Author Topic: Tigers vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Friday 4pm [merged]  (Read 24063 times)

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Friday 4pm [merged]
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2010, 11:31:54 PM »
We should be able to offload him to West Coast or the Gold Goast in trade week.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2010, 11:35:12 PM »

I actually felt sorry for both Rance and White, they were horrible. If thats the best they can produce after a solid pre season, they will be at coburg for the year.
Rance has little idea. Hardwick tried to re invent him today trying him up forward, he went of marks and missed the ball twice in 5 mins, not up to it.
White likewise , and we all know about McMahon.
Can someone tell me how many times he kicked the ball backwards????

Who do I trust?

The coaching group who select the best players or morons like you that constantly knock the same players.

I wasn't at the game but have read your posts that are in total opposition to what the coaching staff have said after the game.

Then don't comment.  White had a good 3rd quarter, but that was it.  I was disappointed with Webberly, but am willing to give him more chances.  Collins showed that he can play, but still turned it over a bit.  Tuck was pretty solid all game.  McMahon was pitiful.  I would have had Jackson, Thursfield, Morton and Contin in the bests rather than Collins, White, Webberly and McMahon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »
I went as well today.

Here's the rough line-up in each half .....

First Quarter

B:   Farmer    McGuane     Thursty
HB: Roberts     Post         King
C:    Contin    Jackson     White
HF:  Taylor      Rance      Hicks
F:      Polo       Polak     Morton
R:   Simmonds   Tuck    Collins
Int:  Graham, Nason, Webberley, Dea, Grimes, McMahon

Second quarter

B:    Polo     McGuane     Thursty
HB:  King       Post         Farmer
C:    Contin    Jackson     White
HF:  Taylor      Rance      Nason
F:    Roberts    Polak     Morton
R:   Simmonds   Tuck    Collins
Int:  Graham, Hicks, Webberley, Dea, Grimes, McMahon

Second half

On: Browne, Vickery
Off: Graham, Polak

B:   Polo       McGuane     Thursty
HB: McMahon   Post       Farmer
C:    Collins    Jackson     White
HF:  Taylor      Rance       Roberts
F:     King      Vickery     Morton
R:   Simmonds   Tuck    Contin
Int:  Browne, Hicks, Webberley, Dea, Grimes, Nason

The first 15 minutes of the first quarter and the 3rd quarter is when we had more than our fair share of the play. Apart from that it was all Collingwood with the ball barely crossing the centreline as we couldn't get it out of our backline without giving it straight back to the Pies.

Our backline defensively did fairly well spoiling incoming Pie forays but in those periods we couldn't get it out of our backline we fell back into bad old habits of being stagnant through the midfield offering no leads to kick to which forced our defenders to chip short, wide and backwards in the defensive 50 trying to maintain possession crabbing along the boundary.

Our forward line is very makeshift especially with Jack out of the side. Vickery gave us some tall target to kick to when he came on but are really missing genuine tall forwards while waiting for the likes of Griffiths and Astbury to come on and mature in a few years time.

Midfield really suffered with our classier players missing today. Jacko the only senior player to lead the way and win the ball over 4 quarters. Contin clearly the best of the youngsters.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2010, 11:49:47 PM »
McMahon, White, King. Rance shouldnt be at Richmond in 2011. Its unfortunate, but no team can win a flag with this level of player.  They are honorable troops, but theyre not Premiership player material in my opinion. I will wish them all the best wherever they end up in 2011.

Is Rance honestly that bad?

Surely he has some upside with some developing left, is it too early to write him off? I'm not a Rance lover but a little uncomfortable saying he should be dumped after 3-4 years in the system.
To answer your question, yes he is that bad.
Should have taken what we were offered by Carlton pre-season for him. A couple of steamed dim sims probably would have been fair!  :lol

Wouldnt have even got Dim Sims.

tony_montana

« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
What was dissapointing about webberley? Was it a bad day, or does he look like he's off he pace? Tassie league is miles behind and gives you a lot more time with the ball. I was also concerned with his defnsive side(mcmahon mkII), how does this look?

Contins footskills and poise?

King in the backline??

Grimes?

