Author Topic: Official Tiger Team -v- West Coast (Rd 10)  (Read 14594 times)

Rampstar

Re: Official Tiger Team -v- West Coast (Rd 10)
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
Dimma showed his hand with the recruitment of the older hacks in last years drafts. At the time I was suspicious but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. No there is no doubt...
Agree.Picks 79,90,102,110 would have been so much better. :lol :lol

Richmond shouldnt be clogging its list with aged players from other clubs. Even if just 1 junior player had made it from 79, 90,102 or 110 then we would be in a much better position. The first thing we should do at the end of this year is delist alot of those who arrived from other clubs last year and then add Jackson, McGuane and Nahas to that list.

Rampstar

« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »
Crazy Ivan - Its Interesting you should mention those picks and saying they wouldnt have produced anything. I wanted Sam Dwyer from Port Melbourne have for the last 2 years but anyway look at this -
Sam Colquhoun who I also liked and said so on here has already played senior footy this year was a PSD selection and if we hadnt of taken him we could have taken Jack Hannath who was also taken in the PSD and who has also made his senior debut. Then in the rookie draft Kyle Martin was available and he was taken pick 13 in the rookie draft and Sam Dwyer was taken pick 27 in the rookie draft. So there you go - we could have for example added
SColquhoun or J.Hannath
K.Martin
S.Dwyer
Thats 3 players who would have been much better for us than those we got from the other clubs - especially Martin and Dwyer had plenty to offer.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2013, 11:06:14 AM »
What doesn't make sense to me is why bring in a midsized defender who often turns the ball over coming out of the backline when last week we were smashed in contested footy in the middle of the ground, couldn't tackle, and turned the ball over coming out of defence. Arnot disposal is inconsistent but he doesn't turn the footy over any more than Dea does. Dea's good can be very good but he makes too many goal costing clangers even at VFL level. Last time he was in the seniors he was totally lost out there in the backline. The two changes seem very defensive to me. Why not on the wide expanses of Subiaco bring the very agile 202cm McBean in who is regularly kicking 3-4 goals a week at Coburg and see if we can get a mismatch up forward.  Dimma wants his players to be bold this week but the selection committee haven't been.

Mostly agree. Except don't believe in bringing in McBean. He has enormous talent but he needs to build up his body for senior footy. Should have brought in Arnot and Astbury. He should have rewarded them for their form at VFL level. We had an overly defensive team for the Essendon game and it appears the same for the West Coast game. We were criticized for going into our shells against the bombers it appears the selectors are doing the same.

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »
Crazy Ivan - Its Interesting you should mention those picks and saying they wouldnt have produced anything. I wanted Sam Dwyer from Port Melbourne have for the last 2 years but anyway look at this -
Sam Colquhoun who I also liked and said so on here has already played senior footy this year was a PSD selection and if we hadnt of taken him we could have taken Jack Hannath who was also taken in the PSD and who has also made his senior debut. Then in the rookie draft Kyle Martin was available and he was taken pick 13 in the rookie draft and Sam Dwyer was taken pick 27 in the rookie draft. So there you go - we could have for example added
SColquhoun or J.Hannath
K.Martin
S.Dwyer
Thats 3 players who would have been much better for us than those we got from the other clubs - especially Martin and Dwyer had plenty to offer.
Thats all well and good,But i think its an over reaction to last weeks loss more than anything else.Sam Dwyer looks good atm but so did Grigg in his first full year with us until sides have worked him out.The only recycle i have issue with is Arron Edwards.The Big O i have no problem with,You mentioned Hannah but you forget to mention Mcbean[yes i know a few years off],Lonergan is logical as well considering the question mark over Foley and geez he's played one game with us give him a chance.Knights was starting to find form before he did his knee.And rememeber we have Conca and Ellis out.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2013, 12:09:22 PM »
Lonergan far from logical. Pure list clogger.

Hinders the development of your helbig / arnot / idea types

Ruanaidh

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
Dimma showed his hand with the recruitment of the older hacks in last years drafts. At the time I was suspicious but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. No there is no doubt...
Agree.Picks 79,90,102,110 would have been so much better. :lol :lol
Hannath and Dwyer at a quick look.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2013, 12:19:56 PM »
Ahh got to love the old hindsight recruiters, pure class

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
Dwyer has been known to be a Barlow type for yonks.

Lonergsn has been rubbish for a long time too

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »

Grigg continues to get gifted games, week after week

This is one game where I can handle the Grigg inclusion, big ground and a few injuries.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
Dwyer has been known to be a Barlow type for yonks.

