Author Topic: Great win Tiges  (Read 1879 times)

Moi

Great win Tiges
« on: April 26, 2009, 12:53:53 AM »
In such a sh1tty year so far, great win by the boys tonight.
It's a shame that those that have been so critical of the club cannot come on and congratulate the boys, after all the bagging they've done all year
Pretty p1ss weak I reckon, but what more would you expect  :wallywink
I bet they're crying in their pillows as I type this because Wallace will be here another more week   :'(
You big pack of wooses lol
Suffer  :rollin  :-*
 :gotigers

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Great win Tiges
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 01:00:23 AM »
It's a shame that those that have been so critical of the club cannot come on and congratulate the boys, after all the bagging they've done all year
I bet they're crying in their pillows as I type this because Wallace will be here another more week   :'(
Good thread Moi :thumbsup I also noticed that them boys were missing as the week went on.I think they realised we could win.!I You are 100% spot on they should be giving credit where credit is due!   Terry is with us for the year and so he should be

Moi

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 01:02:18 AM »
And what's more that was so great about tonight was that, contrary to what people have said that Wallace has lost the players, that is clearly not so on tonight's performance.
I'm not saying we have made it - far from it - but the intensity was there tonight that wasn't there all year.  They really pulled their finger out for Terry tonight and showed that they were making up for letting him down.
Good lads  :thumbsup

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:46:13 AM »
Credit where its due.
6 players probably ensurred we were going to win last night
Nahas, Jackson, Lids, Bowden. Jackson ,White.
Why ?
As different  from the past weeks, they moved the ball forward and fast, not sideways/backwards and slow
At least my 6 year old daughter didnt leave the game with tears in her eyes as per the previous weeks when they were hopeless.
She sang the song with Gusto, as we all did.
good to see the they  played  the song  twice last night.

Interesting that Nahas showed most players what defensive pressure is all about as well. Doesnt say much about his teammates when a young lightweight has to lead the way, especially early in the game.  ( Nahas had most tackled for the game ) WELL DONE I SAY

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:50:25 AM »
Credit where its due.
Why ?
As different  from the past weeks, they moved the ball forward and fast, not sideways/backwards and slow
At least my 6 year old daughter didnt leave the game with tears in her eyes as per the previous weeks when they were hopeless.

Interesting that Nahas showed most players what defensive pressure is all about as well. Doesnt say much about his teammates when a young lightweight has to lead the way, especially early in the game.  ( Nahas had most tackled for the game ) WELL DONE I SAY

So if TW can get them consistently moving "the ball forward and fast" does he stay next year?

:shh

Moi

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »
Credit where its due.
Why ?

That wasn't hard was it  :thumbsup
 :clapping

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »

before you start hurling insults Moi maybe you need to get your head out of your arse.

i was not on line for 48 hours but now i am back.

Yes i have been critical of the club but last night they played WELL, VERY WELL.

It was not much to ask IMO, straight through the lines and direct not this chip sideways crap we have seen.

NAHAS IS A GEM. a bloody beauty that kid

Jackson plenty of errors but plenty of the ball as well.

only change is JON out for good and Raines back and/or Cotch if he is fit.

Simmo never to play footy again. Those 2 out there tried their heart out.

Fitting applause right at the end to clap Cogs off. Was sitting right there and it was a very nice feleing i must admit.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
Great win by the team.

However!

To me it proves a point that modern football has changed the make up of a team in order to be successful.  That is, playing 5 or 6 30yo plus players is a dangerous ploy.

They get exposed across all lines.

This has become a young mans game, if they can run and kick, they will have an impact.  As a club, we need to continue throwing caution in the wind.

Nahas, Graham, Collins, Rance and even JON are showing that opportunity to play MEANS something them - privledge, not a right.

Riewoldt and Jackson showed that they are worth persevering with in the team. My ATTITUDE controls my altitude.

The older players not in the team just don't appear to have the above qualities in their make up anymore. And now they are too old and slow for the football skill to make up the difference.

Congratulations to Plough and team for having the courage to find the right mix.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Moi

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »
before you start hurling insults Moi maybe you need to get your head out of your behind.

i was not on line for 48 hours but now i am back.

Who said I was directing it at you?
BTW someone was using your account while you were offline I think  ::)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »
And what's more that was so great about tonight was that, contrary to what people have said that Wallace has lost the players, that is clearly not so on tonight's performance.
I'm not saying we have made it - far from it - but the intensity was there tonight that wasn't there all year.  They really pulled their finger out for Terry tonight and showed that they were making up for letting him down.
Good lads  :thumbsup

MOI SPOT  on. this is what i have been looking foir for a couple of years now, wanting to see if the players played for the coach! the time has arrived, last night was not just a win, it was a statement.  if we get our season back on track, the board should do the right thing and extend terrys contract.
it was great to win, but last night i didnt really care about the result, i wanted to see attitude passion and desire.
we were 0-19 5 minutes in and we all thought o sh it not again, but the players rallied and played with spirit and passion that crushed the shinboners.  NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

Jackstar is back

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 11:01:39 AM »
Credit where its due.
Why ?

So if TW can get them consistently moving "the ball forward and fast" does he stay next year?

No.
Credit where its due. it took a player like Nahas to get them going.
The first 15 minutes was HORRIBLE.
Might also add Harvey and Firritto went off at the same time, dont get too carried away.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »
Credit where its due.
Why ?

No.
Credit where its due. it took a player like Nahas to get them going.
The first 15 minutes was HORRIBLE.
Might also add Harvey and Firritto went off at the same time, dont get too carried away.

Just enjoy the moment will you?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
Richo went off not long after Harvey and Firrito came back on to play out the game

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »
It was a good win, we need to back it up again next week, if we can then maybe the season can be salvaged.

Moi

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 03:59:56 PM »
Richo went off not long after Harvey and Firrito came back on to play out the game
Yes, I'm sure if we lost and we had injured players, that wouldn't come into the equation.  But as soon as it happens with the opposition, you can bet your life that was the reason they lost  :lol