How does Brwne move? trimmed some puppy fat?

cheers

jackstar is back again

« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:45 PM »

I actually felt sorry for both Rance and White, they were horrible. If thats the best they can produce after a solid pre season, they will be at coburg for the year.
Rance has little idea. Hardwick tried to re invent him today trying him up forward, he went of marks and missed the ball twice in 5 mins, not up to it.
White likewise , and we all know about McMahon.
Can someone tell me how many times he kicked the ball backwards????

Who do I trust?

The coaching group who select the best players or morons like you that constantly knock the same players.

I wasn't at the game but have read your posts that are in total opposition to what the coaching staff have said after the game.

Firstly , I aint  a moron.
Secondly you should believe me for reasons  I wont explain.
My opinions are unbaised.
As for knocking players, the players I do knock have life long problems with there game that no club will be able to cure.
Take Angus Graham for instance, how on earth did he get on an AFL list is beyond belief.
When did he last take a mark in a game ???  At least Browne got an opportunity in the 2nd half and had a crack, beat Jolley in every centre bounce in the 3rd quarter.
And I seen  a rookie there today in Hicks, the kids tries, but why on earth would the club rookie him ????
Maybe the club are training racehorses on the side and the kid is earmarked to become the stable jockey :lol ::)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2010, 12:00:56 AM »
What was dissapointing about webberley? Was it a bad day, or does he look like he's off he pace? Tassie league is miles behind and gives you a lot more time with the ball. I was also concerned with his defnsive side(mcmahon mkII), how does this look?

Contins footskills and poise?

King in the backline??

Grimes?

How does Brwne move? trimmed some puppy fat?

cheers

Thought Brown was good, better option than Graham,
Do you play in round 1 ??? Played round 1 last year and that was it.
Would think his immediate future lies in the next 2 weeks, if he keeps on improving, you have to play him.

King, I thought he played well.
Like him up forward, reason being we dont get hurt as much if he turns the balll over.LOL
One thing I will say,
I would play TUCK inside F50.
NOT POLAK

Tigermonk

« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2010, 12:06:10 AM »
EKTO shutup your making a real fool of yourself  :shh  ;D

Now Jackstar after reading all that Hows our mate McMahon going  ;D  :rollin

& what horse is Hicks riding  ;D

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2010, 12:10:32 AM »
ok, questions form "torch".  :P

Collingwood kicked 13 behinds in the final quarter and still won that quarter!

that tells me that our forward line is of need of a tall power forward.

watching Western tonight, last two quarters, Barry Hall is massive for them.

tonights match for him, was very good.

we need a more tall forwards.

on the afl website:

Jack Anthony, Anthony Corrie and John McCarthy each booted two goals for the Pies, while Mitch Morton slotted four goals for Richmond. Magpies Sharrod Wellingham, McCarthy and Luke Ball all found plenty of the footy while Andrew Collins, Matthew White and Jeromey Webberley were among Richmond’s best.

on here, Collins, White, Webberley, were horrible?

actually, Collins somebody said he was good.

i am actually disappointed with Graham Polak.

he would of played Full Forward, and for him not to kick a goal is very horrible.

i read, "our midfield not leading up for the defenders"! that is lazy typical Richmond.

Tuck 33 touches, same Tuck, my question on him, who played against him and did that player dominate?

i think Tuck is defensively hopeless!

White 30 touches - did he play on ball?

reading some posts, he turned the football over a lot?

McMahon - i think this guy is having fun earning "x" amount.

if he is that horrible, i think he doesn't care!

i would put him on the half-forward line!

how was Polo and where did he play?

Post is a forward! not a defender! simple as that!

we are wasting him down back!

Hardwick - put Post at CHF!

did Gourdis play?

how was Grimes, Dea, Nason?

interesting about Browne.

did he gather kicks around the ground?

Rance? is it his kicking?

i don't understand how bad he is?

the fact that it was ...

11.24 (35) to 9.8 (17) ...

double the shots, is not good!

that tells me that the midfield and forward line is still 15th and 16th placed!

even if it is a practice match, they could of won by 100 points.

who played on Luke Ball? and who won?

King? forward or back or Coburg?

fudge practice matches and play the real stuff!

