Author Topic: Walls reckons Gas will go back to WA next year  (Read 1258 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Walls reckons Gas will go back to WA next year
« on: June 25, 2005, 11:06:32 PM »
They had Walls and Tim Lane on the fifth quarter giving their reviews of and predictions for this year. Walls said he thinks Gas will be traded to a WA side at the end of the year as he would like to finish his career in Perth. This is despite Gas being at Richmond for the last 10 years. He must live in his own little world  ???

They also had Gas as one of their most disappointing players this year... WTF!  ??? Yeah his kicking is dodgy (tell us something we don't know Wallsy ::) ) but sheesh talk about you're only as good/bad as your last game or two. Where were they in the first 9 rounds?!  ::)   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Walls reckons Gas will go back to WA next year
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 02:16:17 AM »
Walls talks, i don't listen, it works for me, more people should try it!  :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 09:09:04 AM »
Robert Walls  :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 10:28:09 AM »
Gaspar is 30 next year if we got a good deal i would trade him. We need gas to play fantastic for the rest of the year, then hopefully we send him to Freo for 1st rounder. Connelly is stupid, theyd do it!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 07:42:23 PM »
Gaspar is 30 next year if we got a good deal i would trade him. We need gas to play fantastic for the rest of the year, then hopefully we send him to Freo for 1st rounder. Connelly is stupid, theyd do it!

Well he gave away their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks for Josh Carr and Schoefield plus a tall in Simmonds for a small in Heath Black so I wouldn't be surprised. Still it was only Walls making something up that wasn't there.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:17:22 PM »
Walls has reckoned a lot of things over the years, most of it has been crap.
He has missed the mark in a couple of his articles this year too;
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/columnists/robertwalls/index.html

The Swans article was ott and saints vs geelong one just bizarre.

If there was a ladder for footy journos he would be sitting about 2nd last with 3 wins.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 01:06:14 PM »
They had Walls and Tim Lane on the fifth quarter giving their reviews of and predictions for this year. Walls said he thinks Gas will be traded to a WA side at the end of the year as he would like to finish his career in Perth. This is despite Gas being at Richmond for the last 10 years. He must live in his own little world ???

They also had Gas as one of their most disappointing players this year... WTF! ??? Yeah his kicking is dodgy (tell us something we don't know Wallsy ::) ) but sheesh talk about you're only as good/bad as your last game or two. Where were they in the first 9 rounds?! ::)

Perhaps Wallsy is ticked off because he didn't get an invite to Laguna to play golf with most of the othe rmedia who followed the Tigers around last week ;D

I cannot see them getting rid of Gaspar - let's not forget he took a massive pay cut this season, with the exception of the last 2 games he has been very good and I think he maybe eligible for the veterans list next season (10 years at one club and 30y.o) so why would you?

As for wanting to go home -  :gobdrop give me a break (see above re paycuts) - he'd be gone by now  ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 04:22:09 PM »
gaspar is not part of our future, if we can trade him next yr we should. i believ tw and miller should try and chase polak from freo, a direct swap there would be a win for us, polak would become a gr8 player if he had a gr8 coach  and i know many ppl here and there think gas is gr8 but think again, he may be ok but he has been an over paid good player with a bad kick!!!!! we need to stamp out players like him and chubba . we need players with skill by hand and foot, courage can only get u so far

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 05:55:30 PM »
They also had Gas as one of their most disappointing players this year... WTF!  ??? Yeah his kicking is dodgy (tell us something we don't know Wallsy ::) ) but sheesh talk about you're only as good/bad as your last game or two. Where were they in the first 9 rounds?!  ::)   

Gaspar has been good this year. Not great, but good and if we were told before the year that he would be playing footy to this standard this year we would have been very happy with the news.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 05:52:45 PM »
Perhaps Wallsy is ticked off because he didn't get an invite to Laguna to play golf with most of the othe rmedia who followed the Tigers around last week ;D

Walls loves his golf  (mentions nearly everytime his on tv about how he lives right next to a golf course) so you might be onto something WP :thumbsup

I cannot see them getting rid of Gaspar - let's not forget he took a massive pay cut this season, with the exception of the last 2 games he has been very good and I think he maybe eligible for the veterans list next season (10 years at one club and 30y.o) so why would you?

Completely forgot about that. This is Gas' 10th year at Punt Road so I think you're right WP about his eligibility for the veterans' list next year. Not that we need to worry about going over the salary cap. He'll probably just replace Cambo on there.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 04:35:58 PM »
Walls was either wrong or a year off  :wallywink.