. I've seen 2 out of the 3 games and I have to say I recovered very quickly from the Cats game but last weekend .... well ... it was harder to stomach. I suppose when you get your hopes up ....... it's pretty easy to get deflated bloody quickly

Witnessing the same things that have caused grief for the last who knows how many years - poor skills and decision making. Actually, the poor skills are probably caused more by the poor decisions.

Like Harry said it cause the little red fella  :banghead to take over.

Now if that makes me weak and pathetic in the eyes of some well I will beg to differ because I now how much I support this team and club. I haven't jumped off them yet and I am not about too but I have to say I am bloody sick of feeling like this  :banghead :banghead would much rather this  :woohoo :congrats :woohoo anyday

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 01:35:04 PM »
looks like many here lack strength of character
there are 15 other afl teams u can support, i suggest you all look 4 greener pastures there.
but i will fight and back my team til the end, whether we win lose or draw i dont care. its not just about winning, its about commitment and showing the strength to hang in tough
ffs, how long did the swans have to wait b/w drinks, what about the dogs, cats, saints.
the the tough hang in for the long hall, and the weak leave
survival of the fitest will guarantee our future supporters will be tough, unlike the ones we have now

go get a kleenex all of u who whinge whine and are weak

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
It's not that we are weak or not passionate about our club, we are. Now I haven't been supporting the Tiges for as long as everyone else on here has, but honestly I'm tired of seeing us lose, and after waiting for what seemed like forever for the pre-season to start, it would of been nice to see us win a game or 2. I still love the Tiges and I will barrack for them until the day I die, but constantly losing and being the butt of all jokes for other club supporters can get frustrating...
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Moi

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 03:18:17 PM »
Can't say I disagree with anyone - both sides have great points - just wait until the real stuff starts before you give yourselves ulcers lol

Is really hard to think that we haven't even started a season and everyone has given up.  Doesn't bode too well for the club if all the doomists are proven correct

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2007, 03:46:25 PM »
I think I'll wait till round 5 before I make any assumptions. So far from the two games I have seen there are pluses and minuses

Pluses
We are very fit and are running well
Tackling is improving
Sarge and Petts are hitting their straps
Howat is improving every game
When Richo and Simmo are back we'll be more imposing
By round 5 any players with a limited preseason should be up to speed (Thirsty, John, Kingsley, Paddy)
We are yet to field a full strength team with key players in their favoured positions

Minuses
Our disposal really needs improvement
Poor decision making and turnovers need to be reduced substantially
We need to be firing from the first bounce and not let the opposition get away early.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
We are currently equal first on the ladder. That's what counts, not the last few weeks.

I enjoyed last season, and we didn't make the finals.

I'll enjoy this season too, and we may very well surprise a lot of people.It's out of our control anyway, so why not hope for the best? Maybe some of the young ones will have break-out seasons like Raines did last year. Maybe Richo and Brown will play every game and become the best goal-kicking duo in the league. You just don't know.

We have been poor to average in recent times...so what?That is the past. Does it really matter TODAY? If I'm having a bad day I never go "...and to make things worse, we've only made the finals twice in the last 24 years!" or "What a bugger that we picked Fiora instead of Pavlich. I think I'll go and end it all". Footy matters a lot to me, but FFS, all that really matters, footy-wise, is that the season is about to start and it may well be enjoyable, exciting and fanbloodytastic, and you can sit with friends, meet new people, and have a bloody good time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »

We have been poor to average in recent times...so what?That is the past. Does it really matter TODAY? If I'm having a bad day I never go "...and to make things worse, we've only made the finals twice in the last 24 years!" or "What a bugger that we picked Fiora instead of Pavlich. I think I'll go and end it all". Footy matters a lot to me, but FFS, all that really matters, footy-wise, is that the season is about to start and it may well be enjoyable, exciting and fanbloodytastic, and you can sit with friends, meet new people, and have a bloody good time.

I understand what you're saying Gordon - actually there is a big part of me that agrees with you. I love the footy, love going, meeting up with friends and new people

But....

There is also this small part of me that wants to see us improve and was hoping to see it in the pre-season because honestly season 2007 is one I've been and still am bloody excited about but what I've seen has frustrated the hell out of me.

Trust me I'll get over and no I haven't written off the season - I suppose now am I am cautiously optimistic.

ffs, how long did the swans have to wait b/w drinks, what about the dogs, cats, saints.

Quite frankly I don't give a rats continental about any of those teams. I care about the RFC have now for a very long time.