:)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2010, 12:13:14 AM »
EKTO shutup your making a real fool of yourself  :shh  ;D

Now Jackstar after reading all that Hows our mate McMahon going  ;D  :rollin

& what horse is Hicks riding  ;D

McMahon is running around like a maiden at Colac .
Need blinkers as he keeps kicking backwards and sideways, actually today was laughable, most people around me were having a little giggle.
Hicks , bred to be a jockey, know his Dad, he played footy at the promising weight of about 65kg, son is the same, jumps jockey material, LOL.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2010, 12:20:48 AM »
ok, questions form "torch".  :P

Collingwood kicked 13 behinds in the final quarter and still won that quarter!

that tells me that our forward line is of need of a tall power forward.

watching Western tonight, last two quarters, Barry Hall is massive for them.

tonights match for him, was very good.

we need a more tall forwards.

on the afl website:

Jack Anthony, Anthony Corrie and John McCarthy each booted two goals for the Pies, while Mitch Morton slotted four goals for Richmond. Magpies Sharrod Wellingham, McCarthy and Luke Ball all found plenty of the footy while Andrew Collins, Matthew White and Jeromey Webberley were among Richmond’s best.

on here, Collins, White, Webberley, were horrible?

actually, Collins somebody said he was good.

i am actually disappointed with Graham Polak.

he would of played Full Forward, and for him not to kick a goal is very horrible.

i read, "our midfield not leading up for the defenders"! that is lazy typical Richmond.

Tuck 33 touches, same Tuck, my question on him, who played against him and did that player dominate?

i think Tuck is defensively hopeless!

White 30 touches - did he play on ball?

reading some posts, he turned the football over a lot?

McMahon - i think this guy is having fun earning "x" amount.

if he is that horrible, i think he doesn't care!

i would put him on the half-forward line!

how was Polo and where did he play?

Post is a forward! not a defender! simple as that!

we are wasting him down back!

Hardwick - put Post at CHF!

did Gourdis play?

how was Grimes, Dea, Nason?

interesting about Browne.

did he gather kicks around the ground?

Rance? is it his kicking?

i don't understand how bad he is?

the fact that it was ...

11.24 (35) to 9.8 (17) ...

double the shots, is not good!

that tells me that the midfield and forward line is still 15th and 16th placed!

even if it is a practice match, they could of won by 100 points.

who played on Luke Ball? and who won?

King? forward or back or Coburg?

fudge practice matches and play the real stuff!

:)

Hey Torch, would love to answer all your questions, but its midnight .
Will say this, Tuck has to be in our starting 18. why ?
As he has a bigger body than most of the lightweights we have.
I have said this before, would play Tuck inside F50.
White played 5 minutes of good footy, the other 95 mins was riddled with mistakes.
Polo played down back as was okay,
Post played down back and the only time he gained possesions was when he zoned off ( I think the coaching staff gave him McMahons highlight video )
This kid is a forward and not a backman I am afraid and Hardwick will need to adjust his thinking, as he has done with Polo , putting him down back again after trying to make him a forward.
Not overly rapt with Roberts either, why ? we dont need a Dean Rioli at punt rd, that type of player is not suited to todays style.
Taylor looked okay, has good skills,

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »
MT's individual summary

2. Thursty - solid in defence. A typical game from Will.

5. Simmo - Played the whole game in the ruck rotating with Gus in the first half and Browne in the second. Would've said he nullified Jolly and Farmer and will play round 1 as first ruck.

6. Polak - Only once again confirmed to me he is a temporary fill-in until Griffiths and Astbury mature. Really offered little today. Just doesn't have the speed and mobility to play FF long-term.

13. McMahon - A mixed bag from Jordie and another unlikely to play too much AFL footy this year. As I txted to FNM the good was his 2nd and 3rd efforts on the wing in the 2nd quarter when outnumbered. The bad was when the ball went over Contin's head and instead of going in for the footy in front of him Jordie  stood off expecting the kid to turn around, fetch the footy for him which by then Contin was under pressure and then dish a handball to Jordie who by then had ran forward expecting a receive which is turned over. Senior players should not be expecting first gamers to do their work for them  :scream.