Lonergsn has been rubbish for a long time too

Reminds me nothing of Barlow

the claw

« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2013, 11:49:50 PM »
SColquhoun or J.Hannath
K.Martin
S.Dwyer
some of those i had some real barnys over.
i still think we richmond,  and most other clubs fail to recognise and utilise good state leaugue players cheaply.
have always said you onlly need make them meet some simple requirements. 

1. target those players who finsish high in b&fs both club and state, target only players who have the right attributes to play afl. ie pace footskills smarts andregularly dominate.  imo it is true if you cant dominate at vll or state league level how can you dominate at afl level.
thig is there a re plenty who have regularly dominated at state league with all the right attributes and they invariable when given a chance at afl go on to make a good fist of it.
of course common sense has to be used. an example beware the big bodied player who thru sheer size wins plenty of ball but is as slow as a wet wick. lack of pace and average skills  may be compensated for at the lower level, but the strengths wont cut it  ie size and strength wont cut it at afl level because they are all strong and they are all quicker.

if we target players from other clubs on the cheap target those who are being denied a game because of the lack of opportunity due to proven  better performed players geting a game in front of them

i can think of three players at wce alone and ive mentioned this before sinclair and lycett both ruckmen are going to struggle to get a game in front cox and naitanui. lets get in their ear.
they have a rookie tall forward in jeremy mcgovern he has to get past darling kennedy and the ruckmen to get a game. lets get in his ear.
last yr i was hoping we would have a go at norths aaron black he was behind hansen tarrant and petrie we should be going hard at these types offering good money and a guarantee of a game.

if we want quality and insist on useing a first rnd pick  lets go and get a player who fills a definate need and who will give us long term service. some one like james frawley just 24 this yr ticked over just 100 games and is about to enter his prime. man we would shore our defense up for yrs with a bloke like him.

its not hard and it is disappointing to see us continually struggle in the  critical areas of list management and recruiting.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2013, 12:19:57 AM »
What doesn't make sense to me is why bring in a midsized defender who often turns the ball over coming out of the backline when last week we were smashed in contested footy in the middle of the ground, couldn't tackle, and turned the ball over coming out of defence. Arnot disposal is inconsistent but he doesn't turn the footy over any more than Dea does. Dea's good can be very good but he makes too many goal costing clangers even at VFL level. Last time he was in the seniors he was totally lost out there in the backline. The two changes seem very defensive to me. Why not on the wide expanses of Subiaco bring the very agile 202cm McBean in who is regularly kicking 3-4 goals a week at Coburg and see if we can get a mismatch up forward.  Dimma wants his players to be bold this week but the selection committee haven't been.

Mostly agree. Except don't believe in bringing in McBean. He has enormous talent but he needs to build up his body for senior footy. Should have brought in Arnot and Astbury. He should have rewarded them for their form at VFL level. We had an overly defensive team for the Essendon game and it appears the same for the West Coast game. We were criticized for going into our shells against the bombers it appears the selectors are doing the same.
I don't disagree McBean still needs to build up his body but he is already playing against men at VFL level and is in the top 10 goalkickers this year with 19 goals from 7 games. The thing to note is this has been achieved when he is often getting terrible delivery from the woeful Coburg midfield and it's only his amazing agility and ground level work for a guy who is 202cm tall that turns nothing into goals. He's not just a mark and kick leading forward and unlike at Coburg he would've been played as a 3rd tall which means his opponent would be only the 3rd best defender and most likely create a mismatch in a favour. You could argue he's a better crumber of a goal than our small forwards (whom most have no idea about being front and square  ::) ). IMO sometimes a coach has just got to back talent when it is staring you right in the face irrespective of age.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kamdyn McIntosh on standby for Richmond (Sportal)
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »
McIntosh has replace Arnot as an emergency.

McIntosh on standby for Richmond
Sportal
Last Updated 03/06/2013

Western Australian recruit Kamdyn McIntosh is on standby for Richmond's Monday night blockbuster against West Coast at Patersons Stadium, after the teenager was added to the emergency list.

McIntosh came into the emergencies list at the expense of Matthew Arnot (injured) on Sunday afternoon, and the versatile defender could be a late inclusion into the Tigers' 22 to help counter the Eagles' tall timber up forward.

The former Peel Thunder backman was drafted with pick 31 in last year's National Draft.

Given McIntosh's curious late inclusion in the emergency list casts doubt over the likes of Brett Deledio and Jake Batchelor, with the pair both incurring knee injuries in last week's loss to Essendon but both were named to play against West Coast.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/mcintosh-on-standby-for-richmond-237957

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »
Arnot played for Coburg yet has injury  :huh

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »
West Coast v Richmond at Patersons Stadium, 5.40pm

NO LATE CHANGES

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-02/final-teams