I want them to be successful end of story

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

retygas

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 04:44:45 PM »
I have got a great feeling about this year. And It goes like this we will make it into the finals. Don't know how far we will go but we will be there. And we will beat the Blues in the 1st round as our local newsagent is a Carlton boy. And I have made him 2 wooden spoons in the last 2 years. So we will win this game. Our winning strek starts in Mildura. My 20 month old Granddaughter starts to dance when we sing we're from Tigerland. She has the faith and my wife has almost turn to a Tiger (use to be Saints) as has our daughter (use to be the Bombers). So put on your helmets as we are crashing through to the top 8 this year. And we will all be doing this. :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 06:44:15 PM »
Some supporters forget Wallace was given a 5 year deal for a reason. Whether he succeeds or fails is another thing but his main priority during this time is to restore the structure to our list decimated by previous coaches.

So far added:
Rucks: Simmonds, Pattison, Knobel, Graham (r)
Talls: Thursty, Hughes, Riewoldt, Polak, Kingsley
Mids: Lids, Paddy, JON, McGuane
Smalls: Tambo, Meyer, Polo, Foley, White, Howat (r), Casserly, Edwards, Connors, Petersen, Collins, Clingan (r), King (r).   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »
I am just sick and tired of being disapointed year after year, and i am sure we all are.

Normally i build myself up similar to X does and rant and rave about what we will do for the season.

Just because i have changed track this year and am taking a negative approach to the season doesnt mean that i am of weak character. I will still support the Tigers as much as i always have.

I will continue to go home from the games without a voice and continue to wear my yellow and black colours with pride.

Ofcourse we all want the same thing, i am just looking at out prospects differently this season.

Hopefully i will see you all when we are lining up for finals tickets in September.

I am however not holding my breath.  :gotigers

Jackstar

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »
Some supporters forget Wallace was given a 5 year deal for a reason. Whether he succeeds or fails is another thing but his main priority during this time is to restore the structure to our list decimated by previous coaches.

So far added:
Smalls: Tambo, Meyer, Polo, Foley, White, Howat (r), Casserly, Edwards, Connors, Petersen, Collins, Clingan (r), King (r).   

Would suggest the following.
Jury out on Patterson and Knobel is a NO
Hughes is still doubtfull, Kingsley is a NO
McGaune probably wont make it. JON big wraps, need to show it
Tambo, needs to take the next step this year,Meyer likewise
Foley very good. Like Howat. White just needs to improve in certain areas but is on his way,
other smalls have a bit of time on there side, about 10 rounds

letsgetiton!

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »

So far added:

Would suggest the following.
Jury out on Patterson and Knobel is a NO
Hughes is still doubtfull, Kingsley is a NO
McGaune probably wont make it. JON big wraps, need to show it
Tambo, needs to take the next step this year,Meyer likewise
Foley very good. Like Howat. White just needs to improve in certain areas but is on his way,
other smalls have a bit of time on there side, about 10 rounds

patto will be very good 4 us  :thumbsup knobs will be more than useful once his body is right
hughes , see patto, KK will make u look like a fool
mcguane, 50/50. JON yes, big wraps, but has plenty of time to show it, no rush
foley will be a gun, howat will be ok
white, not sure yet
tambo and meyer yes have to take the next step but hey, whats the rush, they are still youing and raw, took the burgoynes and mcleod 4 yrs to hit their straps

what u say about our boys u could say about most clubs and their lists
do u want me to start on essendons list!!!!!!! its not as good as u think

Jackstar

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 08:06:04 AM »
Hey X, this has nothing to do with Essendon or any other club for that matter.
What I am saying is that our list doesnt seem good enough. Might be wrong or I might be right, time will tell.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »
Hey X, this has nothing to do with Essendon or any other club for that matter.
What I am saying is that our list doesnt seem good enough. Might be wrong or I might be right, time will tell.

come on jack wake up, we all know that. i jave never said thuis list will win the granny this yr
but ffs, terry is just starting his 3rd season of a 5 yr deal. not even god could transform us into a great list in 2 yrs, and u expect terry too.
as mt said , its a 5 yr deal for a reason. i hope he extends another 5 , cos we wont be a force for at least 3 - 4 more yrs.
terry cant change nearly 30 yrs of f ups in 2 yrs . let alone 5.
sick and tired of u pessimistic tossers.
im a realist. i know where we are at. we are far away from being premiers, but much much closer than we were 2 yrs ago. it will take time, and im here 4 the long haul , and one day we will say, what a bunch of champions all our players are and we were there watching them develop. thats what makes everything exciting

sure we will cop a 100plus belting here and there, but watching the young kids bounce back the week after to win shows character, true grit, the desire to succeed and improve.

we are doing fine. terry is not spin doctoring, he knows more than anyone where we are at.
stop being a depressed sooky a r s e wench and forget the past cops thats all history, look to the future or jump ship

we are in far better shape than we once were and we are improving , if u cant see that then u r blind

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 09:02:39 AM »
Take a look in todays Herald-Sun.

The Bulldog prediction from Mike Sheahan.

Have a look at their team.

A lot of 24-27 year olds with a sprinkling of youth.

Richmond don't have that yet, give them time. We have the older players and the young players but no in-between.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do