14. Polo - Played forward in the first quarter then went back for the rest of the game. Worked hard and took a few courageous marks in defence but he's another whose footskills let him down especially when playing in backline. He kicks too short in the backline yet he can kick a long accurate 55m goal  ???.

15. Farmer - not bad but didn't have the same influence he had last week.

16. McGuane - Solid defensively especially given how often the ball was coming into our defensive 50. a shame his footskills are hit and miss.

18. Rance - played across HF and sadly was terrible again particularly in the first half where he had shocker similar to the Hawthorn game. A real concern sadly. He's too slow with is decision making and his basic skills have gone to the dogs  :(.

20. Morton - our best forward by far. 4 goals playing against Presti.

21. Tuck - disappointing for mine for 3 quarters. IMO Wellingham beat him hands down for most of the game. Only in the 3rd quarter did Tucky get get his hands on the ball regularly, ran the lines and was constructive and influential with the footy.

23. Jacko - I thought he made a few mistakes in the first quarter but for the last 3 quarters he was excellent. Showed very good leadership continually winning the hard ball and clearances throwing himself into stoppages and at the bottom of packs.

24. Collo - so-so from Collo. Hit and miss with his disposal and Ball his opponent was very prominent in the first half for the Pies.

25. Graham - has slipped behind both Vickery and Browne based on today. A shocker from him and the others have more tricks to their bow.

28. Kingy - tries his guts out and I would have him as one of our bests today given he played across HB in the first half getting a fair bit of footy and then went forward to kick 2 goals. Sadly triers with dodgy footskills like Kingy won't get us to where we need to get to. When you have two forwards leading into space on the HF line and you can't miss them by a mile kicking the ball out on the full.

29. Vickery - came on after halftime and gave us a mobile tall target up forward when we were on top in the third quarter. Nice mark and long goal in the 3rd. Starved of the footy in the last because the ball didn't get down there.

35. White - another under the pump. Can get the footy but his decision making and footskills then let him down.

37. Post - didn't standout playing across HB. Played a more take the defensive mark then dish off game rather than giving us run off the backline himself.

43. Dea - didn't do much today. Played HBF when on the ground but I actually didn't notice him after quarter time.

43. Browne - Really gave us a spark when he came on in the second half. It was just his ruckwork against experienced players like Jolly and Fraser but he was throwing himself like a rover into bottom of packs and on loose balls with 2nd and 3rd efforts just when you thought the Pies would clear. Best game I've seen him play so far easily.

44. Taylor - glimpses today playing on a HFF. Can look laconical though when he kicks. Had the chance to kick a couple of goals but missed them both.

45. Hicks - I think today he thought he was still playing U18s. The tempo of the game caught him out numerous times which caused him to stuff up. For example his best piece of play was when he got the ball about 70m out and ran and bounced in to space towards goal and what should have been a soader only for him to hold onto the ball too long giving the Pie defender coming at him the chance to spoil. Very tiny too. Not sure why he was considered our first pick in the rookie draft.

46. Webberley - disappointing today playing across HB. Made too many mistakes and fumbled quite a times.

47. Nason - okay. Nothing to write home about.

48. Grimes - Played in the back pocket when on. Not the worst out there for a kid playing his first game.

49. Contin - probably the best news to come out of today. Not saying he starred but he just looked a footballer out there - composed for someone so young and got a fair bit of the footy. In the main used it well and hit targets. Hardwick had him playing at the centre square bounces for practically the whole game and when he wasn't he was on the wing. A promising effort.

50. Roberts - patchy. Played the first quarter in defence before moving forward. He footpassed too short today coming out of the backline (although he did try and kick back towards the centre corridor) and unlike last week we didn't see his speed used to the team's advantage both offensively and defensively chasing down opponents.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
Why on earth did we rookie Hicks ? Aint going to make it, way too small

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »
Why on earth did we rookie Hicks ? Aint going to make it, way too small
Don't ask me  :-\. I know we wanted players with speed and good footskills but to make it they need size as well to win the footy.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:33 AM »
Thanks for the report guys.....very informative as always. :thumbsup

Some of the non-football related posting also very entertaining. :P Great to see everyone getting along

Unleash the tornado